Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali M)
    well he never said extra to me BUT

i know for sure that his original application was for medicine and he got rejected by leeds, newcastle, leicester and someone else. he got an offer for bio med and Imperial but he turned it down.

he then applied to LSE to do economics.. sureley there is no other way for him to apply after his original application was rejected but through extra.
    Surely, he's pulling your leg then? lol :p:
    If he wasn't strong enough in his own subject (medicine) to get any offers, then surely LSE Economics isn't for him. No offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali M)
    well he never said extra to me BUT

i know for sure that his original application was for medicine and he got rejected by leeds, newcastle, leicester and someone else. he got an offer for bio med and Imperial but he turned it down.

he then applied to LSE to do economics.. sureley there is no other way for him to apply after his original application was rejected but through extra.
    I hate trolls ... especially when they think its true :mad:

(Original post by bodybuilder22)
    oh so your story is changing... gradually
    well.. theres no other way to apply after your original application has been rejected other than extra.. so im assuming right.

i will get his email soon, and post it on here for you all to see when i do.. that is unless he admits hes lying.. but i dont think he wud lie to me.

ReputationRep:
    Not likely. i certainly dont believe it.

(Original post by minimo156)
    I hate trolls ... especially when they think its true :mad:
    ooohhhh FFS.. what reason would i have to lie to you all!?!

i am just telling you what i have been told..

(Original post by random18)
    Surely, he's pulling your leg then? lol :p:
    If he wasn't strong enough in his own subject (medicine) to get any offers, then surely LSE Economics isn't for him. No offence.
    but medicine is massivley competative.. there was a guy at my college who got rejected from med even though he got FIVE A's at A Level.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm... so any news?

(Original post by thegluups)
    Mmm... so any news?
    not yet.. he said he'd email me it later on.. im leaving outlook on.. as soon as i get it, its up on here.

ReputationRep:
    We'll know by September people. Keep calm ..

ReputationRep:
    It's quite funny how everyone is getting worked up about this so much.
    I'm going to remain neutral on this until i see the proof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-lover)
    We'll know by September people. Keep calm ..
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali M)
    but medicine is massivley competative.. there was a guy at my college who got rejected from med even though he got FIVE A's at A Level.
    Economics at LSE is massively competitive too. And they don't even got through extra, I'm sure they don't...?
    Why would they accept a med applicant when they have already turned down hundreds of excellent economics applicants? that wouldn't make sense...if it were actually true.

Stop being a self centered lying ****
    oh dear.. any need to get so worked up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpearson)
    Is that necessary?
    maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali M)
    oh dear.. any need to get so worked up?
    no comment :p:

(Original post by ValiumBob)
    lol OP your friend is joking with you, either that or you are messin with us.
    Either way, your friend didnt get into lse for economics via extra
    hmm.. like i say, hes been my best friend forever and when we wer talking about it he was being deadly serious. so i really dont think he is lying..

there is a remote possibility that he got in.. who knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpearson)
    It's quite funny how everyone is getting worked up about this so much.
    I'm going to remain neutral on this until i see the proof.
    Lol, i think that most of the people getting worked up about this are LSE rejects , who feel that, if this really is true, then it is very unfair
    => i got rejected from LSE for Gov and Eco, and if this story is true... well I want to hear about it lol

But I agree, he probably got in to LSB... or something along those lines...

ReputationRep:
    maybe
    How is he being self centred? How is he being a ****?
    The odds that his friend is right are stacked against him, but what's so wrong in trusting what a friend says? If is friend is lying, then it's his friend that is the ****, not him.

(Original post by Witness23)
    Economics at LSE is massively competitive too. And they don't even got through extra, I'm sure they don't...?
    Why would they accept a med applicant when they have already turned down hundreds of excellent economics applicants? that wouldn't make sense...if it were actually true.
    EXACTLY what im thinking.. i just dont know.. i only know what iv been told. ill get more info soon though..

ReputationRep:
    It may seem unlikely, but it's not completely unbelievable with the grades in question. Top Universities have been known to use Extra and especially to use clearing. It's just rare.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 20, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.