help... more exercise balanced diet= no weight loss!! Watch

meathead1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Theres nout wrong with a bit of cheese, you need fats.

Might be worth trading some of the oats (1/4 cup) for some milk for protein. For example

3/4cup oats
1 cup milk
honey

Lowers the carbs a bit andincreases protein which should keep you fuller.
Bebbs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gaylei)
Id like to add a sport like badminton but I dont know how to go about it?
I am going to be doing that mix of cardio and one day of weights thing, whats HITT on a spin bike? I know what a spin bike is but whats hitt?
They must have a local badminton club nearby, join with a friend.

weights training is mentally good for weightloss.

HIIT is periods of high intensitys alternating with low intensity periods.
Normally start 1 min comfortable pace (after warmup), then alternate 30s HI, 1min LI, 15s HI 1min LI. For 10-15minutes. Kicks most peoples asses if done right the first time.
mart1203
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HIIT is basically a flat out burst of whatever exericse you're doing for say 15secs, then go at a slower pace for 45secs, rinse and repeat for about 15-20mins. Best done on running, rowing, cycling, boxing. It keeps you're metabolism high and prevents muscle loss, while increasing fitness and fat loss.
cheese_fondue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
Feta cheese
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 260 kcal 1100 kJ
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 21 g
Protein 14 g

Yes high fat in the split. Not high fat overall. 100g of feta is a more than a serving there.

Sweetcorn calorific lol wut???

Water: 68.36 g
Calories: 77
Protein: 2.90 g
Carbohydrates: 17.12 g
Fiber: 2.4 g
Sugars: 2.90 g
Total Fat: 1.06 g
Saturated Fat: 0.164 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0.312 g

77cals per 100g? brb throwing up my sweetcorns.

Not all alcohol is calorific, beer, ciders, alcopops are. Spirits aren't normally. The other effects on your body are much worse than the cals hit.

Sauces bad??
certain sauces are not good, creamy based ones for example have high saturated fat contents. Sauces based on tomatoes etc are good.

You have a fair few misguided views on food
look, i'm trying to make it not too complicated here, right? who only eats 100 grams of sweetcorn? you've got to be realistic about portion sizes. if she weighs 100 kilos then she's not used to eating 100 grams of sweetcorn only. that's why it makes sense to go for lower-calorie veggies that you can eat more of (like tomatoes, cucumbers etc) for the same amount of calories and fill yourself up so you don't feel hungry.

when you compare (feta) cheese with ham, then ham has less than half the calorie amount, so it's more sensible to quit the cheese if the effort isn't too much. it's also easier to say "stay away from sauces" (and condiments such as ketchup/mayonnaise) than to explain exactly which sauces/condiments to avoid. once she starts reading the labels on the food packaging she'll realise that tomato-based ones usually have less calories (unless they include olive oil and sugar, which is usually the case).

all alcohol is calorific. there is no alcohol that doesn't have calories in it. same goes for juices/soft drinks. tea with milk is calorific too (because of the milk), but it has a lot less than most other drinks.
cheese_fondue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
gaylei, you've got to watch out for your joints, you don't want to totally ruin them. wait with high-impact sports (running etc) until you've lost a lot of weight. stuff you can do to burn calories/build up muscles and which is still low-impact: swimming, biking, walking, cross-trainer.
mart1203
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
all that 20ml of milk in your tea.. whoa that's like 10kcals.. seriously lay off.

Yeah tomato based sauces are good, I make my own just with tinned toms, herbs garlic onions etc... tastes goood. thrown in some chicken/pasta/veg etc got yourself a damn tasty meal.
meathead1987
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cheese_fondue)
look, i'm trying to make it not too complicated here, right? who only eats 100 grams of sweetcorn? you've got to be realistic about portion sizes. if she weighs 100 kilos then she's not used to eating 100 grams of sweetcorn only. that's why it makes sense to go for lower-calorie veggies that you can eat more of (like tomatoes, cucumbers etc) for the same amount of calories and fill yourself up so you don't feel hungry.

when you compare (feta) cheese with ham, then ham has less than half the calorie amount, so it's more sensible to quit the cheese if the effort isn't too much. it's also easier to say "stay away from sauces" (and condiments such as ketchup/mayonnaise) than to explain exactly which sauces/condiments to avoid. once she starts reading the labels on the food packaging she'll realise that tomato-based ones usually have less calories (unless they include olive oil and sugar, which is usually the case).

all alcohol is calorific. there is no alcohol that doesn't have calories in it. same goes for juices/soft drinks. tea with milk is calorific too (because of the milk), but it has a lot less than most other drinks.
If she is 100kg then a bit of sweetcorn isnt going to kill her, tbh I'dget bored eating much more than 100g. Other salad veg are certainly more nutritions though. Tomatoes and beetroot ftw!

Alcohol certainly is calorific and pertty much the biggest evil on a diet.
cantthinkofaname
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok so I have drastically impoved my diet and began doing exercise 4-5 times a week and the weight is just not moving, is there something wrong with me?
go vegetarian. your body panics with sudden changes and diets so may be retaining more water and increasing body fat stores leading to little change in weight. also dont forget that muscle weighs more than fat.
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You have probably gained weight too?
You've probably even look fatter aswell

It's just your new muscles, keep it going and it'll show, and your body will look better
meathead1987
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Vegetarian...LOL.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cheese_fondue)

well its not working, you're just grossly simplifying it, and alot of your ideas are wrong.

I quoted the calores in 100g as that is how calories are quoted, either per 100g or per portion size. Since I didnt know what the OP has i quoted 100g. You would have to eat a hell of a lot of sweetcorn at 77cals/100g. Its 70% water for gods sake.

Ham may be lower calories but it has lower fats as well. FATS ARE GOOD.

Yes its easier to gloss over it. But its much better to explain.

News flash, everything we eat contains calories apart from water. The calories in something a nights worth of vodka drinking are not excessive, around 400-500 for a girl with a decent stomach compared to 300-500 for a pint. Its the long lasting damage it does to you're liver
monica7790
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
but how are you measuring the fat your have eaten?
im a bit weird in the way i know how much fat is in food which isnt labelled like a boiled egg has about 4-5g of fat. and i just dont eat any fried food. and if i eat meals where you just bung them in the oven i just read the label.
meathead1987
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by monica7790)
im a bit weird in the way i know how much fat is in food which isnt labelled like a boiled egg has about 4-5g of fat. and i just dont eat any fried food. and if i eat meals where you just bung them in the oven i just read the label.
Theres 7-8g fat in an egg

And I dont think living off ready meals is the best way to go about dieting.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ready meals often contain massive amounts of sodium(salt) and other nasty stuff you dont get from preparing food from scratch.

depends on the size of the egg meathead. I use XL ones and there 8-9g of fat + proteins. The Small ones are about half that
monica7790
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by meathead1987)
Theres 7-8g fat in an egg

And I dont think living off ready meals is the best way to go about dieting.
no.1 theres is about 9g of fat in TWO egg. http://www.peertrainer.com/DFcalorie...spx?id=118&v=2

no.2 at what point did i say i live off ready meals? a m&s calorie count meal or whatever they are called which is low in cal,fat and salt isn't exactly going to affect me the same way a chicago pizza is.
monica7790
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh yer always weigh yourself in the morning after youve gotten up and gone to the toilet to do your business. that way all your waste is gone and you have no other food/drink in side you.

oh pasta even though calorific is low in fat and keeps me full for ages. ooo and i like yoghurts theyre good in all ways lol good bacteria, low cal, low fat and keep you full.

but overall i think you should do what works best for you.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

oh pasta even though calorific is low in fat and keeps me full for ages. ooo and i like yoghurts theyre good in all ways lol good bacteria, low cal, low fat and keep you full.
low fat is not the be all and end all of diets. Most people diet using carb reduction rather than obsessive fat control.
meathead1987
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
low fat is not the be all and end all of diets. Most people diet using carb reduction rather than obsessive fat control.
Low fat is a HORRENDOUS way to diet.
meathead1987
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

no.2 at what point did i say i live off ready meals? a m&s calorie count meal or whatever they are called which is low in cal,fat and salt isn't exactly going to affect me the same way a chicago pizza is.
I never said junk food, its still a ready meal and fresh food would be much better than a "low fat" meal
monica7790
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by meathead1987)
I never said junk food, its still a ready meal and fresh food would be much better than a "low fat" meal
yer thats true but i dont have time to make things like lasagne fresh.

and to the comments above about 'obssessive fat control' (lol) it works for me so im not gona stop doing it its not like i only eat 45-55g of fat every single day only when i need to lose a few pounds. and i love fish so dont worry i do get all my essential fats.

and i shall now retreat to my bed so good night and have fun discussing diets. xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads