American man gives birth Watch

Kalashnikov
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Formica)
She's a man in the same way that my computer is a pineapple. If they have a womb, a vagina, produce eggs and can give birth, they are not a man - no matter how much they pretend to be one. Until the equipment gets changed she is still a woman, and no amount of dressing up will change that.
I agree.

I actually find this quite disgusting.
zeropoint
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kalashnikov)
I agree.

I actually find this quite disgusting.
I think disgusting is a bit far, it is defiantly odd, but it is their choice if they wish to change themselves. Although I assume there was a due amount of consideration and counselling before he was given the sperm donation.

I would like to think that he would have thought of his child's welfare before his own desires.
Airel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not really a man is it.
cantthinkofaname
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zeropoint)
I think disgusting is a bit far, it is defiantly odd, but it is their choice if they wish to change themselves. Although I assume there was a due amount of consideration and counselling before he was given the sperm donation.

I would like to think that he would have thought of his child's welfare before his own desires.
it is disgusting! it should be illegal, its not natural, its just a freakish experiment and the mental torture the child shall suffer from being born from a ****** is unforgivable, the childs welfare has not been considered and this is a breach of his own human rights.
you have a draw a line somewhere, otherwise this could get out of control.
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have no problem with it. He was on Oprah and he and his wife seemed very happy and normal. The kid might get made fun of, but honestly that doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to have a child. Tons of kids get made fun of regardless of how their parents are.
cantthinkofaname
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ang|ophi|e)
I have no problem with it. He was on Oprah and he and his wife seemed very happy and normal. The kid might get made fun of, but honestly that doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to have a child. Tons of kids get made fun of regardless of how their parents are.
but they know its going to happen, so why even put the child through it knowingly? if she wanted a child she shouldnt of gone for a sex change.
Holsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Muppety_Kid)
I think you're right in that nobody has the "right" to a child, but I don't really see any problem. I mean, the girl will have a mum (his wife Nancy) and a dad - she doesn't need to know where babies come from straight away.

The only part of this I objected to was calling him a "pregnant man". The fact that he was legally a man, and was also pregnant, does not necessarily make him a "pregnant man" (it's deductively invalid - all cows have four legs, that animal has four legs, so it must be a cow). He was carrying the child inside his female reproductive organs, which is something any other man couldn't do.

I guess I was being pedantic. Either way, I'm perfectly comfortable with this man having kids.
Agreed! Very well and logically worded too. I just exclaimed, "He's not a man! He has an effing womb."
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cantthinkofaname)
but they know its going to happen, so why even put the child through it knowingly?
It isn't as if that child would be born with any health defects. Doctors said that it was a normal pregnancy. I don't think that they should be forced not to have a child becuase society deems it as wrong.

(Original post by cantthinkofaname)
if she wanted a child she shouldnt of gone for a sex change.
Well that makes no sense at all. He did want to have children. That's why he kept his female organs.
cantthinkofaname
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the parent is the problem, this is spread accross world media so it is unlikely to be a secret to the childs peers.
if he wanted children why have a sex change? or at least have the child first. we talk of the downsides of divorse and single parent families, but this is on a different level!
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
Agreed! Very well and logically worded too. I just exclaimed, "He's not a man! He has an effing womb."
I had a similar reaction, although I did accept he was a man (using the legal definition - I've recently finished a Law course and I'm into the habit of accepting legal definitions now). However, I did pull a face like an injured footballer and say something like "but that's not right!".

I wonder who started calling him a pregnant man...
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Weird.
ConservativeNucleophile
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Until this "dude" grows a tallywhacker, he/she/whatever is still female as far as I'm concerned. To refer to him/her/whatever as a man is to ignore basic biology. A woman who has a double mastectomy and grows facial hair is not a man.
imomo16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I read that s/he is actually not a transsexual, but only got a sex change so he could marry his/her lesbian partner because gay marriage is illegal in their state.
Wtf? Why didn't they just move to one of the states where it is legal, or to the UK or Spain or somewhere as supposed to going to these extreme lengths.
I find it quite insulting to actual transsexuals who go through so much trauma about their sexual identity that s/he could take such a thing so lightly. Also, if they wanted a child why couldn't they adopt instead of pulling a stunt like this and probably giving that poor kid some pretty extreme emotional problems and identity issues, not to mention the bullying.

I'm not going to refer to her as a him because if she is not actually a transsexual (a man trapped in a woman's body) then she is still female to me, regardless of her body.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by imomo16)
Wtf? Why didn't they just move to one of the states where it is legal, or to the UK or Spain or somewhere as supposed to going to these extreme lengths.
Lol, I'd say moving house was quite extreme. Especially to a new continent!

It's not that simple you know. There's a job to think about (jobs don't just magically appear when you move house), friends, family, the surrounding environment. Not forgetting whether you can actually sell the house or not.
hazzypants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by angel_sista)
I feel sorry for the kid, who is almost destined to fail biology.
ROFL
Cynicism 101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good for him. I'm proud of him for doing this very brave thing.
MimbleWimble
Report 10 years ago
Why get a sex change if you're going to try and have a kid? Sounds idiotic.
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Technically 'he' really isn't a man. And same, when I looked at the title at the story I was expecting some medical feat. No, it's just effectively a ******.
But I do feel sorry for the kid. Is this guy going to be his mum.. or dad?...
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Marsha2112)
Technically 'he' really isn't a man. And same, when I looked at the title at the story I was expecting some medical feat. No, it's just effectively a ******.
But I do feel sorry for the kid. Is this guy going to be his mum.. or dad?...
Although I'm a little uncertain about the whole situation why "feel sorry" for the kid. For all you know he could have two great parents?

There may be the bullying element but we all get bullied.
imomo16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Lol, I'd say moving house was quite extreme. Especially to a new continent!

It's not that simple you know. There's a job to think about (jobs don't just magically appear when you move house), friends, family, the surrounding environment. Not forgetting whether you can actually sell the house or not.
Fair enough, but I'm still confounded as to why getting married was so important to them. Surely It can't have made that much difference to their lives?

Well, its different strokes for different folks and good for them if this makes them happy, but it seems a pretty bizarre way to go about things in my opinion.
Especially as from what I've read (and bear in mind this was in the sun) she isn't actually a transsexual. Why couldn't they jus have adopted or gone for a more conventional approach to sperm donation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads