A Level English Literature Watch

Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rainbow drops)
ah okay. i was just wondering, my teacher marks WJEC papers and she's always telling us about all the 100% marks she's given out, hahaha. so i was wondering whether it's the same across all the examiners. then again, she does tend to over-exaggerate matters.

i do have 100% in my coursework already, providing the exam board don't mark it down, and i feel that i did well in my exams, so all should be well. it would be nice if i ended up getting over 95% overall, because i'm applying for english later this year and it could be put in my reference.

thanks for that!

Ah, I'm sure you can manage 95% - especially if you did coursework at AS, that's lucky. We had three examined modules last year, so I didn't do any
at AS, just this year at A2 (Also 100% - fingers crossed for the pair of us!). Hopefully I can boost my average up to 95% as well this year; I'm fairly sure I absolutely nailed the Dr. Faustus synoptic!

(Yeah, it's worth going with WJEC just for Doctor Faustus, I swear it really is.)
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Greatleysteg)
Ah, I'm sure you can manage 95% - especially if you did coursework at AS, that's lucky. We had three examined modules last year, so I didn't do any
at AS, just this year at A2 (Also 100% - fingers crossed for the pair of us!). Hopefully I can boost my average up to 95% as well this year; I'm fairly sure I absolutely nailed the Dr. Faustus synoptic!

(Yeah, it's worth going with WJEC just for Doctor Faustus, I swear it really is.)
yeah, my coursework was on a streetcar named desire, which i loved.

i want to study faustus SO much, at my school you study either faustus or the duchess of malfi depending on the class you get put in for A2. faustus looks infinitely more fun, i have to say!

good luck with your result, it sounds to me like you've done so well!
butterflyyyy
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ElectricOceans)
I hope I get to study Carol Ann Duffy as one of the poets, I don't like all her work but she seems like an interesting poet to study.
Argh i hated her over the top feminist poems in the worlds wife, but that may just be because i don't like modern poetry as much as other things. classical literature is much more enjoyable and easier to study, to be honest, because you like it and are more willing to study it! it wasn't just about the exams it was about genuinely liking the text. I think the majority felt this way, i wish they'd take crap literature off the syllabus!
ALBERTA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rainbow drops)
ah okay. i was just wondering, my teacher marks WJEC papers and she's always telling us about all the 100% marks she's given out, hahaha. so i was wondering whether it's the same across all the examiners. then again, she does tend to over-exaggerate matters.
I'm surprised some people even get A's with WJEC. My school does English Literature under the board and we all hate it. In the january exam, only 5 people got an A and the rest got below a C including me. I did retake it and I actually found it very easy. Maybe because I got used to the board but I still hate it.
shotgunkisses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure what exam board I was on (stupid, I know, but I get mixed up with em all), but we did coursework on Shakespeare, a closed book exam on the war novel Spies, and an open book exam on Chaucer's 'The Miller's Tale' and Arthur Miller's 'All My Sons' for AS. It wasn't too bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (206)
40.08%
No - but I will (31)
6.03%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.81%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
47.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise