Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty much how I thought I'd be.

ReputationRep:
    when i was little i thought i would be rich, attractive and successful

strange how things work out

ReputationRep:
    oh god, well no i thought id be all girly and have the ideal girl life.
    sadly not. but i dont regret any of it
    i cant imagine myself being any different nowadays

ReputationRep:
    too busy watching cartoons at that age to think about the future

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd never drive (passed after 6 months of being 17 and havent stopped driving since :P) that I'd go to Oxford (not going to happen) and that I'd have found the perfect boyfriend (at least I got that bit right) so slightly right but mainly wrong lol!

ReputationRep:
    With a slightly less wonky nose.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, now I think about it. I thought I'd be happier, although I've wanted to leave this town since I was 11 so why I thought I'd be happy here 6 years on I have no idea! I expected to have better friends, a part time job and to be on my way to a good university. Don't really know where any of it went wrong, but it sure as **** did! :s: :rolleyes:

Instead I'm constantly looking ahead to moving away to the fresh start of university whilst (subtly) making sure my sister doesn't turn into me!

ReputationRep:
    nope i thought id be a miserable suicidal waste of human space

but im not - gotta admit im much more pleased with this result

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd be president of the Cambridge or Oxford Union.

But unfortunately I discovered counter-strike and warcraft3, and alas, many of my dreams of instant greatness were postponed by videogames. Oh well, always next year.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a bionic arm with a built in laser of death, so no.

ReputationRep:
    I don't play for Liverpool FC.

So no.

ReputationRep:
    I swore I would never wear makeup :rolleyes:
    I thought I would study to be a vet ah well

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm less 90s Sweet Valley High teenager.

Which is good.

ReputationRep:
    taller, thinner, prettier, blonde, tanned, rich.

I am yet to achieve these.

ReputationRep:
    I think i thought i'd be a little slimmer & far more glamorous.
    I don't think i've done too badly, although i never seem to be happy with myself, i think i prefer the person i've become to the person i wished to be, and the person i'd be if i was just an older version of who i was back then.
    Considering i thought i'd be a virgin who could never get a lad to ever like her for the rest of my life...i just wanted a lad to actually like me... i've done darn well...a far too serious far too long long term relationship, a few flings and a minimum of 7 sexual partners.
    I thought i'd be off to Oxbridge studying something along the lines of vetinary science...I thought i'd have achieved all A*s at GCSE.
    I never considered, even a year or so ago, that ultimately it would be my grades that my uni place came down to and that there'd actually be a HUGE chance that i wouldn't get them. Although i do feel i've achieved so much more by actually pushing myself and doing things that i don't find easy and that are a struggle and that i probably wont get As in, i've learnt alot more about myself...i feel more pride for my achievements despite the achievements not seeming as great.
    I don't think i thought i'd drink as much.
    I didn't even know what the LSE was when i was 10, so i doubt i thought it would be my motivation, aspiration and inspiration for these past 2 years.
    I think i presumed i'd have far less friends than i do now.
    I wanted to be amazing at sport...i still suck.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    it's better than how i imagined, so far =)

ReputationRep:
    I never expected myself to end up so open-minded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veni_vidi)
    No.
    I can remember writing on a piece of paper several years back what I wanted to achieve. And to be honest, then, I thought I was demanding a lot of myself. But thankfully I've achieved everything I set out to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veni_vidi)
    No.
    Sorry I didn't mean to quote you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMiss_Sarahx)
    I think i thought i'd be a little slimmer & far more glamorous.
    I don't think i've done too badly, although i never seem to be happy with myself, i think i prefer the person i've become to the person i wished to be, and the person i'd be if i was just an older version of who i was back then.
    Considering i thought i'd be a virgin who could never get a lad to ever like her for the rest of my life, i've done darn well...a far too serious far too long long term relationship, a few flings and a minimum of 7 sexual partners.
    I thought i'd be off to Oxbridge studying something along the lines of vetinary science...I thought i'd have achieved all A*s at GCSE.
    I never considered, even a year or so ago, that ultimately it would be my grades that my uni place came down to and that there'd actually be a HUGE chance that i wouldn't get them. Although i do feel i've achieved so much more by actually pushing myself and doing things that i don't find easy and that are a struggle and that i probably wont get As in, i've learnt alot more about myself...i feel more pride for my achievements despite the achievements not seeming as great.
    I never thought i'd actually be getting my breasts done...i thought it was only something that super rich film stars and models had done.
    I don't think i thought i'd drink as much.
    I didn't even know what the LSE was when i was 10, so i doubt i thought it would be my motivation, aspiration and inspiration for these past 2 years.
    I think i presumed i'd have far less friends than i do now.
    Are you going to get your breasts done? Why???

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.