Collar up in a collar t-shirt Watch

MadMatt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
No. I visited Imperial College once and only the geeks were wearing trouser and shirt.
Try some of the "elite" unis. It might suprise you just how many people dress smartly. Especially in the top London unis.
prospectivEEconomist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Imperial college is one of the best...
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think collars up can look hot on guys

As long as you're not doing it in a chav manner - Adidas trackies and reebok top etc.
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rosaaa)
I think collars up can look hot on guys

As long as you're not doing it in a chav manner - Adidas trackies and reebok top etc.
Lol, nah - only jeans and khakis for me.
smalltownboy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I sometimes "pop" my Lacoste or Ralph Lauren collars if i'm in the company of "rah's" (Wimbledon/The Open/certain parts of London etc). Mainly because I have a shameless desire to impress.
NeverMindThat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MadMatt)
Try some of the "elite" unis. It might suprise you just how many people dress smartly. Especially in the top London unis.
I went to Oxford and saw more collers up than any other form of clothing, plus the people who wore collered polo shirts were the same ones likely to wear proper shirts on other occasions.

Basically theres no blanket description for any style of clothes, its how you pull it off, what you wear with it and what the overall look is like.

In this threat MadMatt you look like an utter tool. I hope there is a clothing style I can use to recognise (and avoid) people like you.
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol, nah - only jeans and khakis for me.
Then go for it!

Wear what you want to at University.
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NeverMindThat)
In this threat MadMatt you look like an utter tool. I hope there is a clothing style I can use to recognise (and avoid) people like you.
Wow, my thoughts exactly
MadMatt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NeverMindThat)
I went to Oxford and saw more collers up than any other form of clothing, plus the people who wore collered polo shirts were the same ones likely to wear proper shirts on other occasions.

Basically theres no blanket description for any style of clothes, its how you pull it off, what you wear with it and what the overall look is like.

You have a right to condone chavism. Personally, I'd have the lot jailed
9mm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is it chavvy? MY friends seem to think so , but it looks kinda cool if you have the right sort of collar t-shirt.
There's nothing worse than 'Collar Poppers' - who cared if it looks chavvy, it just looks plain stupid. :p:
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is nothing inherently chav about a collred-up polo shirt, in fact, its a stereotypically 'posh' public-school clothing choice, albeit less so nowadays.

The clothing your referring to is shiny nylon tracksuit tops, which in my opinion look bad no matter who is, or how they are, wearing them
kftjkp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why the frig does it matter. do what you want with your t-shirt.
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Models on catwalks wear their collars up.
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/pr...productDetails

How are these chinos for casual wear? I know its cheap but I don't want to spend that much lol.
MadMatt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
There's nothing worse than 'Collar Poppers' - who cared if it looks chavvy, it just looks plain stupid. :p:
I'll reiterate your point with an illustration since most people don't seem to understand:

MadMatt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/pr...productDetails

How are these chinos for casual wear? I know its cheap but I don't want to spend that much lol.
Next Summer sale starts on 19th July.....they have some decent clothes.
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
Next Summer sale starts on 19th July.....they have some decent clothes.
I swear it has already started?
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll reiterate your point with an illustration since most people don't seem to understand:

Name any item of clothing and Ill find you a picture of someone looking like an idiot wearing it.

The people in that photo are what looks stupid, rather than the clothing
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow you're annoying.

It's called having an opinion, just because ours is different to yours doesn't mean we don't understand.
MadMatt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I swear it has already started?
Nope, almost all sales have now started but Next is always last...and biggest...by far.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads