The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

amldawson
I ended up going to IAIS today instead of the 4th (needed to go in half term as I'm having to stay here over night! So very very far from home...!) Was dead good though! Asif you were the only one there! There were like 20 of us there today, and I thought that was few! Are you defo going for Exy?

I'm not kidding ! I was the only one there ! Yeh Exeter is my firm choice, how about you ? تتكلم اللغة العربية ؟
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 41
How good is that though, having such such concentrated attention from all the lecturers and everything! I really liked the institute but I'm concerned about Exeter as a city- it's a bit small isn't it? Don't know what student life would be like?
Yeh it was pretty cool ! But then again I would have liked to have met some of you guys who would be on the course with me :smile: For me, I have lived near Exeter all my life so it's not a concern (even though I wish I was going just a little further away from home for uni!). It is small but everything you need is there, and it's not far from other big major cities. I'm really not too bothered, I'm sure when we get there we would all have a great time, there seems to be a really good atmosphere there :smile:
amldawson
I ended up going to IAIS today instead of the 4th (needed to go in half term as I'm having to stay here over night! So very very far from home...!) Was dead good though! Asif you were the only one there! There were like 20 of us there today, and I thought that was few! Are you defo going for Exy?

Are you also applying for Arabic and Middle Eastern studies?:smile:
She_Bittersweet
Are you also applying for Arabic and Middle Eastern studies?:smile:

Be a bit pointless going to the IAIS if she wasn't :tongue:
:rolleyes: "Sighs"
I wonder how many students are actually applying to this course,more frequently i check this page,the more new applicats i find
True. The more females, the better...
For you,yes :smile:
Reply 48
Lol yes I am. I don't think there are that many, everytime I go to an open day I bump into the same people lol. Although, when i went to Cambs they said they'd never had so many people apply and that they had very limited places.
Have any of you got offers yet? Mine is ABB.
I have also noticed the uneven ratio of boys to girls! Hmmm! x
Yeh I got my offer in November, also ABB. And same here when I was at Cambridge I then saw exactly the same people at Oxford ! No doubts I have probably seen you before I just don't know it !
Uneven ratio? How do you mean?
I always love the fact that maths is near enough 50/50 boys/girls, probably leaning a bit more to the girls. To Quote one of my SAS lecturers: 'Girls in Boys areas' xD
Sephrenia
I always love the fact that maths is near enough 50/50 boys/girls, probably leaning a bit more to the girls. To Quote one of my SAS lecturers: 'Girls in Boys areas' xD

That's what it's all about.
FiveFiveSix
That's what it's all about.

Oh Yeah. I was at the back of the lecture and there were 4 of us girls all doing maths. We had fun not laughing xD
Reply 54
FiveFiveSix
Uneven ratio? How do you mean?

I just mean there seems to be a lot more girls applying than boys! Which is a bit unfair if you ask me! x
amldawson
I just mean there seems to be a lot more girls applying than boys! Which is a bit unfair if you ask me! x

How many people do you know who are applying for Arabic and Middle Eastern studies?

Just out of curiosity :smile:
amldawson

Ah, I disagree.

Yes, I am most certainly looking forward to September...
Reply 57
She_Bittersweet
How many people do you know who are applying for Arabic and Middle Eastern studies?

Just out of curiosity :smile:

Erm, well when i went to the Manchester open day for Arabic etc, there were about 20 of us (about 4 or 5 guys!) When I went to Cambs there were tons though :redface:(

I don't know anyone at my college who's taking it though, and people look at me weird when I tell them what I want to study! Lols x
amldawson
Erm, well when i went to the Manchester open day for Arabic etc, there were about 20 of us (about 4 or 5 guys!) When I went to Cambs there were tons though :redface:(

I don't know anyone at my college who's taking it though, and people look at me weird when I tell them what I want to study! Lols x

Lol,exactly the saMe here,:yep: so ur not alone :wink:
I get that too.

'So, what are you studying?'
'Arabic'
'Oh...'

Haha, it's all good fun.

Latest

Trending

Trending