No, Blackout Crew, no, don't put a donk on it. Watch

GeorgEGNT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm quite dissapointed it went commercial because its now been released to the likes of some people who have quoted on this thread, who although they already know they dont like this music, they will still listen to it and make sure they insult every second of it. Donk is a type of music not just a random word they've made up for the song.

All I'm saying is to leave it be if you dont like it. Theres no need to come on this forum and insulting them, and the stereotypes of the people you believe to be the only audience listening to it. I personally like it, its something different to listen to every now and then. These 'lowlifes' so to speak are good at what they do, and it pleases their audiences.

I dont particularly like alot of indie music for example, so I dont stick up a video of a song I dont like and start abusing it, I think a few people on this thread need to get a grip, but then again, your only wasting your own time.
Rant over.

For everyone else, yes I do agree, this tunes great! good to dance to.
bobisnotforsale
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
you lot need to lighten up its ******* hilarious.
its not meant to be serious. dnt get me wrong i hate most ****** chav music but this is ace, just hilarious
Cooljack
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Theres a documentry about the Donk scene on the vice website, it's hilarious as far as production goes as they have subtitled all the northern people in it, it's pretty depressing and scummy though, more so than I thought it would be

http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=12185178001
L A U R E N .
Report 10 years ago
Its very obvious to me that alot of these people who are ****ging off this song for no apparent reason dont come from the northwest and haven't the slightest clue what sort of music we listen to.
& who ever called it rap, please update yourself. Its called MC-ing. Just to let you know.
Blackout have only made that song fairly recently, they had their time a few years ago when their songs seemed to be alot better. Other MC groups such as Frequency, Sanctury, Zone, Afterdark, Medicine, Amenity, Total Velocity, Killer Kombo. The list goes on of really talented MC's. Alot of people try and MC and never succeed as it is an art + not many people have got the skills to be able to do it. So i give them all a round of applause for putting up with all the s**t they get from people who dont even come from the north west + don't know the difference between good and bad MC, when they've listened to one f****ing song!
Northeners live for dance music. Everyone knows that. Born Ravers.
Wigan Pier. Heard of it? Well who hasn't is more the question.
People from all over the country come to Wigan, where i am from myself, just to come to that one club, because of all the amazing recommendations it has had. It is truely a top night out, as i have experienced.. So anyone who isnt from the northwest, and is up for bangin out a sick rave, thats your place.

Mindd youu, shouldnt really be telling you to go, if all you idiots who **** off northerners cant handle it hardcore.
Dont **** us off if you have never been to the north westt.

We'll show you how its done.
(Y).

Over and outt.
x
someone_else
Report 9 years ago
Botticello
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:sigh: Is this all this decade has to offer?
mattyb17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like the tune, its chavvy but I love it, but thats just my opinion, haha
69Crazyfists
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My staple diet is death metal and I love blackout crew!
So yes put a banging donk on it!
69Crazyfists
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by someone_else)
I'm a producer in Scouse House/Bouncy Trance (Donk as you call it), producing original vocal tracks, etc, we release tracks of good quality and have done for over 5 years, and look upon the Blackout Crew as an infectious disease! A Bad Bad Bad one!

It's humiliating for our scene, and basically gives all the people (like the ones on here) the right to think donk (bounce/scouse house) is sh#t and unprofessional. When, in reality there are some very good producers within the scene who also release tracks in Trance, Electro & House, under alias names.

To the people who say it's obvious they don't take themselves seriously, hmmm, well you have not met them, as they are up there own arses, and they genuinely think that they are the dogs ********.

I can't believe AATW would even sign something like that, but, you have top give it to The Blackout Crew and AATW, look at us on here talking about them and calling them, yet they're out there on Music Video's, I know it's ridiculous!

I do dress in sportswear and I would be initially judged as a chav myself from the way I dress, I'm not giving my name as I don't want to stir things within the scene.

I'm just so glad I could give an opinion on this utter sh#te! To also hopefully make people see that some of us are actually professional producers and can actually write real music, but we choose to do it in a dance fashion

Can I just say...
You sound a little up your own arse yourself. Music is all about opinion. You work in the industry so you should understand that the fact they have become somewhat successful means that they have done something right. And well... you haven't...
Just saying...
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
People need to lighten up. Sure it's a silly song but it's funny to watch. It's not complete and utter sh!te, but it isn't very good either way imo... I hate all these chavvy stereotypes too. People who mention that are snobbed up fecks. I know some people who dress like chavs and are the nicest of people. Obviously you get the ones who dress like that and are utter ***** too. But the stereotype for chav is ridiculous despite my dislike of the fashion myself anyway. Generalisations is what fragments british society anyhow.
GeorgiaRosie
Report 9 years ago
umm, believe it or not this music is actually quite popular in the north west? its offensive to brand everyone who listens to it as a 'chav'. its also really snobby, its music all the same and if it makes people happy respect it! its funny because uni students are meant to be so pc about most things and yet are quick enough to compare the blackout crew to nazis??? but at the end of the day you are the ones discriminating against a whole genre of music and branding and stereotyping everyone who listens to it lol and YOURE meant to be the liberal ones haha
herenseti
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's a joke. A donk is a bassline that follows octave couplets of the I II and III of a minor scale.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads