James May tells the BBC to 'sod off'! Watch

Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does the artic even have drink driving laws? if not, they why does it matter, if they dont, why does it matter, any body with an ounce of sence can reliease the only thing they where in danger of hitting was snow. They where hardly pissed, you could see that on the show.

I wonder how many complaints where made about clarkson last series, driving that boat down the themes while being on the mobile phone :eek: going at 9pmh or whatever he was limeted to when he was.
Overground
Badges: 17
Report 10 years ago
'ZOOMG TOp Gerrr guise ar so much legendz!!!11 Clarksun 4 PM yeah! He's so urn-PC lmfao!!11'

No. I hate the whole Top Gear/Clarkson/I'lldriveasfastasIgoddamnpleaser egardlessofchildrencrossingthero adorthelaw culture.

It's pretty irresponsible to be drinking at the wheel when they know loads of kids watch the show. I think any overlapping of driving and alcohol is bad, such as selling it in petrol stations. It's just a bit stupid really, people will copy it, get pissed and hit some poor mother and baby somewhere. I'm not laughing.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
Maybe someone whos' child has been killed by a drink driver perhaps
Well maybe that child shouldn't have been left alone wondering around the arctic?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Overground)
'ZOOMG TOp Gerrr guise ar so much legendz!!!11 Clarksun 4 PM yeah! He's so urn-PC lmfao!!11'

No. I hate the whole Top Gear/Clarkson/I'lldriveasfastasIgoddamnpleaser egardlessofchildrencrossingthero adorthelaw culture.

It's pretty irresponsible to be drinking at the wheel when they know loads of kids watch the show. I think any overlapping of driving and alcohol is bad, such as selling it in petrol stations. It's just a bit stupid really, people will
copy it, get pissed and hit some poor mother and baby somewhere. I'm not laughing.
i disagree with everything you have said there.
it was just a bit of fun its not as if they were getting smashed they werent over the limit. these are good drivers and even if they did hit a penguin it would be their fault not the alcohol.
i bet your like 12 and think you have half a pint and you completely loose all hand eye coordination.
and if you are older i put it to you that you have atleast once in your life broke a speed limit, what if you had hit someone?
what if i cut myself and bleed to death?
what if pigs were blue and could fly?
what if anything how many people copy what they see on tele anyway i know i have enough self restraint to not be influenced.
dreadnaut
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
....they cleared this up, in the programme they were on international waters, so they were sailing.....in areas without drinking limits while at the helm.

being serious, i dont think they realise how much sway they have over the general 18-30 male population, and to be shown drinking and driving does send out the wrong message in a speed culture. ah well.

Still, they weren't stinking drunk, and no one was around, the only thing they were at risk of was crashing their truck.....which was built like a tank anyway.

Besides, they had model-Jesus to guide them
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i just dont know how someone could take it seriously they must have a funny bone of steel
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Well maybe that child shouldn't have been left alone wondering around the arctic?

No because its about a culture of irresponsibility. Clarkson has already admitted to speeding on public highways. It sends out the wrong message and was not needed. They did it on purpose to be provocative.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do some people really have nothing better to do in their lives than complain about stuff like this? Top Gear lot rule anyway :love:
noodles!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go James! <3

I believe they were on the sea technically, anyway.
Shask
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
This is truly headline breaking news. I mean, he didn't actually explicitly say it - he just said that it was something he thought whilst reading his newspaper. But still, I'll have trouble sleeping tonight.
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They were in a foreign land where there weren't drink driving laws and there were no people about that were going to get hurt by him.
(It was a great episode ) Go Top Gear :p:
History Lost in Physics
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
complete ledgend i want him for PM
But where would you put Boris?
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by History Lost in Physics)
But where would you put Boris?
Put Boris? hmm.. How about they take him to the north pole and leave him there? :p:
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
James May was banned from writing for a motoring magazine for making the starting letter in each column spell out a hate message for the job ::p:
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Who?
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by marcusmerehay)
James May was banned from writing for a motoring magazine for making the starting letter in each column spell out a hate message for the job ::p:
Hahahaha, that was so funny

(Original post by James may)
So I had this idea that if I re-edited the beginnings of all the little texts, I could make these red letters spell out a message through the magazine, which I thought was brilliant. I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was to the effect that "You might think this is a really great thing, but if you were sitting here making it up you'd realise it's a real pain in the arse". It took me about two months to do it and on the day that it came out I'd actually forgotten that I'd done it because there's a bit of a gap between it being "put to bed" and coming out on the shelves. When I arrived at work that morning everybody was looking at their shoes and I was summoned to the managing director of the company's office. The thing had come out and nobody at work had spotted what I'd done because I'd made the words work around the pages so you never saw a whole word. But all the readers had seen it and they'd written in thinking they'd won a prize or a car or something
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...MayAutocar.jpg

He is easily the best on top gear.
maria0208
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love James May, what a legend. And very attractive he is too :love:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.36%
No - but I will (21)
5.56%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (184)
48.68%

Watched Threads