Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I rarely remember my dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever had a conversation in a dream, and then actually start talking out loud?

I did that yesterday, woke myself up and was like o_0

ReputationRep:
    Last night I had a dream whereby someone was quizzing me about the Rangers FC lineup and formation and I was answering the Q's... in the morning I asked my bf one of the Q's and apparently I had answered correctly in my dream even though I'm not the best!!

Also, during my A levels, the night before a big exam I dreamt up revision-notes, and in the morning I had remembered them - things I hadn't read about for a while and latin-quotes I could involve in my renaissance part of the exam. I ended up getting an A on that exam and I'd be lying if I said I was confident to get an A before the dream. Woopppp - go brain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amm0)
    Anyone ever had a conversation in a dream, and then actually start talking out loud?

I did that yesterday, woke myself up and was like o_0
    I was once staying over at my cousins (5 of us were sharing a room) and I had this dream that this life improvement team who worked for a tv show came to my house to teach my mum how to cook. I was sat on my doorstep and my dad walked up to me with the camera crew, held out a plate of snails and said "try one of these snails, mum's spent all day cooking them" and I yelled "I DON'T WANT TO EAT A SNAIL!" out loud, woke myself up in the process, and my cousins were all like "wtf!?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizz*****)
    This has happened to me before, it's so confusing!

has anyone ever had a dream where they've been paralysed in it? I used to always have a dream (well a nightmare really) where I would wake up whilst on an operating table but be paralysed and not be able to do anything about it. Thankfully I haven't had it in a while!
    I also had a dying one. Can't remember the details, but I was totally aware that I was dying and just resigned myself to it. Another time I had a paralysis 'dream', only I wasn't dreaming; I was trying to sleep, but my eyes were open and I was thinking consciously. I couldn't move or snap out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I have vivid dreams a lot of the time. Well, more before but I could control them and stuff.

K so you know how supposedly if you die in your sleep you wake up just before you're about to, well I have actually been killed in one of my dreams. I can't remember how or anything, but I was vaguely aware of myself for a few seconds, then I remember not thoughts, but more a feeling that I was dead, then I started thinking omg I'm dead, then realised I couldn't be dead because I was thinking. Then I woke up.

ReputationRep:
    I had a vivid dream last night - it was to be perfectly frank, not a barrel of laughs.

I dreamt there were witch demons in my ceiling... and they kept throwing up sand all over the shop and were really ugly. Eventually we got rid of them, but then my parents were running around tell me that I had to leave really quickly, because their ghosts were haunting the house. I was runnin around like a headless chicken trying to get my classics books together but I couldn't find the last few - And then I woke up.

ReputationRep:
    I dream regularly but most of the time forget them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I rarely remember my dreams.

ReputationRep:
    I remember a few. Like being chased around by a big, huge red ball when they first brought out the Thunderball Lottery game...

I remember last night's, gotta vent this somewhere, it was horrible...

My (9 year old) sister and I had been made to stand on this big bench arrangement, like a choir would stand on, or a class for a school photo, but lots bigger.
    To the right, and out of sight, was an electric chair, and my dad was on there. All of a sudden it went dark and quiet, and then the electricity started *shudders*

After this I was at my nan's (totally different dream) and I was shut in the kitchen, cleaning. This is odd in itself... and then my nan came in, and I said "should I clean the fridge" (it looked particularly disgusting) and before I knew it she was shouting, crying, screaming at me, which was almost as frightening as hearing an electric chair kill my dad!

It was horrible I have since verified that my dad is alive and well =/ And if anyone could explain either of these I'd be very grateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    I remember a few. Like being chased around by a big, huge red ball when they first brought out the Thunderball Lottery game...

I remember last night's, gotta vent this somewhere, it was horrible...

My (9 year old) sister and I had been made to stand on this big bench arrangement, like a choir would stand on, or a class for a school photo, but lots bigger.
    To the right, and out of sight, was an electric chair, and my dad was on there. All of a sudden it went dark and quiet, and then the electricity started *shudders*

After this I was at my nan's (totally different dream) and I was shut in the kitchen, cleaning. This is odd in itself... and then my nan came in, and I said "should I clean the fridge" (it looked particularly disgusting) and before I knew it she was shouting, crying, screaming at me, which was almost as frightening as hearing an electric chair kill my dad!

It was horrible I have since verified that my dad is alive and well =/ And if anyone could explain either of these I'd be very grateful
    Yes, I'm a masterful dream interpretor and clairvoyant extraordinaire.

Dream A - At some point in your lives, you and your whole family shall die.

Dream B - Very soon from now you or someone you love will have a fridge that accumulates dirt.

ReputationRep:
    When I went back for easter, I had loads of cheese and beans on toast before I went to bed -

everytime I did it, I had a dream that night

pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    I don't dream at all. When I sleep, it's like being in a coma, I'm completely unconscious! I wish I did dream though, it must be interesting to have really vivid dreams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomm)
    I also had a dying one. Can't remember the details, but I was totally aware that I was dying and just resigned myself to it. Another time I had a paralysis 'dream', only I wasn't dreaming; I was trying to sleep, but my eyes were open and I was thinking consciously. I couldn't move or snap out of it.
    That second thing happens to a lot of people. It's called a false awakening and is where your brain is awake but the rest of you isn't, pretty much.
    You either have to wait it out, or go back to sleep :p:

ReputationRep:
    There was a period a few months ago where I had a crazy vivid dream almost every night for 2 or 3 weeks and I hate those false awakenings, quite creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark renton)
    I have some crazy really vivid ones recently, switching through about 4 different storylines in a night and i can remeber nearly all of them when i wake up. the funny thing is they tend to involve old friends from my schooldays who i dont see much rather than people who are on my mind a lot now

i wont go into the precise nature of the dream because suffice to say, a detailed explanation of others peoples dream is one of the most boring topics of conversation ever to a lot of people! :p:

but i had this really cool one last night which was like playing a really cool computer game, it was like a lucid dream, freaking amazing! i think it might be all the drugs im on tbh (trazodone, citalopram, prochlorperazine maleate)

does anyone else get really vivd dreams and have you identified any causes - from prescription drugs to the more obscure ones that we're never really sure are true like eating cheese/drinking cocoa before going to sleep ???????
    I dream every night and always remember my dreams. They're always vivid and quite real and feel almost like real memories sometimes.

When I was on citalopram, my dreams were even more vivid. A dog barking in my dream would shake me awake and I'd be scared ****less. I had a dream where I 'woke up' and this person was knocking on my window and then they went "What are you doing" like mouthing the words and then their face melted and they screamed and stuff. I have never had dreams that felt that real ever before. Citalopram is a ***** for that. I have vivid dreams anyway, too. God.

ReputationRep:
    I once had a dream when I was cycling on my bike, then I fell off and I woke up as my head flopped down onto the pillow.

I've had a varient of that dream several times since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    I dream every night and always remember my dreams. They're always vivid and quite real and feel almost like real memories sometimes.

When I was on citalopram, my dreams were even more vivid. A dog barking in my dream would shake me awake and I'd be scared ****less. I had a dream where I 'woke up' and this person was knocking on my window and then they went "What are you doing" like mouthing the words and then their face melted and they screamed and stuff. I have never had dreams that felt that real ever before. Citalopram is a ***** for that. I have vivid dreams anyway, too. God.
    i get the waking up thing too, like 'dreams within dreams', i get that all the time! :eek:

i used to get sleep paralysis quite badly too but since being on meds thats one thing thats actually stopped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark renton)
    i get the waking up thing too, like 'dreams within dreams', i get that all the time! :eek:

i used to get sleep paralysis quite badly too but since being on meds thats one thing thats actually stopped!
    I've never had sleep paralysis.

Anyway, are you a heavy sleeper?? If you are, want some ways to make your dreams rock??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    I've never had sleep paralysis.

Anyway, are you a heavy sleeper?? If you are, want some ways to make your dreams rock??
    ooooh sounds good,yep i think im a fairly heavy sleeper, go on lol....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.