mixed-race?? Watch

Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mixed race isn't a racist term what the heck?
Do you mean "half-cast" because that is.

Mixed race literally means that.

:rolleyes:
Faiza.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Philosoraptor)
Mixed race isn't a racist term what the heck?
Do you mean "half-cast" because that is.

Mixed race literally means that.

:rolleyes:
Lol. Nobody said that it's a racist term

People are debating on what you would define as mixed race and the sort of people that are mixed race.
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Faiza.)
Lol. Nobody said that it's a racist term

People are debating on what you would define as mixed race and the sort of people that are mixed race.
Ah I just noticed you are right!
The person was talking about half-cast like I was.
Sorry :p:
Faiza.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Philosoraptor)
Ah I just noticed you are right!
The person was talking about half-cast like I was.
Sorry :p:
Ha. No need to apologise :p:
Peter121PRO
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Running Mind)
Jamaica is in the Carribean. Presumably the poster is native Jamaican. Native Jamaicans are not classified as black; they are more latina looking.
Jamcians are black they are from the west indies, my mums jamican and dads nigerians my mum said in her jamicans family theres indians in it too so so i have jamican 50%, Nigerian 50% but some form of indian inside me too. Even though i look black completely.
Peter121PRO
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mr_magoo)
jamaicans are not black? don't talk stupid...the person would be a mix of cultures yes, but the person would still be ONE race (black). For instance, if he was born in the UK but his mum was black (nigerian) and his dad was black (jamaican) then he would be full black, coming from two different cultures.
yes your right but my mum is jamican and my dad is nigerian lol
ChosenOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Peter121PRO)
hey people would you class some whos half jamican(in the Caribean) and half nigerian(In africa) mix race.
I would say so, race is to do with skin colour and facial features. Most people can tell an African from a West Indian so i would say they're two different races even though we (West Indians) descend from Africa Africa is still our motherland.
ChosenOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jamaica is in the Carribean. Presumably the poster is native Jamaican. Native Jamaicans are not classified as black; they are more latina looking.
Oh really! LOL ! im half Jamaican, Jamaicans are black and not latina looking. We descend from Africa!
Ruthie!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Being English and Scottish does not make you mixed race. Race is defined as the ethnic background of an individual. In demographics, race refers to black, Chinese, Indian, Caucasian etc. So no, you would be a pure Caucasian (i assume?).

I am of mixed race because my mother is Chinese, and my father is Caucasian.
Yeah I get what you mean but like I said it depends on what the person believes to be race, as many scots people, who I know, I don't mean to sound prejudice or racist, class themselves as VERY different from the english. so it depends if you count it as countries colour etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads