Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DalekLover)
    I dont get anything

My parents have this kind of rule where they never put any pressure at all on me or my brother to get certain grades, and in return we don't get rewarded for good results.

I think that is actually quite a good deal; it just feels like a shame because i am predicited really good grades so i could have had something good lol...
    You will have something good (and a fair bit more valuable than a couple of hundred quid) - decent GCSE results!

I had nothing for mine (A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAB). I remember people in my year complaining because they were "only" getting £10 per A* compared to others who were getting £20. I don't take issue with people getting money (if that's what they need to work hard, that's what they need) but I really do loathe ungrateful people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get money for mine but my dad (who is a bit out of touch with my schoolwork etc.) promised me a cocktail in the OXO tower if I 'pass a GCSE'. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I will be passing all my GCSEs (unless it all goes terribly well) and that isn't so much of an incentive.

ReputationRep:
    ive bought myself a psp that im not allowed to play until my last exam and ive just bought another year of live so thats kinda my reward. Im also trying to get a iPod Touch 32gb through those refferal sites. Got my iPod Video 2 years ago from that so i thought i might as well get a new ipod from there now. I try not to get money off of my parents and try and earn stuff rather than just ask for stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Promised 50 pounds per A or A* from parents.. they are prob lying. Just a way of motivating myself lol

(Original post by ...bored)
    Promised 50 pounds per A or A* from parents.. they are prob lying. Just a way of motivating myself lol
    Wow I wouldn't mind that too!

ReputationRep:
    we go out for a meal at a restaurant on results day
    i dont get any present or anything cos my parents say 'it's compulsory - everyone does them' =\

ReputationRep:
    A nintendo wii, for 10 A*s to C.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Nothing! My muma and dada just said that they'll take me out for a nice family meal on results day, regardless of how well I've done. I prefer it this way because I know how well I've done will be because I've put in the hard work to get the grades, not because I want to get a few hundred pounds from my parents. Personal satisfaction is priceless.

ReputationRep:
    I am in desperate need of a new room so my mum has set a target (that i dont know) of how many As - or A*s if she's feeling mean - that i need to acheive in order to get a new room

Its a way of motivating me to revise as i am lazy

And since no one in my family really stuck around for GCSEs (besides my cousins and me) its a way of getting me to turn up

Quite good I think - IKEA here i come !! hopefully

also i will probably get cards - i hope
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be allowed a glass of cola with my tea ...
    or maybe even 2 if I do really well

ReputationRep:
    My Mum and Dad said nothing--so I bought myself a Nintendo DS but am not allowed to play Animal Crossing until June 20th (last exam).

It's often a surprise though--they gave me a phone for my A* in ICT last year.

:-D

ReputationRep:
    If I get enough grades for a '50% off tuition fees' scholarship, my parents are putting me through boarding school. . Which is really lovely of them, since the tuition fees are only about a quarter of the boarding fees anyway. So really, I'm only saving them 1/8 of the money, but ho-hum.
    Oh, and a car when I pass my driving test next year, but that's a birthday-Christmas-exams gift, and a necessity so I can actually make it home some weekends.

ReputationRep:
    I manage to avoid a beating if i get 10 A*s

ReputationRep:
    hopefully a laptpo for 6th form if i do well.

ReputationRep:
    £50 for every A i get.... And -£50 for anything below a C lol

ReputationRep:
    nothing much.
    i'll rather do it for myself anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I got my room done/swapped rooms. I've got the master bedroom now, life isn't so hard...

ReputationRep:
    I manage to avoid a beating if i get 10 A*s
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArjunT)
    iIm also trying to get a iPod Touch 32gb through those refferal sites. Got my iPod Video 2 years ago from that so i thought i might as well get a new ipod from there now
    slightly off topic, but how do you actually get people to click on your site?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.