Whey Protien or Creatine? Watch

Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by solo2wolf)
i mean its not the "most tested" thing on the market. far from it.
"The scientific community is onboard with recognizing the benefits athletes can experience from taking a creatine monohydrate supplement. In fact, creatine monohydrate has received more attention and has been subjected to more research studies than any other sports supplement being sold.

Over 200 clinical studies have been conducted using creatine monohydrate in just over a decade. Not bad when you consider that the majority of the research was conducted at universities, without the mega-dollars from the pharmaceutical industry.

By now, I think creatine monohydrate has as much research behind it as most of the billion dollar drugs."

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu8.htm
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MeAndBubbles)
In all the time I've been in here I've never seen you post more than a sentence. Not to worry.

Go to the paragraph titled: Casein-free diet. Read and learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

Try and expand your vocabulary, swearing isn't impressive and it scares the ladies.
you cant have been here long.
Herr Stamper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In all the time I've been in here I've never seen you post more than a sentence. Not to worry.

Try and expand your vocabulary, swearing isn't impressive and it scares the ladies.
Well i used to post here a lot (before your time) but soon realised what with all the appearance of idiots and what not i'd sit back and get my laughs from this site (your doing a good job) and post properly on proper dedicated fitness forums. Check my sig for one example of this.
MeAndBubbles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lara C.)
ive never posted a picture of me doing a bicep curl no.
i mean a front body shot flexing a left bicep.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Herr Stamper)
Well i used to post here a lot (before your time) but soon realised what with all the appearance of idiots and what not i'd sit back and get my laughs from this site (your doing a good job) and post properly on proper dedicated fitness forums. Check my sig for one example of this.
ive been meaning to do that for some time now. atm im only a member of bb.com and dont post there much either. this forum seems to have everything i want (albeit more modestly), fitness, motoring, keele section,

any recommendations? somewhere easy to join with not so many members.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i mean a front body shot flexing a left bicep.
yes that may be me. theres two of them floating around, ones a few month old the other a few years. you can tell the difference :rolleyes:
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well i used to post here a lot (before your time)
Herr Stamper is new though

(Original post by HS)
but soon realised what with all the appearance of idiots and what not i'd sit back and get my laughs from this site (your doing a good job) and post properly on proper dedicated fitness forums. Check my sig for one example of this.
Never seen your journal before (I hide sigs so never ever look) and you've had some mega gains mate, v. impressive!

You gonna post some shots on your journal?
Herr Stamper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive been meaning to do that for some time now. atm im only a member of bb.com and dont post there much either. this forum seems to have everything i want (albeit more modestly), fitness, motoring, keele section,

any recommendations? somewhere easy to join with not so many members.
ESN is the only one i know of with only a bit over 100 members. Most of which originate from Myprotein forums. Muscletalk has a lot of members but not all of them post week in week out. I found that by joining bigger forums you get little links in people sigs to other sites and forums and its all one big community which links everyone together.
Herr Stamper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady Venom)
Herr Stamper is new though

Never seen your journal before (I hide sigs so never ever look) and you've had some mega gains mate, v. impressive!

You gonna post some shots on your journal?
Why u needing some more bean flicking material are ya? Jokin...

Im not plannin on posting any shots, because i don't care that much about appearance but moreso on the numbers. Its what powerlifting does to ya.
U_Avin_A_Laff
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
creatine should be taken before the workout, it gives short powerful bursts on your workout so u can do more reps. u should take protein after ur workout. both together would probs be best. i havent looked at side effects of creatine but they sell it in the shops so it must be fine:rolleyes:

didnt read the other posts sayin exactly wot i typed lol.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ESN is the only one i know of with only a bit over 100 members. Most of which originate from Myprotein forums. Muscletalk has a lot of members but not all of them post week in week out. I found that by joining bigger forums you get little links in people sigs to other sites and forums and its all one big community which links everyone together.
ill have a looksy.

o and a few shots wouldnt hurt. i seem to recall you making a promise to me that you would,
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive never posted a picture of me doing a bicep curl no.
I don't think that's what he meant...
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

...Not exactly damning, 'casein may be linked' means that there is little or no correlation/evidence, just like the autism-mmr link, etc.

Yes, casein may be more allergenic/difficult to digest compared to rice, etc, but we could say the same about soya, large amounts of people are allergic to soya, it is a significant problem in animals as well, plus it is 'thought to be linked' to cancer. We could say the same about gluten and any number of food products/compounds.

I know you are a vegetarian/vegan/whatever, but please, stop spouting militant vegan/vegetarian propaganda which is exaggerated, distorted and/or untrue.

(Original post by dandan)
I have a friend who is a NHS dietician, she says that studies suggest some anecdotal evidence that long use of creatine is bad for the kidneys but the jury is still out. She just said don't take it all the time, which seems sensible with regard to any type of drug.
Creatine has been in use for decades by thousands of people. If it is so dangerous surely we would be seeing an epidemic of renal disease, death, etc? Have we seen such a problem? Is there any evidence that in healthy individuals who take a safe/healthy dose receive any long term negative health implications? NO.

What your dietician friend is taught is that creatine is bad, just like maintaining a low carb diet is bad, just like eating a high saturated fat diet is bad, it is not the whole picture, it is just a knee jerk reaction to prevent liability. It is much easier to tell the lemmings not to eat saturated fats, it is far more difficult educating them on how to eat a balanced diet with saturated fats in moderation and alongside an exercise regime.

Of course some of this stems from creatine cycling where people take significantly higher doses compared to someone with a steady but low intake. If said person has renal disease and/or doesn't drink sufficient water, with a very high creatine and/or protein intake, they're going to create problems. But if you are perfectly healthy, take creatine/protein/whatever in moderation, and drink sufficient water you have little if anything to worry about. It's all about getting checked out, being healthy and knowing what you're doing.
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Face,

meet palm.
MeAndBubbles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
...Not exactly damning, 'casein may be linked' means that there is little or no correlation/evidence, just like the autism-mmr link, etc.

Yes, casein may be more allergenic/difficult to digest compared to rice, etc, but we could say the same about soya, large amounts of people are allergic to soya, it is a significant problem in animals as well, plus it is 'thought to be linked' to cancer. We could say the same about gluten and any number of food products/compounds.

I know you are a vegetarian/vegan/whatever, but please, stop spouting militant vegan/vegetarian propaganda which is exaggerated, distorted and/or untrue.

Creatine has been in use for decades by thousands of people. If it is so dangerous surely we would be seeing an epidemic of renal disease, death, etc? Have we seen such a problem? Is there any evidence that in healthy individuals who take a safe/healthy dose receive any long term negative health implications? NO.

What your dietician friend is taught is that creatine is bad, just like maintaining a low carb diet is bad, just like eating a high saturated fat diet is bad, it is not the whole picture, it is just a knee jerk reaction to prevent liability. It is much easier to tell the lemmings not to eat saturated fats, it is far more difficult educating them on how to eat a balanced diet with saturated fats in moderation and alongside an exercise regime.

Of course some of this stems from creatine cycling where people take significantly higher doses compared to someone with a steady but low intake. If said person has renal disease and/or doesn't drink sufficient water, with a very high creatine and/or protein intake, they're going to create problems. But if you are perfectly healthy, take creatine/protein/whatever in moderation, and drink sufficient water you have little if anything to worry about. It's all about getting checked out, being healthy and knowing what you're doing.

Well there must be some explanation of the high heart disease in the west. And the China Study conducted by T Colin Campbell examines this. It's funded by Oxford University. I believe it to be true. So I'll post what I think is true, unless you are acting like thought police. Right, so don't be an idiot and stop posting so much.

I like how you make my link spurious and doubtful and then you make the link between soy and cancer quite firm. I think you're off your head. And a complete hypocrite to say that about soya, when you accuse me about casein.
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well there must be some explanation of the high heart disease in the west. And the China Study conducted by T Colin Campbell examines this. It's funded by Oxford University. I believe it to be true. So I'll post what I think is true, unless you are acting like thought police. Right, so don't be an idiot and stop posting so much.

I like how you make my link spurious and doubtful and then you make the link between soy and cancer quite firm. I think you're off your head. And a complete hypocrite to say that about soya, when you accuse me about casein.
Wind your neck in and calm down.

Casein? Another word for whey. It's an animal protein and increases colesterol, blocks the arteries and increases your risk of heart diseases. Go the natural route and don't cheat.
And:

In all the time I've been in here I've never seen you post more than a sentence each post. Not to worry.

...Now, for a start what you said in the first quote has already been dismissed as an exaggeration and misinformation. You then tried to proven/justify/whatever your argument with the following link. Now, the link says 'casein may be linked', that is not proof or evidence and the China Study doesn't go any further to prove that either. If there was indeed a confirmed correlation and link, they would have clearly stated 'there is a link...' or 'there is a strong correlation between...'. Look at it like a scientist. Science is not based on 'mays', 'buts' and 'ifs', it's based on fact and evidence, something that the links and articles you quoted don't provide. There is also the fact that the study simply takes into account meat/protein/animal product consumption and disease incidence, it fails to mention anything about exercise/lifestyle, vegetable and/or fruit intake, etc. The lifestyle of our eastern brothers is vastly different to our own and disease incidence within a population is hugely more complex than animal product consumption.

You can believe what you want, but making wild sensationalist, unproven statements is only going to misinform the public and create more problems. And you can post what you 'think' is true, but if it isn't we will pick it apart (as has been done by several people already).

As for soya and cancer, if you read closely i did not make my argument any more meaningful or weighty than yours, the phrase 'thought to be linked' is very similar if not the same as 'may be linked', if it makes you feel any better i will change thought to may. As it stands it is on the same ground as casein being linked with cancer, there is little or no evidence, just like there is little or no evidence linking autism to the mmr jab, etc.

Post less? If you didn't give myself and the others less opportunity to pounce we wouldn't. Plus this is coming from the person who has posted several times pushing dodgy concepts while trying to wind up and insult the regulars? :hmmm:
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the reason i like chocoholic is cause he has the energy to fight off these noobs for us. i think he deserves a round of applause
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I fought off a noob a few months ago. Cupid Stunt still hasn't been back, to my knowledge.

But yes, chocoholic is doing a sterling job.
FluxC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
MeAndBubbles if I remember is just a stupid skinny vegan who doens't know wtf he is talking about.

The others who say creatine is damaging and all this crap, holy hell makes me want to cry. Also creatine vs protein lmfao, they are completely different things.

People who have had a gym membership for a week and spout broscience should be banned.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
chocoholic is mental. I doubt theres anything about fitness he doesnt know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads