Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by All at once)
    Omega baby
    my dad has the one the astronauts wear:rolleyes:
    he bought it for 400 and now it's valued at 3500!
    i was like selll it! that's my freshers year sorted!
    the most ive ever spent was £50 on a mathew williamson perfume.
    clotheswise i dont really spend that much- about £30-£40 max for any one thing really.
    ive had some expensive stuff bought for me, like rockport for 120, my prom dress for 120, evening dress for 90.

my sister's the worst though- she's bought a prada bag and burberry bag and chanel earrings and wont tell me how much she paid for them (i then introduced her to ebay, where she is now happily in love)

ReputationRep:
    ...i was just sat thinking about this and stupid as it sounds my old school uniform was the most expensive thing i had!....i went to a private girls school...it was totally minging....by the time all the different bits of it had been bought it must have come close to £700.....i hated the school and never wanted to go there.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eMJaaay♥)
    Different people I guess...I do ALOT for charity but I also spend money on stuff ... its not shallow I don't think unless people do it just for the brands but I just spend money on clothes but mostly shoes and bags and makeup ... my mate buys a new bag every two weeks while I save up and buy just the one expensive one
    A bag every 2 weeks? jeezz thats worse than ma grandma..

kinda obvious im not OTT about fashion... wear what u feel confable in and thats it really

ReputationRep:
    Ooo My dad bought me a really nice Paco Rabanne dress for some party thing he organised. I dont know how much it costed but i did try to look for it on the net and found a similar one for about £450
    I've also got a few bags by Chanel and Miss Sixtyyy
    I love my dad

ReputationRep:
    Free ripped, worn jumper from Oxfam.

ReputationRep:
    My louboutins were £400 but they were for christmas and like a one off 'cos they go with loads of things and i wear them all the time and stuff. And i always use my mums balenciaga bag which was £900 'cos she doesn't like it any more but thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    Two YSL suits, £250 a piece down from £500. I don't really go for designer stuff as a general rule, I just gets whats nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeming)
    A bag every 2 weeks? jeezz thats worse than ma grandma..

kinda obvious im not OTT about fashion... wear what u feel confable in and thats it really
    Yeah I know lol she has to get new stuff everytime shes going out! I don't see the point, might as well get one nice thing than 10 semi nice things that die after a while!!!

Are we counting sunnis and bags and stuff? cuz then the most expensive thing I've got would be my Chloe bag ... it was a bit more than £1000 but then again I did use my save up money and my parents and cousin subsidized me with early birthday money

I saw it and I had to have it...I think I have a problem :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Probably my Gucci Indy, or my Dolce and Gabbana bag..everything else I own is high street, or from other random places, just depends where I pick them up. Unless we're talking sunglasses, makeup and perfume, then I should be shot, I just can't help myself from buying a ridiculous amount of it

ReputationRep:
    tag heuer watch around 600 and a pair of prada shoes 230

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually have many expensive clothes as usually if I buy designer/brand-stuff it is heavily discounted. Like a Gant jacket I have for RRP it was £220, I bought it for £60. And I get my jeans from sales as well so hardly ever end up paying more than £40 even for Diesels etc.

For accessories I've got Versace sunnies and Dolce&Gabbana glasses, and a Furla bag but thats about it. Got some old Chanel sunnies somewhere too. But next year I'll probs buy a nice designer bag for Christmas since I've wanted one for ages.

ReputationRep:
    50 quid on a tux but thats not a piece of clothing its several, i think probably 30 quid on some shoes thats it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    I don't necessarily see it as shallow. But I do think that true style has nothing to do with the amount of money you've spent on it.
    Well said.

ReputationRep:
    I think the most expensive thing I have got is a coat that was £150 and some knee high boots that were the same sort of price. Both bought by my parents 5 years ago, and I still use them now. Of my own stuff, most expensive must be a ball dress for £100. Otherwise everything I buy is under £40.

ReputationRep:
    i have a few jackets that are £100-300 ish.

My spyder lightweight jacket being the most expensive at about £450.

I also have a very very old silver omega watch - my grandads old watch - i never really wear that much though

ReputationRep:
    i don't really have an expencive piece of clothing, only thing i can think of is a £80 dress i wore to our ball. other than that i buy most of my clothes from topshop, warehouse, the 'limited collection' bit of M&S and so on.. i may not have one piece that sticks out at a huge cost but all my clothes together if i add them up would probably give my mother a heartattack the amount she's paid for them i have far to many clothes!

however saying that, i do prefer to spend on accessorize, bags and shoes.
    i have my louis vuitton purse which is rather small for the £130[i think ish] i had it for, and the mini bag i have with it also louis which was around £180. now i want the really big luggage case which is aroud £600+ hmm... i may have to find a nice rich man when i go to uni

ReputationRep:
    £70 coat years ago.
    £50 jeans ages ago.

That's it. I'm poor :p:

ReputationRep:
    £265 Marc Jacobs shoes bought from net-a-porter.

ReputationRep:
    I have a coat that was £120 thats about it really, i dont mind cheap clothes, im not a label man rele

ReputationRep:
    My parents got me a Roberto Cavalli ball gown for my birthday.... I don't know the price but it probably set them back a fair bit! It was lovely of them

Most of my riding clothes are expensive. My xc boots were about £600 (sponsor-paid), and my full dressage outfit was in the region of £2000 at the end of it (thank you sponsor!). But for normal clothes, I don't have anything particularly expensive.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.