Turn on thread page Beta

how do i stop being annoyed about the past? watch

Announcements

yeah he would have done suek.
    but i cant help thinking that if i gave him more freedom and trust from the start then we could been happy with both

why would he keep me if he didnt want to b with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but i cant help thinking that if i gave him more freedom and trust from the start then we could been happy with both
    He undoubtedly would've just been having his cake and eating it, then. Fooling around with girls at uni and the security/convenience of you at home. The way he's acted I'd be surprised if he hadn't been anyway.

why would he keep me if he didnt want to b with me
    Harsh times inc............

For convenient/guaranteed sex?

ReputationRep:
    He was in a different town/city at university, how much more freedom could you have given him?!

He was looking for an exit, he wanted to be able to go through university and do what he wanted guilt-free.

He's not worth the thoughts you're having.

wow that was all really horrible to hear...

so how am i susposed to just let go and not be bothered byt the fact that the guy who i was with for 2 years of my life only wanted me for sex

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sorry, can't be nice to hear it.

And, I don't know. Cut him out of your life and give yourself time. It's not an easy fix and it isn't painless. As you've said before in the thread, all this was only 4 months ago and you were with him for 2 years.
    There's no way you "won't be bothered" but you can find someone/thing else that you will be bothered about.

ReputationRep:
    so how am i susposed to just let go and not be bothered byt the fact that the guy who i was with for 2 years of my life only wanted me for sex
    We don't know the guy

But it sounds like, near the end, university changed him. Maybe he didn't have the willpower to cope with the distance. Maybe he didn't have the guts to break up with you properly. It SOUNDS like he wanted to be "single" at uni and either strung you along for sex or because he was too much of a coward, then made a big deal out of whatever he could (I seriously doubt it was you who changed that much when HE went to uni?) to make you feel bad, and finally he had "reason" to break up with you.

ReputationRep:
    I may sound harsh but moving on may be the only way. About a year ago i really liked a guy who totally messed me about, and to this day really i can say i'm mad at him when i wasn't at the time and now we don't speak. Things have got better with time though and i forgot about him. Best thing to do is concentrate on the good things you have at moment

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes feelings just move on and us people on the receiving end have to accept that maybe we're just not what that person is looking for right now. It does not mean that there is anything wrong with you at all. However, the manner he did this to you is not on! There are a lot of cowards out there; you know why he couldn't dump you to your face? Because he knew he was in the wrong. I know it's hard, but when he's treating you like this he should be the one crawling back to you. Maybe you're viewing him through rose-tinted glasses?

i dunno, he didnt plan to dump me over the phone we just ended up gettin in an argument and he dumped me then. he dumped me the week before in person but changed his mind after like half an hour and said he didnt mean it and was really sweet to me after that for a few hours until i went home. then we were ok for a week.
    we also went on a few breaks in december time.
    im thinkin maybe he didnt want to come and do it to my face as well because he didnt want to spend the money on travel and when i asked him to go over to c him to talk about it he said no, were over deal with it. i think its because he'd feel guilty about me travelling all the way there (an hour and a half away) because he thought he wouldnt change his mind.
    yah ur probably right though, my thoughts are clouded because i still have feelings for me and i remember all the times he was there for me and all the sweets things hes done for me in the past. (90% of them before he went to uni).
    2 years is a long time, we would spend all our time together before he went to uni then i only saw him 4 days a month. i didnt even look at other guys. he was rly important to me.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you are finding the LDR thing a little difficult, especially if you've broken up a few times before? However I think the travel problem is a ridiculous excuse. Nobody deserves to be dumped this way, regardless of circumstance. Yes, there probably were a lot of good times between you, but you can't let those over ride that he has wronged you recently. I would leave him alone for a while. It will be hard but try to concentrate on other things. If he attempts to make amends, then fine, good luck if you can make it work, it may bring you closer together. If not, you deserve better, and it will take a long time, but you'll find someone worth 300000 times what this guy is!!

It is also interesting that you use the past tense...

ive been thinking alot today and im just annoyed at him now.
    i was chattin to a guy at work today and hopefully will meet up with him :-)
    my ex was an arse and i hate him for doing this after 2 years of us being together.
    i wont b seeing him again anyway, he got in an argument last time we were together a few weeks ago and he told me to never talk to him again and get out his life. and stupid me ended up apoligisng to him saying im sorry and i care for him and stuff...

i hope one day he realises how out of order he was and apoligise to me, and maybe want me back. but even if he does, hes gonna have to try really really hard to get me to, and even then, i dont think i'll want him by the time he does.

ReputationRep:
    That's good. I'm glad you've been able to put it behind you as well as you have.

Hope it goes well with the new guy!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.