Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Don't be silly Sitara, of course David would notice. We would all notice. I know you want to be free but you shouldn't think the worst of those who love and care for you the most. You are strong. You're strong to get this far and I know that things aren't over for you yet. You are not futile.

Hugs.

My dreams are so real .
:hugs: what do you mean? are you ok? do you want to talk about them pet?

anyone heard from vie recently? x
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I'm not ok, if I'm honest. I just had really vivid dreams last night. I saw two people I really care about in a shop and they were so happy to see me. They both held on to me for ages and I felt so loved and cherished. It just felt so real but it wasn't real because I woke up . And then there's this recurring dream/daydream that really disturbs me. I used to be able to tell when I was dreaming but I get confused as to whether I said stuff in my dreams or in real life.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feeling reet awful again

I can't stay, unfortunately, but I'll be back later. :hugs: to everyone, and thanks Liz for last night
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I hope you have a nice day, hun... or as nice as it can be whilst you feel like this.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Eep, a whole week alone in the house...God, I hope I don't relapse...
xemilyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Eep, a whole week alone in the house...God, I hope I don't relapse...
Same situation. It's really scarin me. Plus, I'm never very good when I am on my own. I get paranoid. Have awful nightmares, worse than usual, and hear voices as I go to sleep.

We can help each other if you like sweetie :hugs:
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I wish I could share your enthusiasm. I wish I could say, YES, you're right! Why didn't I think of that before! But honestly, hun, it is not that easy. I'm sorry but you cannot understand if you just think it's tough. It's nigh on impossible to do the things you suggest. No, I tell a lie. It isn't impossible. It just doesn't make things better. I don't wake up thinking 'I won't enjoy anything today'. It really is not like that. I try to think positively and I try to be happy. I try SO unbelievably hard to not be or feel like this. I would rather have a physical illness than this. I would rather puke my guts out everyday than have depression. I can't laugh . God I sound so miserable. I don't understand your OCD but I appreciate it must be hard for you. I wouldn't tell you to stop doing it because, as with depression, it is not so straightforward.
I suppose when there's nothing specific making you depressed,it's hard to find a solution to the depression Whereas with OCD people tend to get depressed because of the OCD rather than actually being depressed themselves. I would suggest other ways you could help yourself get over your depression but I can't think of anything else. But people do get out of depression,so there must be ways,the worst thing anyone can do is feel sorry for themselves,not that I'm saying anyone here does - but it definetly doesn't help anything.
Have you tried anti-depressants because I know when my brother had depression -from taking drugs in amsterdam however:rolleyes: -they helped him alot?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I rarely feel sorry for myself. I feel angry but not sorry. I'm on antidepressants, yes.

Thanks.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xemilyx)
Same situation. It's really scarin me. Plus, I'm never very good when I am on my own. I get paranoid. Have awful nightmares, worse than usual, and hear voices as I go to sleep.

We can help each other if you like sweetie :hugs:
You have the dep soc to turn to so don't worry about being alone. :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I'm not ok, if I'm honest. I just had really vivid dreams last night. I saw two people I really care about in a shop and they were so happy to see me. They both held on to me for ages and I felt so loved and cherished. It just felt so real but it wasn't real because I woke up . And then there's this recurring dream/daydream that really disturbs me. I used to be able to tell when I was dreaming but I get confused as to whether I said stuff in my dreams or in real life.
Laus, I'm pretty certain the dreams will be a side-effect of the venlafaxine, but if they're becoming a real problem you should probably tell your doctor and see whether you need to change medication.

Are you ok otherwise (i.e. blood pressure, anxiety etc.)? Take care, and feel free to PM me if you want to chat about anything.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
:cry: i feel so alone. davids working at an open day today which means im spending a whole day alone at uni. i just want something to do, and the staff wont give me anything to do, despite me saying, if its easier i wont get paid. i just hate feeling so futile.

i dreamt last night david strangled me, and then of the bombings. i guess im just a mess and cant be strong anymore. sometimes i wonder if he would notice me gone, i am so tempted to just jump into the lake and be free...
Sitara, is there anyone you could visit for the day until David gets back?

I can't begin to imagine how awful things must be for you, but killing yourself isn't the way to free yourself. You have so much to offer to the world, and the world has so much to offer you. Don't ever forget that.

No-one should have to go through what you went through, but you will get through it one day.

Take care.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Laus, I'm pretty certain the dreams will be a side-effect of the venlafaxine, but if they're becoming a real problem you should probably tell your doctor and see whether you need to change medication.

Are you ok otherwise (i.e. blood pressure, anxiety etc.)? Take care, and feel free to PM me if you want to chat about anything.
I think so too. I don't want to change medication again, unless they can supplement Efexor with something else. Whether or not that will help with the dreams, I have no idea.

I don't know what my BP is. I feel quite jittery but my anxiety isn't as bad as it has been, although it seems quite bad today.

Thanks for being there. I really appreciate it. How are you today?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm ok at the moment - quite looking forward to going back to uni in October, but scared that I won't be able to cope. College have agreed to monitor my progress untill December, and then see if I need to have any course extensions or extra exam time. They've been really supportive in that respect.

I finally came off the waiting list for the NHS CBT recently, but I'm finding it a bit rubbish really. I think I might be better off going back to the private therapy. I kind of wish the government would spend a bit more money on getting CBT quickly to people who need it rather than messing around with dentists, but that's probably just me being selfish.

I wonder how much it would cost to run a part subsidised system, where patients see CBT therapists privately, but with part of the costs paid for by mental health charities or the government.

Have you got anything sorted with regards to a therapist Laus, or is there still not one available in your area?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I'm really pleased uni is being supportive. Perhaps things will not be so hard this time round.

I know what you mean about CBT.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist (will be my third time next time I go) and two people on the 28th of July. The former does a lot of assessing but we don't work on anything in particular, really. I'm glad for the support. The weeks in-between seem torturous when I feel this low.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
:hugs: what do you mean? are you ok? do you want to talk about them pet?

anyone heard from vie recently? x
I know that vie registered on the other website (as did elements), but I don't know any more than that.
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
You have the dep soc to turn to so don't worry about being alone. :hugs:

Thank you sweetheart :hugs: hope you're feeling a little better xxx
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
I'm ok at the moment - quite looking forward to going back to uni in October, but scared that I won't be able to cope. College have agreed to monitor my progress untill December, and then see if I need to have any course extensions or extra exam time. They've been really supportive in that respect.

I finally came off the waiting list for the NHS CBT recently, but I'm finding it a bit rubbish really. I think I might be better off going back to the private therapy. I kind of wish the government would spend a bit more money on getting CBT quickly to people who need it rather than messing around with dentists, but that's probably just me being selfish.

I wonder how much it would cost to run a part subsidised system, where patients see CBT therapists privately, but with part of the costs paid for by mental health charities or the government.

Have you got anything sorted with regards to a therapist Laus, or is there still not one available in your area?
:hugs: How much is private therapy?

I'm having private Relate therapy and it is about £40 per hour! But worth every penny. (Relate is no longer a charity)
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
:hugs: How much is private therapy?

I'm having private Relate therapy and it is about £40 per hour! But worth every penny. (Relate is no longer a charity)
My therapist charges £70 per hour, but I think it varies. My parents pay for me, but I know that a lot of people just can't afford it.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How are you today, Tufts?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I couldn't afford to pay that much, neither could my parents. Tbh, I don't think someone talking to you/you talking to them is worth that much. If it helps then I guess it's worth every penny. It just doesn't seem right that people make money out of our misery.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise