Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure it was average fixed cost and i remember my calculation of 10,000/1000 which gave £10. TFC in my opinion would have been too much of an easy question as there would have been no calculations involved.

ReputationRep:
    ye ye, i agree Mashud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJB)
    the AFC one is 10.
    fixed costs do not vary with output
    AFC = TFC / Q
    TFC was 10000, Q was 1000.
    10000/1000 = 10.

the one with the TR and TC curves : Q3 was revenue max as it was at the top of the TR curve. the conditions of revenue max is MR=0. As MR is the gradient of TR, at its height, MR=0. also an annotation on the diagram would work.

the hardest question was the RPI+K one. that was very odd. i think i got all the points down but the answer wrong. it's usually RPI-X which is more manageable.

i did the banking question thing, everything was quite straightforward.

with regards to unit 5, i did a ridiculous amount of evaluation....
    i did the second one, again everything relatively straightforward... a bit weird with the jobseekers' incentives question for flat taxes but, yeah.... the monopsonies question really wasn't as hard as i thought some people were saying it was..
    I put revenue max, I thought it was Q4 though?

What did everyone say about the perfection competition q? I said it was operating where marigal profit was 0

ReputationRep:
    For the last question on contestability of gum markets, I said it WASN'T very contestable because advertising was such a huge sunk cost. I only said it was contestable for niche markets. Kind of crap, I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    Explain the implication of abnormal profits by the manufacturers on the consumer (5 Marks)
    Oh crap. Is that what the question asked???? I thought it was asking you to talk about the effects of supernormal profits and how they affect the consumer.

Oh crap, 5 marks I'll never see again.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, what I wrote is that they might spend that profit on R&D. And I evaluated by saying that they probably wouldn't, as there was no incentive to. What did everyone else put?

ReputationRep:
    Someone, anyone? I'm really scared now.

ReputationRep:
    ye Epitomessence, i put the same thing that: (i) consumer welfare would indeed be adversely affected by abnormal profits however the abnormal profit could be spent on R&D to improve products however, it is likely that they wont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mashud)
    Im pretty sure it was average fixed cost and i remember my calculation of 10,000/1000 which gave £10. TFC in my opinion would have been too much of an easy question as there would have been no calculations involved.
    again i thought it was asking for just TFC not AFC it did refer to some AVC but i think they wanted TFC, im not sure though.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.