Partying/Random Hookups/One night stands or just nerds? Watch

Lidka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by priya)
There are no fat students at the University of Cambridge. well, maybe the odd one, but about 98% of people are slim/normal weight. Particularly the girls. Result- coming home to visit my local Asda store on a saturday afternoon was visually quite taxing (but made me feel better for not being overweight myself)
I personally find it a bit weird that so many of the students (particularly the girls) are slim. I'm not saying that I'd rather everyone was obese, but it just seems a bit unnatural. And if you've an eating disorder and you're at Cam, I think it can mess with your head a bit.

Sorry, that was a bit off-topic. I agree with epitome, anyway, as always. :p:
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm personally very glad not to have many overweight individuals. It's crowded enough in the centre as it is.
Lidka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
I'm personally very glad not to have many overweight individuals. It's crowded enough in the centre as it is.
True, true...
coldfish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dad commented on the general slimness of Cambridge students after my graduation too.
epitome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by coldfish)
My dad commented on the general slimness of Cambridge students after my graduation too.
Yep -- my mum did too, when we first arrived! Also, how tall lots of the women are (though, admittedly, the first person we saw when I arrived at college was over 6'...!).
Demoskratos7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by coldfish)
I find the whole slim student thing a bit disconcerting as well. Does everyone just eat food from their college and nothing else?

Maybe it's just me, but exam & essay stress has had a terrible effect on my fat ******* physique.
Lidka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Demoskratos7)
I find the whole slim student thing a bit disconcerting as well. Does everyone just eat food from their college and nothing else?

Maybe it's just me, but exam & essay stress has had a terrible effect on my fat ******* physique.
If students ate only food from their college then I reckon the average weight would be much higher. All we get at Clare is carbs. *shudder* Unless stress means that students don't put on weight during term?

Comfort eating can be a good thing. :p: I am, for the first time in my life, a size that most shops stock. :eek: I expect I'll shrink as the vacation goes on, though.
epitome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lidka)
I am, for the first time in my life, a size that most shops stock.
Yet you could still fit quite comfortably in my rucksack. :p:
Lidka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by epitome)
Yet you could still fit quite comfortably in my rucksack. :p:
:eviltongue:

Ι want to call you something nasty in Greek, but I can't think of anything... :p:
epitome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lidka)
Ι want to call you something nasty in Greek, but I can't think of anything...
You could call me something perfectly benign with the semblance of vindictiveness, and I'd be convinced. I don't yet know enough vocab to be able to tell. Though I could probably work it out if you were talking about boats...there seems to be a lot of nautically-related vocab, for some reason!
Lidka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by epitome)
You could call me something perfectly benign with the semblance of vindictiveness, and I'd be convinced. I don't yet know enough vocab to be able to tell. Though I could probably work it out if you were talking about boats...there seems to be a lot of nautically-related vocab, for some reason!
I can see the acropolis! :eek: Can you see the acropolis? etc. etc. :p:

/offtopic
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The height and weight observations probably has a statistical basis...
when we had medical statistics teaching way back in preclinical one of the datasets was height/weight of Oxford female medical students v. population comparisons & they were significantly taller and lighter!
</trivia>
epitome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lidka)
I can see the acropolis! Can you see the acropolis? etc. etc.
Hahaha! Indeed. (Though I really relaly hope it's actually in 3rd person, not 1st, as that's how I translated it...please don't get me more confuzzled by it than I already am!).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed