play.com service Watch

kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Used them a lot and it's fine. But I am surprised at the number of complaints about amazon's delivery times. I've always found it to be quicker and very efficient. First class delivery is usually 2 days from order (so if you order last thing wednesday you'll get it by friday morning) and the super saver delivery is about a couple of days later but thats not a problem since I've hardly ordered stuff from there I need urgently

Both very good IMO
hazzypants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
play.com is great! love it, so cheap, and free delivery
Jabbamuffin
Report 10 years ago
Play.com??

The site should be called:

ifgodexistedthenthiswouldbehiswe bsite.com

Yeah, I rate them for good service.
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've purchased quite a few things off play.com. No complaints, delivery takes a few days. The prices are really good too.

(If you're buying books, check on waterstones etc for the prices, as I bought a few books from play and realised I'd paid nearly double than how much they were in waterstones )
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As most people have said its quick delivery with little mistakes.
I've started to use it more than Amazon as it tends to be cheaper
kayzy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
play.com is brilliant :^_^: the stuff arrives really quickly as well, i got my last order two days after i ordered it ;grin;
Laen
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I've used them quite a few times for DVDs, never had a problem. Have usually arrived in 2-3 days. Never more than 5.
MJE
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've always preferred Amazon myself.

Play do free delivery, but they always charge the books I want at full price, whereas 95% of the time I can find a discount somewhere on Amazon. And in my own experience, it's a little faster.

But both are good.
icapturethecastle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thanx everyone for the reviews
but it asks for 'Valid from date'...and i don't have one of them on my card, just the 'expiry date'
and it won't process my order ....anyone else had this problem?
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Play.com is amazing. Great range of goods, incredibly cheap even on new items, free delivery and a good site.
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tami*)
but it asks for 'Valid from date'...and i don't have one of them on my card, just the 'expiry date'
usually you can leave it out
valid from dates usually only apply to solo cards
beccadimambro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah they're brilliant, I love shopping online but I really resent having to pay P&P so it's quite ideal for me. Also, I've bought from 'used' section on play.com, or whatever it was, and those things took about a day longer (because it wasn't play.com dispatching them), but still, very satisfactory .
beccadimambro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tami*)
I've not personally, no. Maybe your card is incompatible with their payment methods?
live.laugh.love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i've bought a few things from there and never had any problems. the delivery is fairly quick aswell.
redux345
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just bought a book off play that claims to be a signed edition but it isn't signed, thats the only problem i've ever had with them though
Surfers_Paradise*09*
Report 10 years ago
Brill, cheap/bargain items, free postage and posted within 24 hours. What more could we ask for!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads