Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At one point, a little voice calling himself God told me to fight the English and restore the King of France. "God" told me that Pope Palpatine would make me a saint. I told the little voice (out loud), "Bugger off, despite my stint as an altar boy, I'm an athiest." Boy did that get some wierd looks on the street, probably more from admitting my service as an altar boy.

Anyway, Sarkozy was elected the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, non-stop. It irritates me when I'm trying to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    LOL..me too. I also did that when i'm very very depressed, but was two years ago.

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself, sometimes answer myself and occasionally I will even accuse myself of conspiring if I don't do something I said I would do if I fail to do what ever it is several times. :craggy:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. All the time. I try to keep it inside, but somtimes without realising am saying it out loud.

Yes but not in public :p:

I talk to myself when I'm either angry or excited. But I don't have conversations, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by - skyhigh -)
    Yes but not in public :p:
    Yeah, this.

Glad I'm not alone, heh!

ReputationRep:
    I do, in my head, especially during exams.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think everyone does.. I quite enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Is talking to yourself in your head not the same as thinking?
    because I'm sure it is and in that case it is perfectly normal!!

I talk to myself quite a lot. Sometimes it helps me work something out, or remember something.

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself, both in my head and out loud, and I respond... I get really frustrated when somebody walks into the room when I am talking to myself, but I sometimes talk to myself even when I am walking down the road or driving these days because if anybody sees me they will just assume I have a handsfree headset on or something.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and why shouldn't I?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by missyria90)
    Is talking to yourself in your head not the same as thinking?
    because I'm sure it is and in that case it is perfectly normal!!
    just what i was thinking.

i have conversations with myself, usually in the mirror. arguments too. i get very pleased with myself when one 'me' wins the argument because it means i've realised the answer to something.

in public, i don't speak alloud, but any emotions i'm feeling within this conversation tend to escape as expressions on my face/erratic body language. looks very strange. if i were other people, i'd think i were mental.

ReputationRep:
    I do talk to myself and have conversations with myself, but only in my head :ninja: I thought that was just thinking though?

ReputationRep:
    I had a girl who used to sit next to me in Adv. Maths: whenever we had a test, she would sit there and mutter to herself possible answers and little chidings at herself such as 'stupid sandya!'.
    A potentially helpful situation - really, not at all, considering the perpetual drone throughout all my exams. Myself? No, I use a pencil and notepad. My mother? Always.

ReputationRep:
    Arguing with yourself is healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    I do talk to myself and have conversations with myself, but only in my head :ninja:
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    just what i was thinking.

i have conversations with myself, usually in the mirror. arguments too. i get very pleased with myself when one 'me' wins the argument because it means i've realised the answer to something.

in public, i don't speak alloud, but any emotions i'm feeling within this conversation tend to escape as expressions on my face/erratic body language. looks very strange. if i were other people, i'd think i were mental.
    haha snap!!! especially if im just sitting like on the bus and i suddenly think about something and then go :eek: people must be like :confused:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.