Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    ******ing hell this just made me angry. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE FOR A GUY TRYING TO GET A G/F OR SOMEONE TO HAVE SEX WITH.....AS A GIRL YOU JUST WAIT FOR GUYS TO HIT ON YOU, GUYS HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. DO NOT CALL THIS PERSON SAD COS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE ON ABOUT. "BE YOURSELF" DOES NOT WORK IN MANY CASES. BACK THE HELL OFF.

To the OP, yes I have and its good, but there's better stuff out there. Try reading Wayne Elise ('Juggler')'s ebook....its really good and doesn't involve anything scripted or fake. Its awesome.

You are not sad in any way. The fact that you can admit you have a problem and are actively taking steps to improve it shows maturity and dynamism. The stupid cow who made the post I quoted has NO clue what she is on about. I do. Trust me on this. Ignore ppl like that they will only hold you back.
    exactly, precisely and absolutely 100% correct.

as for the stronger guys getting all the girls, pfffff, thats the biggest myth going. guys that get the girls are the extroverted ones who are sociable, likable, can make people laugh, and are always happy for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone for forums for stuff where people organise meet ups and stuff on forums because basically all my friends arent up for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjenkinsy)
    In his defense I have to say, the amount of time my female friends have complained about not getting "good quality guys" and then gone off with mr "bad boy" shows that what people want and what they are attracted to are completely different matters.
    Said like a true parrot.

Have you ever had a friend who treated you badly? Relative perhaps? They treat you horribly a bunch of the time, but sometimes they're really cool people, so you end up bearing the bull**** they give you because you're waiting for that next 'high' in terms of them being nice to you.

If you can comprehend that concept then good job, you've just solved the riddle as to why girls go for bad boys. They bear the crap because of the moments of awesome. It's the exact same vein as a drug addiction.

Are they attracted to the abuse? No. They're attracted to those rare moments where that guy stops acting like a douche and is suddenly a 'good guy'. For you see, 'good guy' isn't necessarily synonymous with 'whiny guy with tons of emotional baggage'. A 'good guy' can just be a centred, cool guy who can protect her and make her feel loved. Which is one thing that most 'nice guys' can't do, as they're too busy feeling sorry for themselves.

These are the problems I'm talking about that are beyond the guys comprehension. Most guys fall into either one of those catagories. They can be awesome but abusive, or whiny, needy and sensitive. Awesome and sensitive is a very rare combination, and that's what my friends complain about. They end up going for the only one of the two types which is attractive, hence the archetypal nice guy/douche dichotomy going on in modern society.

What 'game' is trying to tell you to do, is to be the 'badboy' only without the emotional abuse. Then you can be the good guy that's attractive, as opposed to the good guy who sits with his **** in his hands while the girl he's obsessed with gets her heart broken time after time by the same guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truce)
    Said like a true parrot.

Have you ever had a friend who treated you badly? Relative perhaps? They treat you horribly a bunch of the time, but sometimes they're really cool people, so you end up bearing the bull**** they give you because you're waiting for that next 'high' in terms of them being nice to you.

If you can comprehend that concept then good job, you've just solved the riddle as to why girls go for bad boys. They bear the crap because of the moments of awesome. It's the exact same vein as a drug addiction.

Are they attracted to the abuse? No. They're attracted to those rare moments where that guy stops acting like a douche and is suddenly a 'good guy'. For you see, 'good guy' isn't necessarily synonymous with 'whiny guy with tons of emotional baggage'. A 'good guy' can just be a centred, cool guy who can protect her and make her feel loved. Which is one thing that most 'nice guys' can't do, as they're too busy feeling sorry for themselves.

These are the problems I'm talking about that are beyond the guys comprehension. Most guys fall into either one of those catagories. They can be awesome but abusive, or whiny, needy and sensitive. Awesome and sensitive is a very rare combination, and that's what my friends complain about. They end up going for the only one of the two types which is attractive, hence the archetypal nice guy/douche dichotomy going on in modern society.

What 'game' is trying to tell you to do, is to be the 'badboy' only without the emotional abuse. Then you can be the good guy that's attractive, as opposed to the good guy who sits with his **** in his hands while the girl he's obsessed with gets her heart broken time after time by the same guy.
    Haha Truce, Did you not read what i said earilier "I have not read this book", so the parrot insult wasn't needed.

You make some very good points, I have to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truce)
    Said like a true parrot.

QFT. Pay attention, people.

(Original post by waggledance)
    QFT. Pay attention, people.
    Girls like bad guys to satisfy their own egos, they want to believe that they can 'change' them for the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Girls like bad guys to satisfy their own egos, they want to believe that they can 'change' them for the better.
    This is the oldest cliche in the book. Girls aren't attracted to bad boys just because they want the challenge of trying to tame them.

Bad boys have plenty of qualities that are genuinely attractive - these are what catch the girl's eye in the first place (and perhaps convince them that the guy is even worth the bother of changing).

ReputationRep:
    The passion that the blokes who have read / used this book put into defending it and justifying themselves makes me roflmao. . Fact is ladies, if you didn't on some level think yourselves "damn, maybe this is a bit sad" you wouldn't feel the need to get so hot under the collar about validating it. Heh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    ******ing hell this just made me angry. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE FOR A GUY TRYING TO GET A G/F OR SOMEONE TO HAVE SEX WITH.....AS A GIRL YOU JUST WAIT FOR GUYS TO HIT ON YOU, GUYS HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. DO NOT CALL THIS PERSON SAD COS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE ON ABOUT. "BE YOURSELF" DOES NOT WORK IN MANY CASES. BACK THE HELL OFF.

To the OP, yes I have and its good, but there's better stuff out there. Try reading Wayne Elise ('Juggler')'s ebook....its really good and doesn't involve anything scripted or fake. Its awesome.

You are not sad in any way. The fact that you can admit you have a problem and are actively taking steps to improve it shows maturity and dynamism. The stupid cow who made the post I quoted has NO clue what she is on about. I do. Trust me on this. Ignore ppl like that they will only hold you back.

ahahahahhahaha

temper temper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    Oh, the PUA discussion again. Just because these people don't share the same opinion of those books as us, doesn't mean you need to attack them, she might be ignorant, but to call them a stupid cow because their opinion is different isn't really called for.

To the OP, it just seems you need to work on your confidence. You sound like have everything else, just go up to a group and start talking to them, be yourself and don't see it as a make or break situation, because it isn't.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjenkinsy)
    Haha Truce, Did you not read what i said earilier "I have not read this book", so the parrot insult wasn't needed.

You make some never good points, I have to say.
    What you said is EXACTLY what people who have just learned all this 'pick up theory' turn around and spout out.

It gets irritating.

So sorry if I was too quick to jump to that conclusion, I guess I just don't like the fact that this whole pickup scene is creating an army of robots who all say exactly the same thing. Even down to how they defend and justify it.

So I guess to sum up my opinion on this whole matter; I'm a big fan of self improvement, just not this pile of arse that's making Neil Strauss rich and a ton of guys into something messed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truce)
    Said like a true parrot.

Gotta remember that partial reinforcement is very powerful too. The rat pushes the lever much more when the food comes randomly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truce)
    What you said is EXACTLY what people who have just learned all this 'pick up theory' turn around and spout out.

It gets irritating.

So sorry if I was too quick to jump to that conclusion, I guess I just don't like the fact that this whole pickup scene is creating an army of robots who all say exactly the same thing. Even down to how they defend and justify it.

So I guess to sum up my opinion on this whole matter; I'm a big fan of self improvement, just not this pile of arse that's making Neil Strauss rich and a ton of guys into something messed up.

I agree, but keep an open mind about it all.

ReputationRep:
    I just lost the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    I just lost the game
    Damn you, I hadn't made that connection yet :p:.

16 days .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truce)
    Damn you, I hadn't made that connection yet :p:.

16 days .
    lol I know.

Well annoying! :p:

ReputationRep:
    finally some people who understand me....I was well through a month aswell!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok first things first, using a book to help build your confidence wont help you too much, because those same books are written for the "average guy" and unfortunately not many books can agree to this typeset. However least its a step in the right direction in that your trying to build your confidence

Secondly you wont get confidence doing something you dont feel comfortable with, as many people will see through this. Doing something your comfortable and confident with, and jus expanding on it a bit is a good way to start buildin your confidence.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.