13.76%
No never (83)
76.15%
Kemik
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take a night nurse. I guarantee you won't wake up for hours, no matter what time you take them.

I used them for a bad flu last year and collapsed on to the sofa. Didn't realise it would be that effective!
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_used_to_love_H.E.R)
Anxiety pills should have the same effect right , both tablets are meant to calm and settle you down....
It might depend which ones. I'm talking Chlordiazepoxide rather than Kalms but maybe Kalms could I dunno. I'm not gonna try!

blackdragonthegreat- Yeah it is tough to wake up and you do feel like **** but its better than having no sleep at all. Believe me I've done that and taken a practical drama exam, rehearsing for 10 hours. That wasn't fun.
Blue Rose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I go to bed early and use an alarm (or two).
Sharpnel
Report 10 years ago
ive taken narcolepsy tablets to keep me awake ^^, but sleeping has never been a problem
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I took a quarter of one once and needless to say the next day I couldn't get up at all.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. I never have any difficulty in getting to sleep.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
No. I never have any difficult in getting to sleep.
Evidently.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Evidently.
I am, however, nocturnal.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I took sleeping tablets for a week or so. I found it hard to come off them and they did not seem to help all that much.
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, never. I'm one of those annoying people that fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've tried some from Holland and Barret but they didn't work - well, the first night they did but only really as a placebo affect I think, not properly.

Does anyone know, are there pills you can take to keep you up longer? I've got a lot of revision to do for a resit in august and can't seem to concentrate past a certain time at night, but then I work for half the day so need to expand the number of hours in my day lol.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
I've tried some from Holland and Barret but they didn't work - well, the first night they did but only really as a placebo affect I think, not properly.

Does anyone know, are there pills you can take to keep you up longer? I've got a lot of revision to do for a resit in august and can't seem to concentrate past a certain time at night, but then I work for half the day so need to expand the number of hours in my day lol.
Pro plus?
Hannah_x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, prescription.
Over the counter ones are just glorified antihistamines.
x
Hannah_x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
No, never. I'm one of those annoying people that fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow
I hate you.
x
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I just read random terms and conditions from random sites, it does wonders.
Hannah_x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_used_to_love_H.E.R)
Anxiety pills should have the same effect right , both tablets are meant to calm and settle you down....
I have different prescriptions for anxiety and insomnia - My anxiety drugs don't make me tired in the slightest.
x
chupa chup
Report 10 years ago
I've taken them a few times and always felt really groggy and sleepy until mid-afternoon the next day, if you do decide to use them make sure you do a test run on a night when you dont have anything the next day, just to check that they're okay.
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hannah_x)
I have different prescriptions for anxiety and insomnia - My anxiety drugs don't make me tired in the slightest.
x
ok.. u quoted me from 2 different accounts?

LOL thanks, i now know enough about sleeping and anxiety tablets for life........
kamie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They make me throw up, so I've given up on them. Wish I could take them though.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had to take them between the age of 5-7 years old because I was waking up at 3 in the morning. I haven't taken them for the last 8 years though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.06%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (578)
47.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed