Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    None of these subjects are on the universities blacklists so doesn't really matter.
    But from what i understand sociology is easiest, then economics, then philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    I think Sociology is probably least respected out of the 3, but it's not easy!! It is a relatively new subject so hopefully it will gain more respect

But like other people have said, none are black listed, so if you are deciding which to do then choose which one you think you will enjoy most.

ReputationRep:
    How about looking at the ALIS system?

Surprised to see that Government and Politics is not generally respected by Trinity

ReputationRep:
    sociology is not the softest subject at all, to be honest it is quite hard to remember what all the different people said.
    also the subjects like suicide is quite difficult to study.

ReputationRep:
    Not being rude at all, but if you don't take economics, sociology and phil then you can't say their soft, because u dont know nothing of them, simple as. AND dont give me this crap about "oh my friend told me", or "oh they just sound easy", because its a load of crock

ReputationRep:
    i take sociology and don't find it that easy, you have to remember so much information, especially with my last exam i have to remember everything i have learnt over the two years of studying it.
    and like i said before parts of the course are hard to learn about especially if the subject like suicide is not one that you want to know about.

ReputationRep:
    Dont do electronics if the teacher was good at the subject they are teaching then they are unlikley to be at school teaching as they can earn a hell of a lot more elsewhere so unless u know the teaching is good dont take it. I made the mistake of not cheking and it made it a lot harder to do the subject!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that philosphy isn't really that easy, but sociolgy is pretty easy because it's sort of just erm.. common sense? Because everything you learn about in the sylabus's is around you.. If that makes any sense.. But.. regarding whether it's a good subject to take, I would say it depends what career you want to go into, because i'm taking.. sociology, psychology, health & social and english literature - because I want to be a in the social sector of careers

ReputationRep:
    media studies. Laughably easy, I only had to revise the night before.

Saying that though, if I don't get a B i'm going to be so embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    Sociology. Philosophy and then Economics. What i've heard is that both Economics and Philosophy are both very difficult subjects in comparison to Sociology.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.