it was sick fam, r u dizzy blood?
*Cringes*
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexxxx)
I've seen the three white lads who got stabbed on the news far more than Ive seen anyone else. I dont know, maybe its just the news I watch?! I was only wondering if anyone else had noticed.
I don't think it's colour related.
The three white lads were innocent and attack wasn't gang related, thats all.
Fiasco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bateman)
The vast majority of gun and knife crime are gang related, but you're right it's not exclusive to the black community.

Anyway, I thought the programme was a pretty real and stunning interpretation of life for some people in London. Having lived and grown up in London, I have known many people like the characters in the film; stabbing's, robberies, the lot. However, my biggest gripe with the film is the heavy dramatisation of the black police officer. I think it focuses a disproportionate amount of time on him, and seriously hope gun and knife crime is taken more seriously by police. I also found the ending a bit lacluster.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fiasco)
The vast majority of gun and knife crime are gang related, but you're right it's not exclusive to the black community.

Anyway, I thought the programme was a pretty real and stunning interpretation of life for some people in London. Having lived and grown up in London, I have known many people like the characters in the film; stabbing's, robberies, the lot. However, my biggest gripe with the film is the heavy dramatisation of the black police officer. I think it focuses a disproportionate amount of time on him, and seriously hope gun and knife crime is taken more seriously by police. I also found the ending a bit lacluster.
I agree with you. Some of the young characters seem very accurate in terms of language, behaivour etc. The police always in their face is a bit unreaslistic and the black officer is over-kill.
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I don't think gun and knife crime has anything to do with the police, but rather schools, homes and estates.
jus-mi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by el_ninio)
it was sick fam, r u dizzy blood?
lol some serious street talk you got to remember not everyone on this thing is from london.....
angel_sista
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there anywhere where it's being replayed though?
Youngs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexxxx)
I've seen the three white lads who got stabbed on the news far more than Ive seen anyone else. I dont know, maybe its just the news I watch?! I was only wondering if anyone else had noticed.
I agree. There is also not the immediate suggestion of the victim being in a gang, which in my opinion is irrelevent anyway. The loss of life of anyone so young is a tragedy.
Youngs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bateman)

And all the black lads weren't innocent?!:rolleyes:
Youngs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
However, my biggest gripe with the film is the heavy dramatisation of the black police officer. I think it focuses a disproportionate amount of time on him,
I actually thought this aspect of the film was very good and showed a number of issues. He showed that whilst it is difficult to achieve success despite an unprivelged background it is possible and requires you to take responsibility for yourself(notice in a lot of the documentaries on this subject that the lads interviewed always say that this is the only way for them to make anything of themselves and it's someone elses fault etc).
He also showed the racism in the police force which I'm sure still exists.
He showed how having a police force which understands the local community is important.
He also exposed how the media and police force seem intent to label gun and knife crime 'a black community' problem, it's not a problem with the 'black community'. It's a problem with individuals within the 'black community'.
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Youngs)
I actually thought this aspect of the film was very good and showed a number of issues. He showed that whilst it is difficult to achieve success despite an unprivelged background it is possible and requires you to take responsibility for yourself(notice in a lot of the documentaries on this subject that the lads interviewed always say that this is the only way for them to make anything of themselves and it's someone elses fault etc).
He also showed the racism in the police force which I'm sure still exists.
He showed how having a police force which understands the local community is important.
He also exposed how the media and police force seem intent to label gun and knife crime 'a black community' problem, it's not a problem with the 'black community'. It's a problem with individuals within the 'black community'.
I felt it was all a bit cliché. Especially things like taking matters into his own hands, charming the girl to get information out of her, squaring up to the gang members, trying to turn one of their lives around, a connection to the estate and the victim, etc.

:rolleyes:
Youngs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I felt it was all a bit cliché. Especially things like taking matters into his own hands, charming the girl to get information out of her, squaring up to the gang members, trying to turn one of their lives around, a connection to the estate and the victim, etc.

:rolleyes:
I don't think it was cliche, it allowed the film to show a side of the story that a lot of people won't have seen before. It was one of the best parts of the film in my opinion.
Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought Fallout last night was amazing!!

Sure, everyone on that show was an annoying little &&&&&&&& who pissed me off more than the cast of characters on BB9, but that was realistic. These people are meant to be detestable. Killing the only boy who showed any signs of difference - who was intelligent, sensitive, deep was a thoroughly crap thing to do and none of them even repented for it, which was tough but realistic. And the ending was great, moving, not how I wanted it to end, but believable.
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think it was cliche, it allowed the film to show a side of the story that a lot of people won't have seen before. It was one of the best parts of the film in my opinion.
It was complete fiction, I don't think people need to see a side like that because it doesn't exist; whereas the other characters were believable.
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fallout was good.That guy from Kidulthood was in it.
The ending was rubbish and I was really conufused about that policeman he was kinda creepy.

A good watch though

P.S:That was filmed on the aylesbury estate 5 minutes away from where I live.
Youngs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was complete fiction, I don't think people need to see a side like that because it doesn't exist; whereas the other characters were believable.

If you read my earlier post I explained that he showed a number of important parts to the story which aren't normally shown. Whilst it is unrealistic to have all of these aspects shown through one policeman in such a short space of time you have to remember that this is a story, it is fictional. The writer obviously had a number of points to make and this character made them. He was crucial.
Youngs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nayberay)

P.S:That was filmed on the aylesbury estate 5 minutes away from where I live.
I thought it was! It took me a while to work out where I recognised it from.
TKnightrider
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)
yet they don't start a 'Pedestrianising Britain' series.
I think you might be being slightly synical.
x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by angel_sista)
Isn't 4OD supposed to be a pain in the backside?
it doesnt work at all for me
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought it was! It took me a while to work out where I recognised it from.
That is one grimey dirty estate..Its gonna get knocked down within the next 5 years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads