Turn on thread page Beta

How Much Alcohol Do You Drink Per Week? watch

• View Poll Results: How Much Do You Drink Per Week?
    1 - 3 Units
    20.91%
    4 - 8 Units
    10.80%
    9 - 12 Units
    7.32%
    More than 12 Units
    24.74%
    Too Much I Think
    9.41%
    I Don't Drink At All
    26.83%

ReputationRep:
    lotsa young 'uns answering on here, clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medione)
    the question for me is more like...how much do u drink a year?
    Agreed, cos i think theres a few of us who dont drink every week, but drink a fair bit when they do go out... I'd hate to think how much it'd be over a whole year tho =S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noleafclover1999)
    It's subjectve.

Most weeks none, some weeks a lot. Depends what's on sale.
    Hmm...Its certainly very variable. I the last 7 days, at least 25 and its height of exams! 6 today.

However, often there are weeks of zero...well not often but it does happen.

ReputationRep:
    lately i've been going out to town at night and pubs during the day far too much, I would say about 15 pints a week recently.

ReputationRep:
    Anything from none at all up to way more than 12. All depends on the week

ReputationRep:
    If I go out then it's more than 12 units. If I'm boring and stay in on the weekend then its none

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, around 35 a week. It's getting really really bad...

ReputationRep:
    Nil. Don't drink.

ReputationRep:
    Far too much over the past few weeks. Only going to get worse as well with no exams and holidays coming up.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's ignorance but i'm shocked that the highest at the moment is not drinking at all...

ReputationRep:
    40 odd units, usually......
    Though I have started a fitness regime, so not much at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Surprising to see so many who don't touch it all. Fair play to all those with that sort of discipline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    Maybe it's ignorance but i'm shocked that the highest at the moment is not drinking at all...
    That's because they spend far too much time on here and not nearly enough out 'there.'

Although you have to remember that its all the other ones added up to get the total number of drinkers...

ReputationRep:
    Last Saturday I drank half a bottle of Jim Beam (28 units for the bottle, so 14 units) before going out. In the bar I had another 4 pints. And then in the club had at least 2 - 3 more pints.

Not sure how many units 1 pint is though.

Edit, just found out:

Pint of standard lager - 2.3 units

so thats 14 + (2.3x6) = 27.6 Units total

But I only drink heavily once or twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    That's because they spend far too much time on here and not nearly enough out 'there.'

Although you have to remember that its all the other ones added up to get the total number of drinkers...
    Probably right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Last Saturday I drank half a bottle of Jim Beam (28 untis for the bottle, so 14 units) before going out. In the bar I had another 4 pints. And then in the club had at least 2 - 3 more pints.

Not sure how many units 1 pint is though.
    Weak beer (e.g. carlsberg) is 2 units, something a bit stronger like Kronenbourg is more like 3.

Government unit guidance limits are completely fabricated however, and have steadily decreased over the years along with political pressure upon them to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Been out every night from Tues-Sat night.

Quite a lot of booze.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If I'm at a few parties and stuff then it'll be quite a bit.
    If not then just a couple of cans probably.

ReputationRep:
    Errm probably in the region of 35-40.. Something like that.
    A couple of nights where I have around 7-8 pints and then most other nights I'll just have a pint or two with dinner or vegging in front of the tv or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink every week.

But that will change next year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.