Turn on thread page Beta

How many hours of sleep do you need? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How many hours of sleep do you need to avoid feeling tired?
    4 Hours or less
    3.96%
    5 Hours
    6.93%
    6 Hours
    8.91%
    7 Hours
    14.36%
    8 Hours
    32.67%
    9 Hours
    18.81%
    10 Hours or more
    14.36%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    I don't know how much sleep I would need to not feel tired, because I haven't experienced that yet, but I need at least 8 to not feel terrible.
    :ditto:

and i feel crap if i sleep over 11/12 hours

ReputationRep:
    I wake up naturally after 9 hours, so I'd say that.

6 but I can function on 5 hours or less.

ReputationRep:
    Proably around 8.
    But during these Holidays i've slept for 11-12 hours occasionaly :confused:

I always feel worse if i have too much sleep

ReputationRep:
    Im 18 and for me not to feel all tired and sleepy i need at least 10 hours of good night sleep! i can sleep as long as 15-17 hours a day but the work i have to do to get em A levels done is inturpting my sleeping hours!!! in conclusion i sleep for about 8 hours, wake up in the morning feeling all tired and sleepy so wat i do ( which actually works) is actually a forgetten myth which is yes the old cold water in ur face gag!! i go and wash my face with cold water and it may take me about 5 mins so that it can make me feel all allert and active!! After that just go have a double expresso and ur all good!!!

ReputationRep:
    I like to get 8-9 hours. I can cope with 5.

ReputationRep:
    i can cope with 4-6
    8-9 is good

ReputationRep:
    4 hours during weeknights.

12 hours during weekends.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know how many hours of sleep I really need. I never get enough, so I'm always tired.

Usually not in bed until the early hours of the morning, take a long time to get to sleep and have to get up at 6/7am.....by 4/5pm I feel like I need a nap, but have work to do. Then get sucked into tv, internet, seeing friends etc and before I know it, its gone midnight. The cycle continues; not enough time to sleep properly, but manage to waste the time between 9-11pm [when I should go to sleep] on pointless things.

I prefer the night anyway. I feel more awake during it, even if I am tired. I think I'd do well on night shifts.

I'd like around 8-9 hours. I usually get around 4-5, and can live off 2hrs or less; with caffeine.

ReputationRep:
    If you have ten hours or more you will feel a lot more tired

ReputationRep:
    I do need a decnet amount. At uni I seem to have less sleep, so I'm always tired. And even the days where I have nothing, and I sleep in, I still feel tired.

Probably about 8 hours to feel my best. But I know I don't get that now!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I can't seem to get enough sleep, so I've learnt to cope with however much at all...

ReputationRep:
    i need about 8..

ReputationRep:
    i'm nearly 17 and i need at least 8 hours, but i try and get 9-10 if pos, otherwise by the end of the week i'm knackered!!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever I get it is never enough during term-time and I am dog tired all the time but as soon as we get to the holidays I'm wide awake at 6.15am with no hope of drifting off again... grumble grumble....

ReputationRep:
    I need at least 9 :|

Lovely distribution curve on the poll so far!

ReputationRep:
    I get by with 5.

Generally I prefer about 8.

ReputationRep:
    i think 8 is the best amount of sleep needed

ReputationRep:
    I love sleep! I could actually sleep 24 hours! lol, I normally need 8 hours otherwise, i am so tired, all my friends think i am such a geek cos i like sleep so much, but obv i can function on 5, but not very well!

ReputationRep:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.