Report 10 years ago
i'm yet again more confused than ever

i know i shouldn't read these threads...tis all far too complicated
Rob500
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate that some* girls can't take a compliment at all, it almost makes me want to turn round and say "yes, your bum looks bloody enormous in that".

EDIT: even worse, when you have to justify paying them a compliment :mad:

*meaning all
francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rob500)
I hate that some* girls can't take a compliment at all it almost makes me want to turn round and say "yes, your bum looks bloody enormous in that".

*meaning all
i can take a compliment.
i'm all for the compliments. more compliments i say!
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)

I've got an example of how you shouldn't say things. I was watching TV with a girl and she called a girl on TV fat, when she clearly wasn't. What I meant to say was:

"That's ridiculous. You have the perfect body in every way, and she is thinner than you. She's too thin and therefore not as hot as you."

What I actually said was:

"You're fatter than her."

You seriously did. She called her fat, and you said, you're fatter.
Harsh man, harsh.
username138327
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
I've got an example of how you shouldn't say things. I was watching TV with a girl and she called a girl on TV fat, when she clearly wasn't. What I meant to say was:

"That's ridiculous. You have the perfect body in every way, and she is thinner than you. She's too thin and therefore not as hot as you."

What I actually said was:

"You're fatter than her."

Unsuprisingly she was rather annoyed at me, and however many times I tried to explain what I actually meant she would just get more annoyed at me. And then I got annoyed at her for being so damn stubborn.
That's pretty bad. It might be worth putting cotton wool in your ears for the next infinite amount of years you spend with that girl.
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FireDeuce)
You seriously did. She called her fat, and you said, you're fatter.
Harsh man, harsh.
Yes but then I explained that she isn't fat at all.

Seriously, in my head I meant it as a compliment, it just came out very, very wrong:p:
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fellas)
That's pretty bad. It might be worth putting cotton wool in your ears for the next infinite amount of years you spend with that girl.
Nah she got over it. Although it's a good thing she wasn't my girlfriend because I'm quite sure she would have dumped me if she were.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Arteta)
Maybe it's just one of my weird theories/observations. I can't expect anybody else to reason with my twisted logic.
Maybe you just have extraordinarily high expectations of "hot" women? :p:
villaboy
Report 10 years ago
loud girls annoy me. screaming and shouting etc. argumentative ones...it is a personality trait unfortunately. a short fuse...in fact that can be said about blokes as well.
loads and loads of make up. its fake and therefore unattractive. you think you need it when ironically it is doing you less favours than you think! i always think that girls wearing too much make up probably arent LTR material
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Nah she got over it. Although it's a good thing she wasn't my girlfriend because I'm quite sure she would have dumped me if she were.
gd gd mate. I learnt the hard way.
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Yes but then I explained that she isn't fat at all.

Seriously, in my head I meant it as a compliment, it just came out very, very wrong:p:
But you know... once we've got that in our heads.. it's a case of lalalaala not listening.

Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Arteta)
I also hate how they're always tucked up in bed at 10pm, and wake up again at like 6. They also seem to be better at doing coursework...the guys I know start their coursework the night before...girls start like 3 months in advance. They're too punctual!
aahahahaha punctuality. i do everything the night before its due in.
Im an Epic Fail at coursework
and this would be me at 6 am :coffee:

i do agree with most of the complaints, but i promise, were not all like that
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
That fact that they call all guys shallow even though most of them would never date us ugly guys.
newman24x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by narutoamv)
their indirectness... if that makes sense :P

:dito: owh how i hate this why do they always have to confuse me or make me guess what they are saying...
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*****ing spreading rumours etc
having to interpret everything they say (speak in riddles)
superficiality (fit girls always friends with other fit girls and always go on about who's pretty etc)
newman24x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
being so damn stubborn.
maaajor ditto

once they get annoyed, it is as if we had just killed some one...hate the silent treatment
Grace Under Pressure
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Asking stupid question like:

"does the colour of this hat make my ankles look fat?"
Lucia.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
having to interpret everything they say (speak in riddles)
:rofl: haha I'm so guilty of that...and the silent treatment stuff - I just get confused when guys don't say things clearly and then I say things clearly and they don't get it :p:
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When they say "fine" and then silence...

When they disagree with you when you say they're hot or any compliment, the reason for this I've found out is that they want you to say "are you crazy! you soo fine" i.e. pile on the compliments.
Music Is My Boyfriend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Hypocrisy.

And that they seem to all think I'm an excellent friend.... :rolleyes:
Aha! Guys do that to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads