Turn on thread page Beta

Best things for teenagers in london??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, go to Tinsetown like the person said above. AND the Ice Bar.

Camden Market
    Oxford Street
    Tate Modern
    Hyde Park
    Hard Rock Café
    City Hall (and Tower Bridge)
    Serpentine Gallery
    National Theatre
    Canary Wharf
    Harrods
    Selfridges
    Hamleys
    Leicester Square
    Lincolns Inn Fields
    Embankment
    London Zoo
    London Eye
    Science Museum
    V&A Museum
    Natural History Museum
    Museum of London
    Tate Britain
    National Gallery
    Buckingham Palace
    National Theatre
    Hayward Gallery
    Trocadero Centre
    Piccadilly Circus
    Speakers Corner
    Hoxton
    Greenwich
    British Museum
    Portobello Road Market
    Petticoat Lane Market
    St Pancras Station
    Imperial War Museum
    London Transport Museum
    Covent Garden

There's not shortage of things to do, depends what you enjoy to be honest.

Anyone else think this should be moved to travel?

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably pick Science Museum and London Eye, then have lunch somewhere nice. Maybe do some shopping in Portobello market or on Oxford Street.

ReputationRep:
    London Dungeon
    Great chance to run about like a little kid again
    Scared me ****less, although i hate wax models
    Good fun though

ReputationRep:
    Turnpike Lane, bring cash

ReputationRep:
    Walking around places like Oxford Street, The Science Museum as well as going to the Leicester Square cinema are awesome, and in my opinion even better if you have someone, such as a g/f to go with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWZa)
    the Leicester Square cinema are awesome
    There is absolutely no point in going to the Odeon in Leicester Square. It costs £16 per person and is no better than any other cinema.

Try and find the Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Square instead; it's much smaller but shows a more diverse range of films, costs £1 per person on a friday and not much more on other days and you are allowed to drink alcohol in the auditorium.

If you don't find that, go to the Imax cinema by Waterloo Station. It is amazing and worth every penny. I saw 300 there and was completely blown away!!!

ReputationRep:
    There are two must-dos in my opinion:
    London Eye- make sure you pre-book for this. Namco station right next door, fairly well hidden but super cool multi-level arcade with a nice bar for lunch at the bottom, brilliant.
    A visit to covent garden to see all the street entertainers

All the other stuff depends what type of person you are.
    If you are theatrical, go see a play on the West End.

If you have any liking for museums, whatsoever (don't have to be a nerd) the natural history museum is incredible- but make sure you go in the week so there aren't loads of school trips running around.
    I reckon the Imperial War museum and Observatory at Greenwich are worth a visit, but only if you have at least some interest in museumy type stuff

If you like shopping, take a visit to Harrods: its ridiculously enormous. Also, Oxford street for shopping.

If you like Art, there is the Tate Modern, though I've never been because I hate art

Trocadero is good fun as well

Don't worry about pre-planning too much. You can easily do multiple things in a day and be a bit flexible about how you do it, because there are tube stations every like 300m in central London and they make it very easy to get around, with trains like every 2minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyIsBullish)
    There is absolutely no point in going to the Odeon in Leicester Square. It costs £16 per person and is no better than any other cinema.

Try and find the Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Square instead; it's much smaller but shows a more diverse range of films, costs £1 per person on a friday and not much more on other days and you are allowed to drink alcohol in the auditorium.

If you don't find that, go to the Imax cinema by Waterloo Station. It is amazing and worth every penny. I saw 300 there and was completely blown away!!!
    I think that depends on which seats you choose, as well as when during the day you go. It is good for the experience though, and some of the latest films have premiers there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Spearmint Rhino

Winner of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thought15)
    After my exams my mum is taking me to london for a few days and i was wondering what the best things are to to there?
    I'd advise you to steer clear of Harrods, we don't want a repeat of 1983 do we? :P

ReputationRep:
    get coked off yr faces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)

Anyone else think this should be moved to travel?
    I entered this in travel but it ended up here

ReputationRep:
    Camden.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Camden and The Ripper Trail.

ReputationRep:
    play football at the park. go to hyde park, or else, go window shopping

(Original post by urbandervish)
    ^ The Ripper Trail.
    Seriously? I thought it was awful.

"This is a KFC where someone once lived"

ReputationRep:
    South Kensington has a lot of the famous museums such as Science, Natural History... The royal albert hall his there too. Also drop by Oxford Street/Regent Street. It's worth looking at picadilly circus and Leicester Sq. just to see the sights there. Head to Trafalgar Square and either take a walk down Whitehall from there (you pass 10 Downing Street and its gates there) as well as an entrance to Buckingham Palace where there is one of the guards in red uniform with a sword on duty.

Along the Thames, there is the Houses of Parliament, London Eye. If you're a fan of walking up flights of stairs, St. Pauls Cathedral is definitely recommended. Near Picadilly is the Trocedero, not sure whether your mum will like it though. There are literally LOADS of museums around London, all of which are free at the moment so make the best use of them if you're the museum sort.

Avoid taking buses where possible, you get the atmosphere and the buzz while walking at your own pace and taking in the sights. There are plenty of benches if you get tired.

Theatres, like museums, are in abundance at London too. Well worth researching what is shown where and booking some tickets etc.

If you go to Oxford Street, make sure you drop into Selfridges. Or if you go to Knightsbridge, drop into Harrods and take your time looking around.

Near Covent Garden/Leicster Square etc there is the Covent Garden Flower Market, worth checking out. It's also worth going to Chinatown which is near Covent Garden. Be careful if you are wandering about there after hours as its near Soho :p:

Theres literally loads on in London. It's well worth looking into what public events are on during the days you're going. you can see them at visitlondon.

Be sure to look up places to eat as well. Try to do something different from the normal fast food chains. There are loads of bakeries and sandwich shops dotted about the side-streets in London. Lots of delicious waffle houses too.

Do watch out though, there are things in London which are extremely pricey.

Hope you have a great time and hope you get the results you want.

ReputationRep:
    Went speakers corner in Hyde Park Sunday just gone and would recommend it to anyone. Its mad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplefrog)
    Be careful if you are wandering about there after hours as its near Soho :p:
    Don't worry about Soho.:p: It's really not that bad!!! The worst that happen is that you'll step on a rather manky bin-bag behind in an alley behind a chinese restaurant (I use the term loosely; outlet would be more apt).
    It's an important cultural experience. You'll learn more about a place by going off of the tourist trail.:cool:

An essential London experience is getting mugged at knife-point in West Norwood or Brixton

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.