Paedophiles Watch

Cowz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by abc101)
Animals aren't sick perverts who abuse children.
Yet don't animals have sex with their young?
Sifr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ViolatedTreason)
i dunno, maybe because there was no police anywhere, and you cant exactly stop them if they are coming at you from behind (not in the dirty sense), and you cant see them...

in the unlikely evnt that i was groped by a guy, id probably smack him in the mush, and see how many false teeth i can knock out...

HA..that made me giggle..
So what would you do if you was groped by a girl?
kidintheriot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
I don't think there's anything wrong merely being a paedophile. It's a sexual preference, no different to homosexuality or a foot fetish. However, I don't think this is you're asking; you're talking about paedophiles who carry out their desires. I believe it's wrong if they're aware of the mental (and maybe physical) scarring it can cause a child. Regardless, it's not on the same level as murder or genocide. I don't believe it's a mental illness, what they need is help to control their desires.
This, basically.

Few things infuriate me more than the reactionary responses as soon as the word paedophile is mentioned. It seems to make people abandon any sense or principles and become oddly brutal.
Paedophiles don't choose to be attracted to children - I'm fairly certain the majority hate themselves for it and wish to be different. It's not the kind of thing you can admit to, regardless of whether you have acted upon your desires, because of the vigilante mob who think violence changes sexual preference.
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
I think it's a social stigma thing. Some people respond with the typical reactionary response and others follow without thinking about why it happened or what they're doing by reacting that way.
It's a social sheep thing to "hate" paedophiles and I'd imagine most don't even know why they hate them.
Yes, yes, yes. Agree totally.

I had an argument with my manager on the very subject. The Metro reported on a paedo who had been given internet access recently (this was about three weeks ago). My boss reacted- and I told him this - with a typical knee-jerk reaction, as did my colleague. He dismisses it. "Lock the *******s up", he goes. "Uncurable", he says, before committing academic sin and telling me that "they've found studies that have proved that a paedophile is uncurable" blah blah blah.

I tell him that this guy has served his three-year sentence, and he's been given his internet access on condition that the police regularly and thoroughly check his computer. Moreover, the Court of Appeals granted him this, and they wouldn't have done that if they didn't believe he was a)rehabilitated, and b)weren't absolutely sure they could check up on him. I specifically made the point that I wasn't arguing for paedophilia, but for this man to be allowed his internet access. My manager just had a go at me for being a friend of paedophiles; the broad sweeping statements he made about the criminal justice system made me extremely glad he wasn't in charge of it. Some people just don't get academic debate. :mad:
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cowz)
Oooo you took a risk syaing that didn't you? I'm not sure how age can be seen as sexual preference. Besides, would you be happy with the idea that some old perv may be secretly taking photos of your kids? Or does that not count as 'carrying out their desires'?
Why can't it be seen as a sexual preference? Paedophiles have a preference, which is sexual, to kids. And no, I wouldn't be happy someone was taking photos of my kids. It would count as partially carrying out their desires, but obviously not to the same extent as actually having sex with a kid.
Chemical_Scum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There seems to be rather reactionary responses to paedophiles. I really don't see how having sex with a kid, as unnatural and 'wrong' as it is, is deserving of death.
wtf are you talking about! "having sex with a kid"!!! rape is in NO WAY equal to sex.
Cowz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rmhumphries)
Age can be sexual preference. I am 18, therefore I like girls between 16-20, with 17-19 being optimum.

Or are you saying you find 70s year olds just as attractive as 20 year old's cowz?
If someone was a biological and mental *adult*, had a good character and someone whom I felt I want to be closer to, then why should I limit myself in my choice of partner?

In a similar note, by extending the above argument I have always wondered if I should be considered bisexual.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's jsut as much a 'mental illness' as Homosexuality or beastiality.

The practise of it however is radically different different.
WelshBluebird
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sifr)
Mind me butting in, but as long as she wasn't going to harm me, then I wouldn't mind lol.

There was a thread a little while ago where someone said she wouldn't mind being raped as long as there was no intent to harm. Or something like that.
Basically the same thing here. If some random girl wanted a feel, then as long as they weren't gonna hurt me, then go ahead lol. (I probably sound like a sad desperate idiot here don't I?? lol).
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sifr)
wouldnt happen, but if, on the off-chance it did, i cant exactly turn round and smack em one can i?

probably flick them the V's or tell them to GTFO.

happened once, and i was freaked out, cos it was in macdonalds, she was a chavvy munter, and was about 12y/o

edit: or... "hands off.. this ass is taken" (dirty connotations not meant, but may add to the effect)
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by solo2wolf)
wtf are you talking about! "having sex with a kid"!!! rape is in NO WAY equal to sex.
Well, rape is a subset of sex. But where did I say rape = sex?
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crimson Black)
Yes, yes, yes. Agree totally.

I had an argument with my manager on the very subject. The Metro reported on a paedo who had been given internet access recently (this was about three weeks ago). My boss reacted- and I told him this - with a typical knee-jerk reaction, as did my colleague. He dismisses it. "Lock the *******s up", he goes. "Uncurable", he says, before committing academic sin and telling me that "they've found studies that have proved that a paedophile is uncurable" blah blah blah.

I tell him that this guy has served his three-year sentence, and he's been given his internet access on condition that the police regularly and thoroughly check his computer. Moreover, the Court of Appeals granted him this, and they wouldn't have done that if they didn't believe he was a)rehabilitated, and b)weren't absolutely sure they could check up on him. I specifically made the point that I wasn't arguing for paedophilia, but for this man to be allowed his internet access. My manager just had a go at me for being a friend of paedophiles; the broad sweeping statements he made about the criminal justice system made me extremely glad he wasn't in charge of it. Some people just don't get academic debate. :mad:
Yess that example is exactly what I was trying to get across. Most people don't know what they're even disgusted over, just that it is supposed to be socially normal to "hate" paedophiles.
TheLandOfNorwegia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by solo2wolf)
no. i said kill those who act upon it. if they choose to completely disregard another persons humanity and do things to them against their will that cause terrible pain then there is only one course of action to be taken. a sickness it may be, though i doubt it. i would love to kill so very many people but i refrain from doing so, not because i think its right (in fact i think it very right to kill people like mugabe) but because i want to live within society. if one chooses to brake the rules laid down by society then so be it, but this should not go unpunished. the punishment for ruining anothers life for personal pleasure should be harsh and i do not have any trouble with it being death. i am speaking from a very experienced point of view given that my family fosters children whom have been abused and i have seen the fruits of such abusive actions. i say it again i would dearly love to kill the men responsible for some of the things that happened to these children but i CHOOSE not to. my desire to kill them is as strong as any desire to hurt them children will have been for them. there is no absolute moral code. we are animals. highly evolved or not. for me that means we can protect one another as we can harm one another but i do not believe that those who harm for reasons other than protection of another/self should be protected. illness or not, if a person is a threat to you or another then there should be nothing to stop you from defending yourself or that person.
My comment about you being a wonderful human being and that of my opinion of the situation were intended to be separate.
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cowz)
If someone was a biological and mental *adult*, had a good character and someone whom I felt I want to be closer to, then why should I limit myself in my choice of partner?

In a similar note, by extending the above argument I have always wondered if I should be considered bisexual.
By saying adult, that is setting limits in itself. Most people will have an age range they prefer. Some won't, but the same can be said for gender.
Faith In Chaos
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yasser Hayatli)
with blunt scissors ?? or normal ones? or wooden ones?
By sharks.

Sorry.

*leaves thread*
kidintheriot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 587)
It's jsut as much a 'mental illness' as Homosexuality or beastiality.

The practise of it however is radically different different.
Well bestiality isn't so different in that animals can't consent, as children can't (legally).
Cowz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why can't it be seen as a sexual preference? Paedophiles have a preference, which is sexual, to kids. And no, I wouldn't be happy someone was taking photos of my kids. It would count as partially carrying out their desires, but obviously not to the same extent as actually having sex with a kid.
Because children are not 'objects' of desire nor are they sexually aware.

How can you partially carry out a desire towards children? To take photos of them is to invade their privacy.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Kill them? Take someone else's life and you are just as bad as them.

It is a sexual preference and no more 'medically wrong' then gay people. However theres a huge difference between those who have this preference and those who actually act upon them. Its a well known fact that alot of people have various rape/bondage fetishes but would obviously never go out and rape someone.
kidintheriot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, rape is a subset of sex. But where did I say rape = sex?
I think the problem was that you didn't say paedophile = inhuman beast deserving of eternal torture and torment with no hope of salvation.
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kidintheriot)
Well bestiality isn't so different in that animals can't consent, as children can't (legally).
thats why beastiality is illegal.

or at least i think it is...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads