Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At night ended up on the wrong side of the road on a duel carriageway at some traffic lights.

I actually blame very poor road markings.

ReputationRep:
    I pulled out at a junction thinking i had time because there were cars turning... i got hit >.< haven't used that junction since, i never liked it to begin with.

But since about 5-6 people at school have written off cars i didn't feel so bad with my dent. Although i do have to drive around with the dent still there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosiePosiePuddingAndPie)
    "I've tried to parallel park but it didn't work, come rescue me"
    I love it!

the A3 runs from London to Portsmouth. Reason lots of people think its a motorway is it has 3 lanes for lots of it....

ReputationRep:
    i think part of the A1 is now a motor way at ferry bridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    i think part of the A1 is now a motor way at ferry bridge?
    Yeah, a bit of it is a motorway now. I think that bit is called the A1M or something though.

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally mounted the pavement running around 20 pedestrians over, knocking a few lampposts over, swerving back into traffic smashing some poor sod off his bicycle, eating a burger on my mobile whilst getting a BJ and trying to change radio station. I then proceeded to crash through a car showroom setting off some sort of alarm and killing nine people I then somehow managed to find the road again and then totally screwed up a parallel park hitting many vehicles. I got road rage and told a elderly person I thought she was scum.

That's the biggest mistake I ever done - Oh wait that was GTA

--

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a bit of it is a motorway now. I think that bit is called the A1M or something though.
    yeah thats it! I love driving on there, nice smooth tar mac!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    I accidentally mounted the pavement running around 20 pedestrians over, knocking a few lampposts over, swerving back into traffic smashing some poor sod off his bicycle, eating a burger on my mobile whilst getting a BJ and trying to change radio station. I then proceeded to crash through a car showroom setting off some sort of alarm and killing nine people I then somehow managed to find the road again and then totally screwed up a parallel park hitting many vehicles. I got road rage and told a elderly person I thought she was scum.

That's the biggest mistake I ever done - Oh wait that was GTA

--
    :rofl: I think the worst thing I've done was scuffing my wheels on the kerb. And I was pissed off with myself for that, who knows what I would've been like if I'd done some of the things you guys have :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarve99)
    On my first day of driving, I actually believed that the mirror nearest to me, showed accuratly the distance between me and the car in the right lane, pulled out, and nearly killed us all. That never happened again though, lol.
    what distance does it show? does it make things appear further away than they actually are, or nearer to u than they actually are?

my excuse for asking this question : i'm still learning :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    what distance does it show? does it make things appear further away than they actually are, or nearer to u than they actually are?

my excuse for asking this question : i'm still learning :p:
    They appear to be further away than they actually are. Old car wing mirrors used to have a translucent message on them saying:
    "Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear"
    Perhaps they should reinstate that

ReputationRep:
    Think it was today, had a 911 literally mm away from my bumber, so im in lane 3, lane 2 becomes available, so accross i go to let the 911 past, next thing i know a civic has just pulled into my lane without signalling about 5 seconds infront of me, thank the lord lane 1 was empty and allowed me to undertake the civic and get back onto lane 3, never thanked God so much before !

ReputationRep:
    i scraped my dads bmw when i was pulling into the drive on saturday. oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    Think it was today, had a 911 literally mm away from my bumber
    bloody tail-gaters!

ReputationRep:
    Yup it is :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suze0811)
    i scraped my dads bmw when i was pulling into the drive on saturday. oops.
    :cool:

What bmw though?

ReputationRep:
    Speeding excessively on the m6 just to see how fast my wee car with 2 passengers could go. Then when it was too late I saw a policeman on a bridge with a speedgun. I waited a few weeks for the ticket to come but it never did :O

Lesson learnt anyway

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, probably not checking my blind spot properly when changing lanes on a dual carriageway and nearly crashing into the car in that lane, or maybe forgetting to go into 1st gear when stopping on a hill, so smoke came out my car when I tried to move...I do wonder how I passed sometimes hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    Well, I don't know, I don't drive - he said it was on the A3, is that a motorway? It's a bloody great road, anyhow

Great as in big or as in fun to drive on? I personally can't stand the road, they've put a set of speed cameras up for every half kilometre or so. Night driving along it may as well be sending your license up the river.

ReputationRep:
    i went the wrong side on a roundabout! looooool

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.