Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Id have to dump her cus we ent slept together yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    why lol? does continuting your genetic line mean that much to you? would you never adopt either?
    I'm sorry, but i'm not bringing up someone elses kid, especially not if they've been shagging my girlfriend to get that kid. End of.

And if it means upsetting her to make damn sure that it's not some other pricks child that i'm going to be looking after. Then i'm going to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Feed her a tapeworm and hope it takes a left at the 'Y'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    I'm sorry, but i'm not bringing up someone elses kid, especially not if they've been shagging my girlfriend to get that kid. End of.

And if it means upsetting her to make damn sure that it's not some other pricks child that i'm going to be looking after. Then i'm going to do it.
    lol im sure she'd be better off without you anyway!

ReputationRep:
    lol im sure she'd be better off without you anyway!
    I'm sure she would too if she took offence to me making 100% certain about something thats going to change both of our lives forever. She'd be too immature for me to be with if she did. Life changing events shouldnt be pussyfooted around.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure she would too if she took offence to me making 100% certain about something thats going to change both of our lives forever. She'd be too immature for me to be with if she did. Life changing events shouldnt be pussyfooted around.
    but why would you think it wasnt yours
    you might as well just go ask her if shes been cheating

how is it immature to be upset that your boyfriend would insinuate that you have been unfaithful? if you suspect that your girlfriend is unfaithful then you should do something about it before. but if your constantly asking her if shes been faithful dont expect her to stick around for long! its like you move in together and you have to ask her - have you been sleeping with anyone else.

to say something like that when shes just admitted to you that she is pregnant is not very tactful!

if anything this attitude is immature: 'I'm sorry, but i'm not bringing up someone elses kid'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yhsa)
    Why is it her decision ultimately? I know it is, but why should it necessarily be?
    Because, in the end, she would b the primary carer for the child for at up to a year after the birth, plus the nine months she would have to spend carrying the child. It would impact upon her life more heavily than it would mine. Of course, I'd want her to let me have a say in the decision, but ultimately it is hers and I would support her no matter what she chooses.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be in shock, for quite a while as well. Then I would go from there, probably try to get her an abortion, as I see myself as far too young for a child. To be honest, I simply don't know.

ReputationRep:
    If I loved her, I'd be happy.

If I wasn't so certain, I'd be devastated.

Either way I'd be in shock, that's for certain. Assuming it was mine, I'd stick around and help raise the child of course. No use having her be the only one pay for a shared mistake .

ReputationRep:
    but why would you think it wasnt yours
    you might as well just go ask her if shes been cheating

Because you've been having protected sex and now she's pregnant?

how is it immature to be upset that your boyfriend would insinuate that you have been unfaithful? if you suspect that your girlfriend is unfaithful then you should do something about it before. but if your constantly asking her if shes been faithful dont expect her to stick around for long! its like you move in together and you have to ask her - have you been sleeping with anyone else.

How is it immature to make sure that something that your going to love is actually yours?

I'm not stupid, i know how to have a girlfriend and i'm not going to check up on her once a week to make sure she's been faithful. But if your girlfriend turns up and says "i'm pregnant" and you've been using the pill/condoms and she hasnt said she's missed one. Then what the hell else are you going to think?

to say something like that when shes just admitted to you that she is pregnant is not very tactful!

A child is more important than tact.

if anything this attitude is immature: 'I'm sorry, but i'm not bringing up someone elses kid'

Well, i'm not going to bring up someone elses kid. If my girlfriend who i trusted has slept with someone else and then decides to give birth to there child, she can look after herself as i'm not having anything to do with a cheat.

If anything this attitude is immature: "I can't answer a simple question to put my boyfriends mind at ease"

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem is that you would assume that your girlfriend cheated rather than assume that contraception had field. this in my opinion is a warped point of view that isnt conducive of a stable relationship in my opinon. and that this is made worse by you being so uncaring in your phrasing.

might 'but how? I thought we'd been so careful?' and then comforting her and talking be better than.

Is it mine?

also it is not so much to do with the fact that the child isnt yours as that your girlfriend would have cheated on you if it wasnt yours. ie. that if you were infertile and you and your partner adopted would you still feel the same?

p.s. i never said it was immature o make sure that something that your going to love is actually yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic_x)
    If your girlfriend told you she was pregnant, or may be pregnant what would you do?

No silly comments please!
    The first thing I'd do is walk out the front door to get some fresh air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Because, in the end, she would b the primary carer for the child for at up to a year after the birth, plus the nine months she would have to spend carrying the child. It would impact upon her life more heavily than it would mine. Of course, I'd want her to let me have a say in the decision, but ultimately it is hers and I would support her no matter what she chooses.
    Hmm I'm not sure myself. I don't think the current system is entirely fair where the mother has all the say in the matter - after all the responsibility and the "blame" is shared equally. While it's true that the mother would have to carry the child, the decision of the father shouldn't be ignored so quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make her get an abortion.

I'm only 17 going on 18, im not being a dad and no gf of mine should ruin their life early in being a mum.

It's harsh but its a truth!

ReputationRep:
    Someone just gave me neg. rep for stating my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    this is probably going to get people annoyed but i think some of the responses some people have actually given are very immature. Alot of the emphasis of these posts seem to be blaming the girl, who is ruining "my life" - isn't is "our life". If you think you're mature enough to have sex you have to be prepared for the consequences as no contraception is 100% effective. A couple of months ago I was a couple of weeks later and me and my boyfriend got really worried, I decided that if it happened the pregnancy couldnt continue as it was too early in the relationship and he fully supported me on what I thought was best as its my body. After we found out it was a scare he told me he would have wanted to keep it as we will prob have kids in the future anyway although it was my choice completely. You cannot tell someone to have an abortion no matter how a baby may mess up your current life.

As for all the "I'd ask if it was mine", should you really be in long term relationship with someone with whom there is even a seed of doubt.

Sorry if this reply annoyed anyone, after reading the thread I felt I should respond.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough to n12345.

I know it's their body and I personally did say ruining both our lives, but im not the kind of person who can give in that responsibility and this age. Selfish perhaps but if I did there would be resent for the child at the lost life that I could have gone on and lived my own dreams etc.

But thats the point of threads like these. Opinions!

ReputationRep:
    one word: A-B-O-R-T-I-O-N

ReputationRep:
    cry

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately, I'd have to support her decision. Adoption, keep it, or abort it. On abortion, I'd be plagued for the rest of my life by the "What if's". What if my son or daughter had lived? It's strange...many people (typically Christians) would have abortions outlawed and punishable by life in prison...until it's their own daughter and her inconvenient pregnancy. I'm the opposite, I'll support some other couple's right to abort, but I'd be crushed if it was my child getting the black bottle...so to speak.

If she chose to keep the baby, I'd give her a kiss, and then ask "Now what?" My mother would hate me forever. The fact that her 18 year old son can have sex would be traumatizing enough, barring her impending new title of "Grandmother."

I'm to chivalrous to abandon my kid and his/her mother. Then again, I am too chivalrous not to use protection in the first place. No orgasm without a condom and/or the pill is worth 216 monthly child support payments.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.