Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Transition Metals is the best IMO because literally half of it is already covered in Trends and patterns!

ReputationRep:
    The main issue with MAD is that there's so much disagreement on the topics that if you get 2 of the same question, but the mark schemes are COMPLETELY different and relentless to the other answer...

ReputationRep:
    MAD is way harder than TRAP

Anyone know how you would draw the dot and cross of Na2O?

It's the 2 after the Na that is causing me problems

ReputationRep:
    aa

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely okay with this unit until it gets to memorising the colours of random chemicals. I remember that thiocyanate ions turn Fe3+ blood red and hydroxide ions turn Fe3+ brown-orange but that's literally it. If it's something to do with copper I'd hazard a guess at blue, I think that might have been for like hydroxide ligands or something.

ReputationRep:
    for Na2O I would draw Na with a full eight crosses in its outer shell and enclose it in a bracket with a 2 in front of it and a + charge then an O with six dots and two crosses in its outer shell with a bracket and 2- charge.

EDIT: rather crude diagram of what I would have done...

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone!

:party:

*cough* learn why TM metals form coloured compounds [6 marks] *cough*

ReputationRep:
    The exam has ended!!!! What did you think of it??

(Original post by *The One)
    The exam has ended!!!! What did you think of it??
    Hated it !!!

Transition elements on the other hand was ok =) Essay question was a pain. Got the reaction mixed up (no wonder it wouldn't balance :rolleyes: ) Got 80.01% for last question

ReputationRep:
    TP was dead easy

MAD was alright, couldn't find the exactly formula of the unknown though : (

(Original post by JamesHo)
    TP was dead easy

I felt trends was hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Conda)
    It was alright, essay question was a pain. Got the reaction mixed up (no wonder it wouldn't balance :rolleyes: ) Got 80.01% for last question
    Last question, I didn't think there was a calculation for the last question in trends and patterns? Although there was a % purity bit where i got 76. something %.

Last question, I didn't think there was a calculation for the last question in trends and patterns? Although there was a % purity bit where i got 76. something %.
    I was on about Transtition elements option module woops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesHo)
    TP was dead easy

What did you get for the % purity thing, and which was in excess KOH or the other one, I put KOH....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Conda)
    I was on about Transtition elements option module woops
    Oh ok I did biochemistry you gave me a fright there! I think the grade boundaries will be raised as most people though T and P was easier than normal.

ReputationRep:
    Was well easy and biochemistry was like money in the bank :rofl:
    Definetly getting my B/A in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    Was well easy and biochemistry was like money in the bank :rofl:
    Definetly getting my B/A in chemistry
    Out of interest what did you get for the % purity thing in T and P, and which did you say was in excess the KOH or the other thing?

ReputationRep:
    Aha, absolutely killed this! Would not be surprised if I got full marks. Transition Elements on the other hand, not so much. At most, 14 marks down the drain, what a pity.

whar did you get for the potassium (IV) ferrate ion

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest what did you get for the % purity thing in T and P, and which did you say was in excess the KOH or the other thing?
    Hmm this is where i think i lost marks but i got i think 38.5%
    And Fe_2O_3 in excess

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.