The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
aster100
I always see you around threads complaining about something or other...

You hate swear words
You hate simple phrases like get bent or that sucks
Your sarcasm is weird
You're rude in a weird way

etc. etc.

And?
Not very important. Our year was seen as very successful with one to Cambridge, one medic and one dentist. They hadn't got anyone in to Oxbridge or medical/dental school for yonks.
Amy_J
You did didn't you. Haha.

Can you please answer my question...
I am around people who are going to Oxbridge and people who have their hearts set on Leeds Met... to most people it doesn't make a difference (does to me, though.)
Reply 44
Amy_J
I used to think UCL was quite well known throughout the country, but having seen the number of people on the UCL part of this forum from outside London who have been met with confusion when they've explained they're off to UCL, I've realised I was wrong.

Oh well. Are you starting this year?

Yes- fingers crossed.
Reply 45
Amy_J
I used to think UCL was quite well known throughout the country, but having seen the number of people on the UCL part of this forum from outside London who have been met with confusion when they've explained they're off to UCL, I've realised I was wrong.

Oh well. Are you starting this year?

It is amongst employers. I went to a similar type of school, but I don't think anyone considered UCL a "lesser university". It was just somewhere you went if you were rejected by Oxbridge- but were still very good.
I went to Westminster, the university you were planning on going to was an extention of your penis.
Reply 47
AdamTJ
It is amongst employers. I went to a similar type of school, but I don't think anyone considered UCL a "lesser university". It was just somewhere you went if you were rejected by Oxbridge- but were still very good.

My position exactly. Rejected by Oxford, off to UCL. Hopefully.
Reply 48
Amy_J
And?

It's a description. You sound quite stuck up, but it's ok, men like it, so keep going. Dealbreaker's your man. :biggrin:
Not very, but that's reflected in the grades (where E is what we aim for).
jismith1989
Not necessarily (she could just go to a very good private -- as opposed to public -- school), but, yes, it is incredibly likely.

Errrr private & public schools are the same thing (ie: fees have to be paid).
Amy_J

So which school did you go to?
Reply 52
NW8_SW1_EC3
I went to Westminster, the university you were planning on going to was an extention of your penis.

Cambridge bigboy.
Reply 53
aster100
It's a description. You sound quite stuck up, but it's ok, men like it, so keep going. Dealbreaker's your man. :biggrin:

Words can't express how crushed I am that you think this.
Reply 54
dealbreaker
So which school did you go to?

I've told you.
Reply 55
Amy_J

Out of sheer curiosity, what subject at Oxford were you rejected from?
apotoftea
Errrr private & public schools are the same thing (ie: fees have to be paid).

Not really. Public schools are private schools, but not all private schools are public schools. To be a classed as a public school a school has to be a member of a group called the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference. Such schools are more exclusive and tend to have better facilities than the average private school; subsequently the fees also tend to be higher!
Reply 57
aster100
Out of sheer curiosity, what subject at Oxford were you rejected from?

English Literature.
The term public school is generally used now in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and sometimes Scotland to refer to any school that is a member of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference: see the article Independent school (UK) for that sense of the term. The schools and their representative associations prefer the more inclusive term "independent schools", but common usage and the news media in England often refer to them by the traditional name of "public schools".

From wiki.
Amy_J
I've told you.

No you haven't...so which one is it?

Latest

Trending

Trending