Sharia Law Watch

UniOfLife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't say we'd be better without the vote, I said countries were better run when the vote was more limited.
Grim_the_Reaper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by UniOfLife)
I didn't say we'd be better without the vote, I said countries were better run when the vote was more limited.
I'm sure that's what Hitler thought too.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Grim_the_Reaper)
I'm sure that's what Hitler thought too.
Godwin's Law. You fail. :mad:
Danman0704
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is it me or is this a traditional CHRISTIAN country. I have no problems with muslims but in my opinion there should be no space for sharia law in our legal system.
Grim_the_Reaper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If Muslims want to live under Sharia law then that's fine by me. As long as they move to a country which already has it.

Furthermore, don't many muslims come here to escape Sharia law in the first place?
Goddess Fury
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Different cultures making their own laws in Britain..... Will we be seing this in the UK any time soon http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4748292.stm
Prince Rhyus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...rvey_rejected/

Bary Malik, chairman of the Bradford branch of the Ahmadiya Muslim Association, said he was shocked at the findings [of the think tank "Policy Exchange" claiming British Muslims wanted to see Sharia law imposed in the UK].

He said: "There are 73 sects of Islams (sic). There is not one form of Sharia law.

The problem with straw polls is that they are misleading."

He said he knew many Muslims who were persecuted in their home countries so would not want to live under Sharia Law.
Prince Rhyus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CHAMON)
I'd go as far as to say, let them bring shariah in and the hand cutting would go down a treat. Look at the rise in knife crime. hack the hands off. UK is too soft on *****!
Someone's already offered it to Telegraph readers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1576066/'We-want-to-offer-sharia-law-to-Britain'.html
joker_900
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, as a matter of principle. Whichever bits are allowed, they're still a part of a backward, oppressive and cruel ideology.
Don_Kamikaze
Report 10 years ago
If both parties agree to it then why not? Whether they are Jewish or Muslim I guess they will feel happier choosing the law they want.

As for applying Sharia law in the UK to non-Muslims that is pretty much self-contradiction. The Sharia law clearly states that it should not be applied to non-Muslims.
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
Yes, because under Sharia law, no one gets burnt alive.
Although many would disagree, I find it almost sad that religion can be grounds for prossecution in such a way that in many cases it is essentially an extreme extension of the law that seems almost excessive and oppressional.. I find it difficult to believe that some religions enforce religion in a way that in today's society seems almost primative.

I don't know much about sharia law and its implementation to make a comment that isnt 'limited', so maybe someone can clarify - but from what I understand it is/would act as a law in it's own right to muslim undertakings, supported by current laws rather meaning the creation of new laws? ie.muslim contractural arrangements, supported by existing legislation, with contracts based around the sharian law? can anyone correct me?
Ironic_Really
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One problem I can see with this is the interpretation of Sharia law. There is no set guide on interpretation of the law and while the two people would both have to consent to the system, this assumes that both parties would understand which interpretation would be taken, or even that different interpretations existed.

Furthermore there is always the problem of people being pressured into proceedings they do not want to settle disputes (arranged marriages being an example), the system would therefore not necessarily help muslims.
skillipedia
Report 9 years ago
As a matter of fact two eyes of one, if you ask me. If there is no deterrent whatelse could stop you from comitting any sort of crime?
I would have them greedy bankers' balls clipped and would cut the tongues of those who sent the army to Iraq.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise