Physics? Watch

NS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazyhelicopter)
Unless I'm very wrong you aren't actually currently a medical student. Do you know anything about the course? Have you attended lectures? Have you passed any exams?

I have, and as a result I feel that I am slightly more qualified to discuss the benefits of certain subjects.

As I said, it doesn't matter if you do physics or RS (particularly as a 4th AS). Yes you need 2 sciences but the OP is taking Biology and Chemistry, a third science will be of no benefit for application and of little benefit during the course itself
Yeah, you're a medical student so must be correct. Forget what anyone else says; we're all wrong. It's not like we have relatives or anything studying medicine to gain insight from. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you've yet to cover the topics that Physics will help you with. You are after all "only" 4 years into the course. You've yet to complete your degree. Also, how would you know Physics will be "of little benefit during the course" unless you somehow managed to take (and complete for that matter) the course with studying, and without studying A Level Physics prior to it.

All medical courses are different, so that's irrelevant. Also, have you yourself studied Physics and Religious Studies? No, so you aren't "more qualified to discuss the benefits of the certain subjects" than anyone else I'm afraid. You're also of no standing to call people idiots for their opinions - yours are worth no more than anyone elses.

I tell you what, it's all pretty silly anyway. Lets just forget it. :yy:
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
so the OP des not need physics as a third A2 as long as they have bio and chem. question answered.

But My advice would be at least have it at AS.:yy:
crazyhelicopter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NS)
All medical courses are different, so that's irrelevant. Also, have you yourself studied Physics and Religious Studies? No, so you aren't "more qualified to discuss the benefits of the certain subjects" than anyone else I'm afraid. You're also of no standing to call people idiots for their opinions - yours are worth no more than anyone elses.
Are you at all qualified to discuss which subjects are needed for medical applications? Are you at all qualified to discuss how useful something will be during your medical studies?
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm with crazyhelicopter on this one, can we have less of the advice from non-medics given as gospel within this forum please, it's really starting to get on my tits :rolleyes:
NS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you at all qualified to discuss which subjects are needed for medical applications? Are you at all qualified to discuss how useful something will be during your medical studies?
As equally qualified as you.
NS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
I'm with crazyhelicopter on this one, can we have less of the advice from non-medics given as gospel within this forum please, it's really starting to get on my tits :rolleyes:
Fair enough if people are indeed as you say, giving advice claiming it to be "gospel"; because at the end of the day, no one really has a 100% correct answer for the OP.
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NS)
Fair enough if people are indeed as you say, giving advice claiming it to be "gospel"; because at the end of the day, no one really has a 100% correct answer for the OP.
Yeh sorry, that wasn't really aimed at you in particular, more just a rant because it's got quite tiresome recently. And just as an aside, I did maths, chemistry and physics to A2, and it hasn't stopped me getting offers
crazyhelicopter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NS)
As equally qualified as you.
How so?
Suspect
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
And just as an aside, I did maths, chemistry and physics to A2, and it hasn't stopped me getting offers
Same but with maths, chemistry, german and rs.
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reading a prospectus is hard work.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This thread has just gone on to so many different things!

will someone [with medical knowledge] please tell the OP - does he/she need Physics as a third A2 level for Medicine - with an official and ligitimate answer so he/she can get what they were looking for and this thread can come to a conclusion
crazyhelicopter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Beska)
Reading a prospectus is hard work.
Where do prospectuses mention physics? Where do they mention more than two sciences except where a number of them say more sciences are detrimental? Where does it say that certain subjects will help with the course as a whole?
crazyhelicopter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by malsi101)
This thread has just gone on to so many different things!

will someone [with medical knowledge] please tell the OP - does he/she need Physics as a third A2 level for Medicine - with an official and ligitimate answer so he/she can get what they were looking for and this thread can come to a conclusion
No she doesn't!
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No she doesn't!

thank you - there you go OP!!!!!

all I have to say is Haaaaaaaaaaalelewwwwwwwwlyaaaaaa aaa
Beska
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Medicine requires Chemistry + Biology + Another subject at A2 (some universities require another science at AS). Some people think a third science would help, others don't.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Beska)
Medicine requires Chemistry + Biology + Another subject at A2 (some universities require another science at AS). Some people think a third science would help, others don't.
Tell us something we don't know:rolleyes:

jesus I thought we had ended then but clearly not
Beska
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by malsi101)
Tell us something we don't know:rolleyes:

jesus I thought we had ended then but clearly not
Thanks for this comment.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Beska)
Thanks for this comment.

snt you a PM
m4n0ran
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think NS is more annoyed about the fact you are claiming to know everything yet you are just speaking from your own experiences, and then calling people idiots for not agreeing when your statement is purely opinionated (directed to crazyhelicopter). Listen love, you're not an admissions tutor, so it's not like you can say which 3rd/4th subject is the best to take when applying for medicine.
crazyhelicopter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by m4n0ran)
I think NS is more annoyed about the fact you are claiming to know everything yet you are just speaking from your own experiences, and then calling people idiots for not agreeing when your statement is purely opinionated (directed to crazyhelicopter). Listen love, you're not an admissions tutor, so it's not like you can say which 3rd/4th subject is the best to take when applying for medicine.
And I have considerably more experience than him- seeing as I have actually studied medicine. I'm not claiming to know everything but I am claiming to know more than an AS student who has yet to even apply to medicine.

If you read the prospectuses you see what subjects are advised. You don't need to be an admissions tutor

As I have said to NS calling him an idiot was inappropriate, but it is extremely frustrating when people who have little to no knowledge of the application procedure and subjects required, preach for the necessity of 4 sciences- granted it would appear that that wasn't NS's aim.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads