Turn on thread page Beta

I got 86/100 in C1 - retake or not? watch

• View Poll Results: Should I retake C1 or not?
    Yes.
    29.44%
    No.
    70.56%

(Original post by !MEna)
    After that exam, I'm grateful for a B - though I scraped it haha! The grade boundaries are up on AQA's site. 46/65 for an A, 40/65 for a B - again, I reckon you'll get an A! :p:

I feel more confident with programming so I'm hoping I do better when I resit CPT1 (definitely resitting) but I'm glad I've got a good foundation with a B already so it's not all bad - just makes my life more hectic this June. I've been told CPT1 is the hardest module at AS and CPT2 is so much more easier and CPT3 is easy if the coursework is good. Hope it all goes well for you this time round.
    Thanks
    I've had a look at the boundaries, not too bad (was quite a bit higher last summer). I'm hoping I've got an A, it may be a bit close though. I actually find CPT1 easier than CPT2 :p:, I'm falling asleep in those lessons (quite literally). CPT3 isn't too bad, I quite like the programming task.

But if you're more comfortable with programming and that's where you struggled, then I'd say you've got a great chance of getting an A on the resit.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're doing double maths or applying to do maths at uni... I don't personally see a point in retaking.

ReputationRep:
    i was 1 mark off an A is stats, is it liekly to go to an A after a remark?

ReputationRep:
    Wait till y13, see how you do in S1 and C2 first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess_17_07)
    Wait till y13, see how you do in S1 and C2 first.
    im doing further maths, so a level maths this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arpeggio)
    Interesting - do you think C3 is harder than C4 or S2 then?

OP I think you need to speak to your teacher, only they know you well enough to advise what you should do.
    Yes... C4 is easier compared to C3. S2 I can't comment on since I'm not studying.

ReputationRep:
    Got 93/100 on C1
    83/100 on C2

And just got S1 result of 87

Happy

ReputationRep:
    dont give it concentrate more on your present units c2 and s1 cause my bro also got 88/100 in c1 but he got 540/600

ReputationRep:
    Could you please use the appropriate green threads to post results.

ReputationRep:
    Well its not exactly strictly results people are posting. Its an answer/advice to whether the thread starter should retake based on her marks, including a poll, and peoples own results are tied in. I'd personally rather have this thread here too, instead of having to trail through one big thread.

But I guess all the mods think about is congestion on the board. Too many threads slowing it down. Fair point. However imo (for what it counts) this is more of requesting advice than strictly posting what their results were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orionmoo)
    Well its not exactly strictly results people are posting. Its an answer/advice to whether the thread starter should retake based on her marks, including a poll, and peoples own results are tied in. I'd personally rather have this thread here too, instead of having to trail through one big thread.

But I guess all the mods think about is congestion on the board. Too many threads slowing it down. Fair point. However imo (for what it counts) this is more of requesting advice than strictly posting what their results were.
    Dont be so quick to jump down my throat and insult what i do.
    I was referring to the people who HAD posted their results with the intent of just posting their results. If i wanted this thread to be gone it would've been. I realised the OP was asking for advice but some have hijacked it by posting their results. I have moved a lot of peoples individual posts today already.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If it's any consolation I got the same mark as the OP (86/100) in the C1 exam in January and I'm resitting it. I'm self-teaching A2 Maths (C3,C4,M1) and taking those exams in June, so there's much more potential for me to screw up in those than there was in C1, so achieving something closer to >95/100 in C1 would make it a lot safer... and I'll be peeved if I don't get >90/100 C2 and S1 too.

So yes, it's worth resitting. The £15 you spend on resitting is probably worth it if you think it'll bump up your overall grade (consider A2 in this too). It doesn't require much extra revision, and if you do crap in it you can keep your old grade, and in the end it's just more exam practice!

ReputationRep:
    i'd recommend you to concentrate on c2 in the summer and retake c1 in january next year, as your maths will improve over time, and you won't really need to do much revision for C1 by that time

ReputationRep:
    I got 91% in a mock paper, so if you got 86% in a real thing you should retake .

An advantage of the progressive nature of A Level maths means that C1 knowledge is assumed in C2, therefore there won't really need to revise for C1 if you resit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    After that exam, I'm grateful for a B - though I scraped it haha! The grade boundaries are up on AQA's site. 46/65 for an A, 40/65 for a B - again, I reckon you'll get an A! :p:

I feel more confident with programming so I'm hoping I do better when I resit CPT1 (definitely resitting) but I'm glad I've got a good foundation with a B already so it's not all bad - just makes my life more hectic this June. I've been told CPT1 is the hardest module at AS and CPT2 is so much more easier and CPT3 is easy if the coursework is good. Hope it all goes well for you this time round.
    mena im sure u did fine.

I got my CPT1 back today...did ok 91/105. Got my A.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. I'd say retake, as you can get near enough to 100%.

Having said, I find C2 easier than C1. So explains why I got 98 on that, as opposed to the 90 on C1 :rolleyes: So are a few marks really worth doing it again?

ReputationRep:
    And this is exactly why people say A-Levels are getting easier... People can retake one of the six papers from their A-Level because they dropped 14 marks.

ReputationRep:
    I took C1 and C2 last summer and got 74 and 76, I'm retaking them both this summer along with C3 and C4, they seem easier now after doing A2 work, it's up to you, if you think you can get more marks go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Redo it but only spend a couple of hours revising on the morning of the exam. I did that this January (sat it last June) and went up by a long way. Am going to do it again to try and give myself some extra UMS leeway because I suspect stats will not go well.

Stats is BORING!! :p:

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.