Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm still so annoyed that Pro social media came up. I did so badly on that question but felt good about the other two.

ReputationRep:
    Wow I was quite pleased with that exam! I had convinced myself I was going to fail, due to revision starting on Sunday, (cos I didn't realise there were 27 topics so left it late!) so I had to take quite a risk and question spot; only revised one section for evolution and 2 for 2 other sections, and all 3 of my questions covered my revision topics, so what a relief!!

I thought I'd only get 1 or 2 at the most questions come up, but seems not! Maybe they really do set patterns with some questions, so there's not actually as much to learn as it seems, giving us a better chance?! Hmm seems odd but quite possible given the pattern with the evolution questions.

I did 10, 11 and 15, although I only left myself 15mins for the last question! And I got a bit muddled up in some places, and forgot certain things, but all in all I'm quite pleased!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    Wow I was quite pleased with that exam! I had convinced myself I was going to fail, due to revision starting on Sunday, (cos I didn't realise there were 27 topics so left it late!) so I had to take quite a risk and question spot; only revised one section for evolution and 2 for 2 other sections, and all 3 of my questions covered my revision topics, so what a relief!!

I thought I'd only get 1 or 2 at the most questions come up, but seems not! Maybe they really do set patterns with some questions, so there's not actually as much to learn as it seems, giving us a better chance?! Hmm seems odd but quite possible given the pattern with the evolution questions.

I did 10, 11 and 15, although I only left myself 15mins for the last question! And I got a bit muddled up in some places, and forgot certain things, but all in all I'm quite pleased!!
    for 15 did you choose parental investment?
    and if so, was it the dodgey marriage/divorce/parenthood question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple)
    I dont find it difficult as such or boring, I just find it weird tbh I dont really know how to explain it, the whole topic seems to be "We do this now because we done it in the EEA because it resulted in reproductive success but there is no research to support this or the research that supposedly supports this doesn't actually apply to a real life situtation" It seems far too basic and I can never write that much about it, certainly not enough for 24 marks or even close.

I think I will be going for pro and anti social behaviour instead for the January exam, I should have stuck with it instead of changing (i self teach)
    I know exactly what you mean!! I don't think my evo essay made much sense, just a few random ideas! And due to the stuff in brackets at the end of the question, I wasn't too sure what it was asking - could we cover everything? Hmm I don't think I related my answer to the Q very well, but that's probably partly a result of doing it in 15 mins!!

It's just wierd, I totally understand the theories, and when I was reading it in the book I kept thinking "yup already know this", but I couldn't think of how to structure an essay for it!

Oh well, what's done is done.

ReputationRep:
    Erm... not pleased at all. Muddled up both the biological rythms questions, plus the formation/matienence question. Personality development didnt go too bad but when I was doing my revision I mainly just concentrated on Freud, and it was blooody SLT that came up!! Hmmpphh, well never mind. I want to just concentrate on PYA5 but that exam is supposed to be very difficult and hard to gain marks on, to get a C overall, i'd need to aim for a B. I dont think i'll be able to do that, but you know, hey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    Well, I only wrote one page more than you :p:.

My writing is really big and messy and sprawled out in exams, I feel so sorry for the person that's marking it .

So are we allowed to talk about the answers or not?
    I asked and yeah we are allowed to talk about it

My writing wasn't exactly neat! Got progressively worse as the exam went on as I was panicking to get everything down.

I forgot the names of a lot of the studies but managed to describe them so hopefully that'll count for something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrylux)
    heyy, you know the parental investment, was that the dodgey quotey question with marriage/divorce/parenthood? i didnt see any shorter questions.. and it came up in comparative yes? just checking
    wasn't that for a different questions?!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    for 15 did you choose parental investment?
    and if so, was it the dodgey marriage/divorce/parenthood question?
    Not sure what one you mean =/

But the question was discuss evolutionary explanations of parental investment. Then it said something like (eg: sexual selection, parent-child conflict blah blah blah).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison267)
    wasn't that for a different questions?!:confused:
    whaaaat. what seciton was the parental investment in?!!?!?
    what the ****. i hope i havnt answered the wrong question..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did anyone do the weird marriage/divorce/parenthood question and can it be related to differences in sexual investment ?!!??!?!?!!?!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP ME

ReputationRep:
    whaaaat. what seciton was the parental investment in?!!?!?
    what the ****. i hope i havnt answered the wrong question..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did anyone do the weird marriage/divorce/parenthood question and can it be related to differences in sexual investment ?!!??!?!?!!?!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP ME
    I did see that question but it definatly wasn't in evolution.
    evolution was question 15.. final section (comparative)

You have done the wrong question then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    Not sure what one you mean =/

But the question was discuss evolutionary explanations of parental investment. Then it said something like (eg: sexual selection, parent-child conflict blah blah blah).
    noooo..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    you know the exam is a double spread? was that Q on the first spread or the second page in the last section?
    OMG **** i think i answered the wrong ****ing question
    can i still get marks for writing about parental investment in the 'individual differences and culture refer to marriage/divorce/parenthood'

SOMEBODY KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ReputationRep:
    Oops, forgot about this thread! (I made another one in alevels) meh!

As for me...

I did questions:

2. Formation/maintenance of relationships- found it ok
    5. Biorhythms (circadian, ultradian, infradian) and sleep disruption (jet lag/shiftwork)- found it ok
    10. Genetics in measured intelligence- Great

ReputationRep:
    noooo..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    you know the exam is a double spread? was that Q on the first spread or the second page in the last section?
    OMG **** i think i answered the wrong ****ing question
    can i still get marks for writing about parental investment in the 'individual differences and culture refer to marriage/divorce/parenthood'

SOMEBODY KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Second page, last Q I think. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i feel so lucky as i predicted theories on formation/pro social behavior research and biological rhythms!

feeel soooooooo relived now it's over though ! my 10 hours cramming and no sleep dodn't go to waste!
    hope i got a b !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison267)
    I did see that question but it definatly wasn't in evolution.
    evolution was question 13.. final section (comparative)
    The one I just said was question 13?? I thought it was 15?? Oh god now I'm worried I wrote the wrong number, in which case I won't get many marks for that Q lol!!!

ReputationRep:
    JESUS CHRIST ive answered the wrong ****ing question!!!!!!!!!!!!! i rang up the exam officer for my school and she said that they may realise it was meant to be for the other question but i dont know...
    okay i need your help.
    i basically wrote all about parental investment (sexual differences) and the question was
    'individual differences and culture blah blah... refer to marriage, divorce, parenthood in your answer'
    can i still get marks for this? i related my work to the question!!
    i fell so awful i knew parental investment so well i wish i had put down the other question!! i feel so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAIL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    The one I just said was question 13?? I thought it was 15?? Oh god now I'm worried I wrote the wrong number, in which case I won't get many marks for that Q lol!!!
    No no your right. sorry it is 15 its just my other one was 13,

DEFO QUESTION 15 FOR EVOLUTION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoiMoixxx)
    Erm... not pleased at all. Muddled up both the biological rythms questions, plus the formation/matienence question. Personality development didnt go too bad but when I was doing my revision I mainly just concentrated on Freud, and it was blooody SLT that came up!! Hmmpphh, well never mind. I want to just concentrate on PYA5 but that exam is supposed to be very difficult and hard to gain marks on, to get a C overall, i'd need to aim for a B. I dont think i'll be able to do that, but you know, hey!
    i know exactly how you feel...
    i went over freud loads, defence mechanisms, id, ego & super ego & psychosexual stages
    spent a bit of time revising erikson & his psychosocial stages so went social learning came up i was like grrrrr!
    did what i could though... reciprocal determinism, vicarious reinforcement & self efficacy
    but totally missed out modelling, oops!

ReputationRep:
    i did 2 pages for each question is that bad????

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2008

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.