Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Ye they do. Girls have a period and run off to the toilet and cheat its a well known thing happens all the time

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I had a terrible period day during one of my AS Level exams. I couldn't concentrate on anything, I was sllightly feverish, seized by cramps and I felt like throwing up. This is a fairly normal occurrence during my period, but really bad timing. I didn't do very well on that paper.. I was just feeling so utterly *****.

ReputationRep:
    I usually get really moody and I find it hard to concentrate when I'm having PMS but most of my friends are fine. I'm still trying to find a way to deal with this I guess, I blew my yearlys last week because of it

Guys are slated for being less intelligent than girls, and girls have 'women troubles'.

We got given a defunct brain, and they were given ovaries. Swings and roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone has it hard during exams. Each person may be different with coping with exam stress. I, myself, is particulary stressful when its a day of an exam. Whether i have my 'women troubles' or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Girls are generally used to periods so it doesn't make it harder as such, but it can be a bloomin' nuisance if you get a bad period during your exams. I came on really heavily on the morning of my English Language GCSE and could feel it getting worse as I sat there. By the time the exam had ended I'd flooded and I had to wait for everyone to leave the hall before I could stand up. I was absolutely mortified and it was horrible.
    Oh no, you poor thing.

ReputationRep:
    Girls on average do better in exams than boys.

So clearly they don't have it harder.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder - can we get 'special consideration' if we are seized by really bad period pains or other symptoms during exams?

ReputationRep:
    NO WAY! Exams being sat in the summer puts guys at a disadvantage. You know us guys are easily distracted. The girls walking around showing flesh and smelling fine - my concentration just goes out the window and my mind is everywhere else but revision.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think it is harder for girls than boys but I do understand that for some girls the pain is pretty bad, which makes concentration hard. Plus (not to be graphic about it but lol) if a girl is on quite heavily and then has like a 3 hour exam then I can imagine that is quite uncomfortable and they might be stressing about it rather than the exam itself.

I guess though really, girls have always had periods and they have always taken exams over a 3+ week session so no doubt many girls have had to do exams when they are on and they have managed.

I think it just depends on the individual circumstances as to whether it would make things harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Not all girls are on their period during their exams so I'd say the thread topic is pretty pointless really.
    Quite a few girls take the pill nowadays and thus have the option of avoiding their period if they wish. If not, then we're used to dealing with it anyway, though it can make life a bit harder sometimes its not exactly a big deal.
    Nothing that a few painkillers and some chocolate can't fix anyway.
    the comment in bold is ****- the exams last over a month, so for most girls, they will get a period at some point. Or two if they're unlucky (like me). this thread is really infuriating. must be that PMS+ exam stress. if you ask me, that's got to be the killer.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how bad they are, really.
    It would be nice to not have any over the exam period but unless they're really painful it shouldn't give much of a disadvantage.
    I had the most horrendous cramps the day before my maths exam but I lived off ibruprofen for twenty-fours and was just about ok on the actual day

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually on the pill and I'm going to have to use it to stop mine coming for my Hamlet exam :P

I don't know, I don't think it's really that much of an issue unless it starts during an exam like someone said.

I'm one of the ones that get debilitating pain though, like I will literally pass out when it comes on from the pain... it's pretty nasty.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think girls should be allowed to do exams since they have the possibility of cheating when they have their period, its scandalous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    Can girls not just wear tampons?
    That doesn't stop you feeling like you're being stabbed sometimes lol

ReputationRep:
    Can girls not just wear tampons?
    They can, yes, but that generally doesn't ease pain and there's nothing to stop them leaking, either :p:
    My periods can be so heavy that they can get through a super absorbant tampon in a couple of hours - and A-Level exams can easily last that long

Luckily for me I'm on the pill, so can manipulate to suit my schedule. I think that's the only solution, OP, if girls don't want to be affected by heavy/painful periods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 122025278)
    I don't think girls should be allowed to do exams since they have the possibility of cheating when they have their period, its scandalous
    Random. How could they cheat?

ReputationRep:
    That was a joke, yeah i agree girls do have it harder, and they get better results than boys as well... girls rule.
    :P: sarcasm is great

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl and how bad her periods are. Personally, it doesn't really make a difference - it's a fact of life, just get on with it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.