?
Report 10 years ago
:willypalm:
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for me at least, the reason why I want to drive is just the freedom to go where I want, when I want. I'm so fed up with public transport where I live (over £2 to go under 2 miles by bus). Also to the nearest city (cardiff) it takes less than 40 minutes driving, but over an hour by train (or 2 hours by bus).
</gibberish>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I've grown up being given lifts everywhere in a car and I really have no desire to get a car, motorbikes however...:love:
bean87
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah i have a bike, but they arent fun at all in winter

brrrrr
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
Wow. That's really not so much 'pimp my ride' as 'blimp my ride'.
jaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like cars because they get me about in warmth, comfort and relatively quickly. I guess I spend so much money trying to get one that goes and looks as fast and as pretty as possible because of the hobby aspect, but also because it's something I use and enjoy so regularly, and costs so much anyway, that I might as well get one that I'm gonna enjoy every time I sit in it
CatatonicStupor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I drive because I can. It gives me the freedom to go places in half the time compared to public transport. Plus, I can decide to go anywhere on a whim, rather than think "Okay, it's the 9:50 train, and then the 14:35 back..." Really there's not much else I enjoy about cars - yes, ''when I'm older'' I'll probably sit around thinking about which car to get next, but I couldn't care less right now because I'm just using mine to get from A to B really.

Eventually, I'll be selling mine on to get a bit more cash for the first year of uni, but until then I have to cope with it being a vehicle that costs a king's ransom to drive, insure, and get MOT'd every year. Thankfully, it all ends in September. Huzzah! And then I don't have to think about cars until 2012 at least.
The Hitchhiker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
but also because it's something I use and enjoy so regularly, and costs so much anyway, that I might as well get one that I'm gonna enjoy every time I sit in it
Top marks!
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bean87)
lol jog on

havent heard that in a while. if i remember i was in liverpool with an absolute dumb ****

i like people being angry at me through ignorance, its like im winning twice
But winning an internet argument is like winning the special olympics.
Sure you may have won, but you're still a ******.

Honestly, don't babble on about your life story, or the fact you think you're better than everyone else, just move on.
Joel103
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lara C.)
you dont relise how much you need a car till you actually get one. just like you wouldnt know how much you needed a computer if youd never had one.

Totally agree, I never saw the big deal in cars but now I have one, I just love driving and hate public transport which generally tends to be full of OAP's, weirdos and chavs half the time. Take my trip to work yesterday for example, its a 40 minute trip in the car, or a 2 hour (if I time it right) trip on public transport, my cars boned at the minute so I had to get the bus, the man sat directly in front of me, for the entire journey, kept full on licking and nibbling his glasses case . I miss my car.
Sync
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bean87)
christ maybe i shouldn't veer from the 'smart' forums
Yes; mount your high horse and gallop back to the 'smart' forums. They miss you.
bubblez_4565
Report 10 years ago
honestly the best part about my car? the fact that instead of payin £3 for a bus ticket to work per day i pay £10 per week of petrol and im away. plus it lasts longer than jus the bus journey too and from work. my insurance is £700 a yr and my tax is £115. therefore i pay £780 to get the bus JUST to and from work. without the fact that i have a 1yr old i may have stuck to public transport a bit longer.
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Friggerpants)
how original :rolleyes:
bean87
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Friggerpants)

Honestly, don't babble on about your life story, or the fact you think you're better than everyone else, just move on.
thats a really old and stupid saying, because that means everyone on the forum is 'special', and im the best of the special people

you're an idiot

write your own responces
libertine861
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not a big fan of cars but I do drive. Like others have said, it gives you more freedom to go to places and I work late at night when there is no public transport. Well I do only live down the road from my work but considering I would have to walk through an isolated industrial estate with dangerous paths and I have been attacked twice before; I take the car.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Purely for the fun of it.
I'll often take the car out just for kicks.

I went out for a drive with my local MG owners club the other day. Did 200 miles in various weather conditions and it was great fun.
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lara C.)
how original :rolleyes:

It don't matter if it's old, it's true though,

Got some kid calling me gay for no reason, I'm just laying the law down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (207)
40.12%
No - but I will (32)
6.2%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
46.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise