Turn on thread page Beta

The 'how good is your school' thread. watch

ReputationRep:
    Watford Grammar Sch for Girls Herts 916.7 187 1001.5 97 94 97

i dont even understand what that means :P

we're second in herts, idk, we're the school all the non-privates around watford want to to go. i find that amusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by house sparrows)
    my sixth form college is consistently in the top 8 and is regularly number 1 for government and politics a level excluding public schools
    we were number one in 2003 i think.
    the certificate is proudly sported outside one of the economics rooms. haha!

ReputationRep:
    Hollygirt Sch (i) Nottingham 0 38 0 79 88 92

My sixth form isn't on there for some unknow reason.

ReputationRep:
    this makes me sound ignorant but i though most schools had over 80% gcse scores... what the hell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    this makes me sound ignorant but i though most schools had over 80% gcse scores... what the hell?
    I think it is because they are judging it on A*-C including English and Maths.

My high school got 71% 5 A*-C in general but only 61% if those 5 A*-Cs included Maths and English. They also got 100% 5 A*-G if that is what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    we've always had it drummed into us that we're n the top 25 in the country. i always knew they wasn't as good as what they made themselves out to be. 688 ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    A - levels 636.7
    Number of 15 year olds 123
    1003.1 CVA
    Science 52
    06 - 41 GCSEs incl. english and maths.
    07- 47

ghoor my school's good

ReputationRep:
    My school: 1001.5 92 93 97

ReputationRep:
    They really don't. Even discounting english and maths many schools do not get 80% 5 A* - C...

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it look better if you got, say AAAB (at A level), or like 3 A*s 4 As 3Bs (GCSE) at a rubbish school than at one of the top schools?

ReputationRep:
    My school generally gets near enough 100% A*-C.

Yeah, I think it would look better having really good grades coming from a not so good school compared to good grades in a good school.

ReputationRep:
    Results: 0

Non existent. according to this thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calley)
    My school generally gets near enough 100% A*-C.

Yeah, I think it would look better having really good grades coming from a not so good school compared to good grades in a good school.
    Really good grades would look better than good grades regardless of schools, though.

ReputationRep:
    This is my old school:

Colyton Grammar Sch Devon 1271.9 108 1021.6 100 100 100

But cannot find my college on this. However, I have found it on the BBC website- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...alevel_lea.stm

ReputationRep:
    The Wood roffe school 825 174 997.9 68 61 58

ReputationRep:
    666 156 994.3 56 41 48

The A level point score is 666 :O

ReputationRep:
    South Wilts Grammar School for Girls 940.4 120 1005.4 97 100 100

So pretty good then.

Oooh, I like the number 666.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogal)
    South Wilts Grammar School for Girls 940.4 120 1005.4 97 100 100

So pretty good then.

Oooh, I like the number 666.
    That has just cheered me up. My school average A Level point is 943 and it isn't a Grammar school. Maybe it is better than I thought lol. Although I know it is nothing compared to some of the A Level averages - some of them are just plain scary because they are so high.

Of course, all the grammar schools on the list blow it out of the water GCSE wise. But you can't have everything lol.

=D

ReputationRep:
    Watford Grammar Sch for Girls Herts 916.7 187 1001.5 97 94 97

i dont even understand what that means :P

we're second in herts, idk, we're the school all the non-privates around watford want to to go. i find that amusing.
    What makes you say that? My school is private & everyone sees Watford as an amazing school. I really wanted to go there for 6th form but I didn't get in.

ReputationRep:
    We're not there cos we don't do GCSEs.
    But apparently we are the sixth best non-private school in Scotland (we used to be third best- slipping! lol)
    You'd think that would earn us actual buildings rather than twenty year old portacabins, but no, it doesn't.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.