YouTube Habits Watch

annarchy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had just presumed they had access to and were using this information long before this report came out.

I couldn't care less, I've gotten very used to the idea of every form of media being used as research for more advertising and money-making schemes by big corps. Why not, they have bills to pay too.
naivesincerity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can't get into trouble for watching something thats been posted can you?
Easy E
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Use proxies.
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sure I've watched plenty of things that infringe copyright on YouTube, but how the hell am I supposed to know what that constitutes as anyway?
wizard710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...tube-data.html

12 Tb - 12,000 gigabytes
IGX_RSV2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got nothing to hide so why not? The only people who are concerned are probaly people who have been looking at stuff they shouldnt have.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't like Google - they seem to always be doing this. And, IMO, yes.

BTW, I don't look at stuff I shouldn't, I just really don't like people having information about me (can you tell by my profile? ). In fact, today I kicked up a huge fuss because I didn't want my 6th form having my e-mail address...They didn't get it
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BonziPogo)
I've got nothing to hide so why not? The only people who are concerned are probaly people who have been looking at stuff they shouldnt have.
Is it actually illegal to watch copyrighted videos on youtube?
Lucy :)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Already a thread
OiaB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
does the judge understand the sheer size of "four terabytes" of information...?!
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't care if they know that I may have watched some copyright on youtube. If the video doesn't say that it is ilegally uploaded and that the copyright owner has not given permission howt he hell am I supposed to know? I can just say that I assume that everything on Youtube was viewable (which it is). What are they going to do? Lock you up or ban you from the internet for watching a 10 minute clip on South Park?
OllyThePhilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lucy :))
Already a thread
Actually I think there are already two threads.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They're anonymising all the data. Viacom only want it to prove in court how many non-compliant videos have been watched, from my understanding of the news stories about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads