Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well i think it depends on the subject. A couple of posts before states that males are better at English but females better at maths (i think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    so then please explain for women who choose to not have kids?
    (i know its a bit far fetched but just for the sake of coming to a reasoned conclusion)
    Employers factor in having babies when considering people for jobs or promotions. If you've got a man and a woman who are equally well qualified, in all likeliehood the man is going to be picked as he isn't ever going to be in the position of forcing the employer to find maternity cover etc. The woman may not intend to have children, but there is still the biological possibility.

ReputationRep:
    guess thats true then

ReputationRep:
    women work harder while males slack of have fun play football and drink beer but the work in when needed....whos is really cleverer

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe i am posting in this thread but i want to point something out..

firstly, the OP is assuming being good at maths-which, yes, men do excel in due to their way of thinking, is a measure of intelligence- this is simply bull..and a fasle assumption.

Secondly, i believe, that through scientific reasearch, men and women have equal potential for intelligence, however through evolutionary adaption women have different areas they excel in, as do men..

neither sex is no more intelligent, they have the same potential- it's enviroment and brain structure that affects their intelligence

ReputationRep:
    so men are more naturally smarter, but women are very hard workers - is that what yoou're getting at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fradbo)
    Yup. We're just too hot! Lol
    u wouldnt b suggesting men arent hot?

ReputationRep:
    Define "smart".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    As the thread title suggets?

Is it biological or something else?

Do you think a woman should be educate?

But is it not a problem that the woman have a smaller brain than a man?

But the Kazakh government scientist, Dr. Yamak, have prove it is size of squirrel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madima)
    men are more intelligent; women just work hard. and, in terms of a-levels, working hard beats being intelligent FULL STOP.
    Well then, surely the women are more intelligent, if they realize they need to work hard in order to achieve, and they do so?

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I personally just think women give a damn, whereas men don't, moreso. Arguely the most intelligent class in my school mind (FM) was very well represented, two guys, and two girls! Granted the two guys (me included) did better though ha! One of the girls was way more caught up with her 38 year old boyfriend, typical, she obviously wasn't intelligent emotionally. Why go out with someone 20 years older than you!?!! Its insane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    okay scientists from last 30 years
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_scientists

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are actually entertaining the idea that women are smarter than men. You only have to look around you to see that that isn't the case. The computer i'm writing to you on was invited and made by men, the internet that this forum is hosted on was invited by men, and so were most things both invented and discovered now and in the past. If women are smarter than men they really haven't done an amazing job at showing it in the last 30 years. I'd say we're about equal, but men are more prone to the disorders that create genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeuceSevenOff)

Do you think a woman should be educate?

But is it not a problem that the woman have a smaller brain than a man?

But the Kazakh government scientist, Dr. Yamak, have prove it is size of squirrel.
    True. Large brains don't necessarily equal greater intelligence. It is believed that although men's brains are generally larger, female brains have more grey matter, which is responsible for intellect.

Of course, this doesn't prove anything.

'Intelligence' is hard to define.
    You may have a brilliant memory, for example, but are unable to put the information you have learnt to good use.

You may be clever academically, but socially, you may be completely inept (unable to follow another person's line of thought, feelings, conversation, etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmintyx)
    True. Large brains don't necessarily equal greater intelligence. It is believed that although men's brains are generally larger, female brains have more grey matter, which is responsible for intellect.

Of course, this doesn't prove anything.

'Intelligence' is hard to define.
    You may have a brilliant memory, for example, but are unable to put the information you have learnt to good use.

You may be clever academically, but socially, you may be completely inept (unable to follow another person's line of thought, feelings, conversation, etc).
    YESH, IS SIZE OF SQUIRREL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeuceSevenOff)
    YESH, IS SIZE OF SQUIRREL!
    Uh..yeah, I gathered.

*Pat*

ReputationRep:
    You definitely cannot judge women by looking at their GCSEs results, a-levels and that stuff.
    But I think that women, in general, are far more sensible than men.
    I don't whether more intelligent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Mary)
    You definitely cannot judge women by looking at their GCSEs results, a-levels and that stuff.
    But I think that women, in general, are far more sensible than men.
    I don't whether more intelligent...
    Wouldnt agree with that, I know loads of women who arent very sensible at all if at all.

ReputationRep:
    Women smarter than men?

GTFO

ReputationRep:
    THIS IS MY POINT - you couldnt name any off hand, how many of those scientists have you heard of before?

This is a male dominated subject - personally i think this will always be a male dominated subject - of course there will be very good females but as a whole this area is male dominated. No amount of money or funding will change that - this is something that men are good at just as women make good nurses, artists, linguists etc

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.