Turn on thread page Beta

How many detentions have YOU had?? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How many detentions have you had?
    36.67%
    1-5
    35.70%
    6-10
    6.60%
    11-20
    6.36%
    21 +
    14.67%

ReputationRep:
    Back in school, I had loads of detentions. One, which I thought was a bit silly, was for accusing a fellow (without basis) of having pubic lice within earshot of the head of the modern languages department.

ReputationRep:
    I got two, but I managed to get out of one of them :proud:

ReputationRep:
    I've never ever ever gotten a detention! I reckon its down to my sweet and innocent face haha, never really seem to get told off either, when its usually me doing all the talking!

ReputationRep:
    One, I expected my teacher to let me off because I was a "good boy". She wasn't having any of it though, forgot my homework three times and detention. Damnit!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: 0 DETENTIONS....
    Wow.... I've had a lot of detentions and some of them were for really small things
    like not giving in homework in years 7, 8 and 9.
    The detentions that i get now are for things like being late.
    Awww.. Im gonna miss the days we spent ****ing around

ReputationRep:
    I voted 6 - 10. It may be slightly more, but in my school detentions were only usually given for getting into fights and things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshm)
    0 detentions = boring person. FACT. QED. LOL.
    I'm not boring :p: I was just a good student the majority of the time so could smile sweetly at teachers and get out of stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Only a few in year 11, but definitely over 21 total

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite sure I've had fifteen in total; fourteen of those were for not doing homework (mostly Accounting - can you blame me?) and the other one was for "bullying" - total and utter *******s, he started an argument with me and my insults happened to be slightly more effective. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan-IW)
    You guys are sad. Everyone knows cool kids get detentions.

depends on your definition of "cool", most of the time the detention rebels are classed as chavs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've had none. No private detentions because I never did anything wrong (enough) and no class dets because I didn't attend them.

ReputationRep:
    Not too many actually.

Though I am now barred from my school premesis.

ReputationRep:
    About 2 for forgetting to bring in my Catering ingredients :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    none, I've got a clean sheet I take it you mean official detentions where it was solely down to me.

However, I've been part of loads of class detentions though where it was one or two disruptive people who managed to get the class held back.

ReputationRep:
    my teachers hardly gave detention for not doing homework, but only detention i ever got was for throwing paper, and during the detention i got another one for using my phone, which i thought was pathetic and never served it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I never had a detention in breaks/after school. I was sent out of my german class I think everyday while we had the sub. So from January to May of year 9. I used to walk into the class only to be sent straight back out to isolation. Never went though. I either went outside to the sports class, the french or spanish class, or the student council teacher.

ReputationRep:
    About 8.

ReputationRep:
    2 Saturdays - one for writing 'gay boy' on my friend's locker with a board marker (it comes off with a wipe), and the other for ringing my mate in assembly to make his phone go off My head of year just hated me.

4 Fridays, one for giving a mate a wedgie with an umbrella, breaking it. Two for fighting with a fat indian guy in year 7, and one for spraying coke round the class in year 9 (buy some Sainsbury's basics coke, shake it up, throw a compass at it )

About 5 lunchtimes, for missing homeworks, burning some paper with a bunsen in Chemistry, forgetting PE kit, 'general scruffiness' - lol?

Assuming Saturdays and Fridays count more than lunchtimes, that takes it over 20

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely none,if you behave in the first 2 years of Secondary School, you can get away with anything. :champ:

ReputationRep:
    Once an english temp tried to give us a class detention, which we were unable to avoid as we had her lesson last, but we all literally just walked out

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.