?
Report 10 years ago
I agree.
dismal_laundry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The poor guy, sounds like he is off his rocker. At least he's apparently not violent.
Theevilone
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Just shut the fck up okay you guys?
Dont speak if you dont know the real story, or even far from it. And all you IB wannabes- please stop bringing it into everything. Dont worry, a super intelligent guy has just had his life destroyed, but you will get your M&A job.

i know him. brilliant student. one of the few who knew what was going on in lectures. dont know what happened, or how it did. am fcking shocked and this thread is not making it any better. thank god too many current students and friends of his dont visit this thread..or atleast i hope they dont.

empathise a little bit with them, will you?
DannyBoy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some of us have been trying to empathise, others...haven't. I don't see what IB has got to do with it though lol.
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well...I personally didn't know the guy but I have friends who do. And yeah there are people on this forum who know him.
zxczxc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Theevilone)
Dont speak if you dont know the real story, or even far from it. And all you IB wannabes- please stop bringing it into everything. Dont worry, a super intelligent guy has just had his life destroyed, but you will get your M&A job.

i know him. brilliant student. one of the few who knew what was going on in lectures. dont know what happened, or how it did. am fcking shocked and this thread is not making it any better. thank god too many current students and friends of his dont visit this thread..or atleast i hope they dont.

No. He just destroyed his own life.
tourist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Theevilone)

I think the people who know him, self included, probably don't want to post about the incident on the internet.
Theevilone
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DannyBoy123)
I don't see what IB has got to do with it though lol.
I know it doesnt. Precisely what I was trying to highlight in response to some ridiculous comments above about this incident dropping IB's ranking/perception of LSE etc.
Johan C
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rnshan)
I agree. I do not know, how LSE will recover from this?
What are you all, ****ing ******ed or something ? You think this will even enter recruiters' minds when they're considering hiring LSE students ? One FORMER student goes nuts and it's the end of a century-old institution's reputation ? It'd hardly affect our rep if this guy were a mass murderer ; as an armed robber, he's completely irrelevant.
smoosabitmega
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Johan C)
What are you all, ****ing ******ed or something ? You think this will even enter recruiters' minds when they're considering hiring LSE students ? One FORMER student goes nuts and it's the end of a century-old institution's reputation ? It'd hardly affect our rep if this guy were a mass murderer ; as an armed robber, he's completely irrelevant.
I thought he was being ironic... in fact i think most of the OMG LSE WILL FAIL comments are sarcastic
Johan C
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by smoosabitmega)
I thought he was being ironic... in fact i think most of the OMG LSE WILL FAIL comments are sarcastic
Andy_thingy may have been ironic, but I'd bet my life this guy wasn't.
SamLowry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have no sympathy for him at all. Serves him right. Whether or not he is a student at LSE makes no difference in any regard.
Johan C
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gizmoleeds)
I agree. It is worth remembering reading some of these comments that LSE's rep wasn't particularly harmed by former LSE student/international terrorist Carlos the Jackal, so I doubt an armed robber will do too much... :rolleyes:
Precisely.
rnshan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Johan C)
Andy_thingy may have been ironic, but I'd bet my life this guy wasn't.
Oh -Lord - look what LSE life has already done to your head.! You need to lighten up mate.
Fossi2
Report 10 years ago
Let me clear all this up for all of you who dont know him. Will Mears was basically psychopathic, i know i was in the same hall as him. I knew him personally. He was threatening and confrontational all the time, very few people liked him or even spoke to him. If you want a good idea of his character check out his facebook page. I find it very hard to believe he had a gambling problem from what i know of him. BUT he is in an absolute minority the 1 in a 1000. "theres always 1" etc. theres probably one in every year.
zxczxc
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Truesay.
squarebobspongepants
Report 10 years ago
i knew this guy, i was in halls with him. even his friends became scared of him, he clearly had huge psychological problems
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is this for real? That guy is very well known around the LSE! He added everyone on Facebook.
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah his profile is quite cringeworthy. His religious views are listed as: ' My **** is much bigger than yours, my **** can walk right through the door'. His interests ('making racist and homophobic jokes', 'casual sex and generally causing a lot of havoc and being rebellious' whilst they may be faceitious, they are also embarrassing...). His 'about me' section is disturbing to say the least: Will Mears. It's a cool name. I go to the London School of Economics. That's right the LSE. The LSE. If you haven't heard of it then you're either a 13yo chav or a moron - not that these are mutually exclusive. Right, about me. I'm outgoing, contraversial and a bit ****ed up, but who isn't. I'm not a chav, I'm not a jock, I'm certainly not a geek. I don't fit any stereotype - I'm Will Mears from MK. I'm Will Mears from MK and I'm proud to be Will Mears from MK and I am very confident. I don't like goons.

Just a shortened version of a longer section.
DannyBoy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Xanthe)
Xizhe isn't it...? Yeah his profile is quite cringeworthy. His religious views are listed as: ' My **** is much bigger than yours, my **** can walk right through the door'. His interests ('making racist and homophobic jokes', 'casual sex and generally causing a lot of havoc and being rebellious' whilst they may be faceitious, they are also embarrassing...). His 'about me' section is disturbing to say the least: SevenDeuceOff. It's a cool name. I go to the London School of Economics. That's right the LSE. The LSE. If you haven't heard of it then you're either a 13yo chav or a moron - not that these are mutually exclusive. Right, about me. I'm outgoing, contraversial and a bit ****ed up, but who isn't. I'm not a chav, I'm not a jock, I'm certainly not a geek. I don't fit any stereotype - I'm SevenDeuceOff from MK. I'm SevenDeuceOff from MK and I'm proud to be SevenDeuceOff from MK and I am very confident. I don't like goons.

Just a shortened version of a longer section.
LOL if any of his fellow in-mates happen to stumble over that he is going to be in the ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (482)
37.8%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.61%

Watched Threads