did you apply for Cambs and NGDP?

ReputationRep:
    I just e-mailed Cambridgeshire CC and they told me I was unsuccessful
    So now just waiting on NGDP!

ReputationRep:
    i applied for the ngdp.. i hate waiting

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!!!

Just wondering if anyone could advise of what to expect on the ngdp interview ? Tips for preparing etc??????? What sort of questions do they ask? did you guys find it tough or easier?

Please help

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had my telephone interview over a week ago- heven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I will find out this week. The interview itself was ok- lasted about 50 minutes. Good luck everyone- hopefully see you at the assessment centre!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else still not heard a thing? Im gutted, I guess I am unsuccessful now

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard, but just e-mailed them to see if what we fear about being unsuccessful is true. Fingers crossed I'll get a response tomorrow. Has anyone heard back from any other local government schemes?

ReputationRep:
    A couple of hours ago, I did exactly the same thing, Kahani_Moon - I emailed them to find out what's going on.

They just replied to say they're still reviewing the application.

I'd be a bit surprised if I didn't at least get a telephone interview. I'm reasonably confident in my application and my answers to the competency questions.

Probably a case of pride expressed, fall ensues. But I don't see any point in losing hope just yet when we haven't actually heard anything! Sometimes this forum makes things worse.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly that. Just got this reply:

"Further to your email, we are currently reviewing your application, and we
    will contact you at the earliest available opportunity with further news."

So all is not lost yet. Just hating waiting for these things, especially when friends are already getting interviews & job offers. Ah well, hopefully there will be news soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxfordruse)
    A couple of hours ago, I did exactly the same thing, Kahani_Moon - I emailed them to find out what's going on.

They just replied to say they're still reviewing the application.

I'd be a bit surprised if I didn't at least get a telephone interview. I'm reasonably confident in my application and my answers to the competency questions.

Probably a case of pride expressed, fall ensues. But I don't see any point in losing hope just yet when we haven't actually heard anything! Sometimes this forum makes things worse.
    When it comes to these things expectations go out the window, I was granted a telephone interview with at least 3 glaring spelling mistakes on my application. Yes I know, spelling mistakes can be seen as minor, but over the past 3 years use of basic grammar in job applications has been drilled into me as the 1st vetting procedure.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

Just wondered if anyone has found out if they've got through to the assessment centre? I know they said early March I'm just getting impatient.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing those who didn't get an interview by now are out then?
    Anybody got any updates?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we can be out if we haven't heard anything. Judging by what they said in their last email they'll let me know either way - or so I'm hoping!

Anyone heard anything else from the other local government schemes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kahani_Moon)
    I don't think we can be out if we haven't heard anything. Judging by what they said in their last email they'll let me know either way - or so I'm hoping!

Anyone heard anything else from the other local government schemes?
    Still nothing from Essex, but as the sifting interviews started this week I'm guessing that I'm unsuccessful Had the first round for Cambridgeshire last week but haven't heard back about that yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I just found this thread thanks to the brilliance of google...

I found out yesterday that I'm through to the assessment centre for the ngdp, really really happy as I really want this job

just wondering if anyone else has heard anything or if anyone has any tips for the assessment centre...

Jenny

ReputationRep:
    Hey just had an email saying I'm through to the assessment centre too! Really pleased, but the information sessions are for just 3 days next week, I can only get to the London one and its quite short notice as I have an essay due the end of next week so have had to ask my lecturer for an extension! is anyone else going or have any info bout the assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it was quite short notice for the information sessions as well, I can't make the London one so I'm going to Leeds instead, what date is your assessment centre? Does anyone know how many people are through to the assessment centre stages, I'm trying to figure out how competitive it is from this point on!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.