Why do guys never chat me up? Watch

royale_sufi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lord Lawz)
I just saw the profile pic. It probably doesn't have much to do with what you look like - though I'd still take the advice about looks on board as it should improve your confidence. I can't tell you what you're doing wrong from an internet forum. Just try to look like you're having a good time, and that you're enjoying yourself. People always want to hang around where the fun is. Go out more - bars/ clubs etc. Learn to dance (salsa lessons etc...). Guys usually approach girls but why not approach guys? If you get rejected, so what? It's such a stupid fear - it's more embarrassing for the person rejecting. Keep going up to guys until you get accepted. Each time your approach improves. As Michael Jordan said 'You miss 100% of the shots you never take'.
That a nice saying. Im going to take that advice as best i can now ive heard that, Thanks!
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just saw the profile pic. It probably doesn't have much to do with what you look like - though I'd still take the advice about looks on board as it should improve your confidence. I can't tell you what you're doing wrong from an internet forum. Just try to look like you're having a good time, and that you're enjoying yourself. People always want to hang around where the fun is. Go out more - bars/ clubs etc. Learn to dance (salsa lessons etc...). Guys usually approach girls but why not approach guys? If you get rejected, so what? It's such a stupid fear - it's more embarrassing for the person rejecting. Keep going up to guys until you get accepted. Each time your approach improves. As Michael Jordan said 'You miss 100% of the shots you never take'.
Thanks, yea thats the main thing I think with all girls, fear of rejection:p: Maybe my boring lifestyle is partly to blame then guess I'l have to get out more.

That last quote is good too!
The Socialite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous,)
The thing is I hardly ever go to pubs or clubbing I just go to work and play tennis thats it I see loads of guys and ask them stuff but they never appear interested.
Well...why not change that and go to pubs/clubbing more often? Or if you want a place where you can actually talk to guys, go to a swanky bar and sit around nursing a martini until you spot someone worthy of your conversation...

I think the problem here is that you don't feel confident enough to put yourself out there. Even if it goes terribly wrong the first time - who cares? You don't ever have to see them again if you're embarassed, and hell - he might even find it endearing compared to most of the loud-mouthed overconfident annoying girls out there. The more practise you get, the more confident you'll become so jump in the deep end and give it a try.

Livs
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
and dw...i dont get chatted up...mainly coz i happen to be around people or with someone...however i do horned at, or whistled at by the most weird, and freakiest and perhaps perverted men...*not nice!!

again dw, maybe there is someone special out there for you!..like there is for me and other single girls in the world...wait..one day you will get your prince charming
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Really makes no difference, but that's a Wayne Gretzky quote, not Michael Jordan.
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by The Socialite)
Well...why not change that and go to pubs/clubbing more often? Or if you want a place where you can actually talk to guys, go to a swanky bar and sit around nursing a martini until you spot someone worthy of your conversation...

I think the problem here is that you don't feel confident enough to put yourself out there. Even if it goes terribly wrong the first time - who cares? You don't ever have to see them again if you're embarassed, and hell - he might even find it endearing compared to most of the loud-mouthed overconfident annoying girls out there. The more practise you get, the more confident you'll become so jump in the deep end and give it a try.

Livs
I'l try those things thanks
largebrandon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous,)
I'l try those things thanks
I'm quite curious about your appearance, though.
$am0th
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my chatting up skills with the ladies is often good, but never works
xSplashx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry OP. The only 2 times I've been chatted up were in a club by a pair very drunk and pervy guys. Not that much fun.
jenren22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
High heels. Does it every time .
Lord Lawz
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xSplashx)
Don't worry OP. The only 2 times I've been chatted up were in a club by a pair very drunk and pervy guys. Not that much fun.
Oi! We weren't that drunk!
xSplashx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oi! We weren't that drunk!
You couldn't even stand up right.:p:
Lord Lawz
Report 10 years ago
You couldn't even stand up right.:p:
You were so drop dead gorgeous, it's a wonder I could stand up at all.#groovy#
lewis321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well maybe its not the OPs problem. im a guy and ive never or felt the need to chat a girl up. i dont like it. and i do just fine without doing so
alettertoelise
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe you don't realise you're doing stuff, like looking away the second a guy looks at you, so that they take your shyness in the way they think you are definately not interested?
saoirse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I cant see the picture? am i doing something silly?
2PointZero
Report 10 years ago
Were they calling you Nat - tally :confused:
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
a similar thing actually happened to my aunt. there is such a thing as being too beautiful for men that want to approach you, but not beautiful enough for the 'hotties' to approach you. its better in this case if you go to them.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kayzy)
i'm like you OP i never get chatted up :sad: the only time i ever get any attention is when i go clubbing

i think i'm pretty approachable but maybe not, i'm quite shy most of the time so think that may have something to do with it but maybe i'm just hideous
I'm guessing those pictures in the back room aren't pictures of you then :p:
Frannnnn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
smile!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads