The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Freud
which companies can you recommend for good pay?

I know I'm not the person you asked, but I think Grass Roots, GfK and mysteryoutsource are the best paying ones. I've done two for Grass Roots now which have just involved making an enquiry at a bank and I got paid £10 each for them. I've done a couple of ones for GfK involving ordering train tickets online (which is obviously very easy) and I got paid £7 each for them as well (and of course you get the money you spent on the tickets reimbursed). I have never done one for mysteryoutsource but am doing one on Saturday which involves going to a shop and asking them to demonstrate something, for which I will get paid £15. Gapbuster is good if you want to get free food (they seem to have lots of Pizza Hut, Dominos and McDonald's ones) but you won't get much money on top of what they give you for the food.
I've only been mystery shopping for about 2 weeks but I have earned about £50 in that time, which is ok considering it doesn't take much effort and I can't find a proper job, but it's a bit annoying that my boyfriend gets more than that in just one day!
Reply 41
Dill
I know I'm not the person you asked, but I think Grass Roots, GfK and mysteryoutsource are the best paying ones. I've done two for Grass Roots now which have just involved making an enquiry at a bank and I got paid £10 each for them. I've done a couple of ones for GfK involving ordering train tickets online (which is obviously very easy) and I got paid £7 each for them as well (and of course you get the money you spent on the tickets reimbursed). I have never done one for mysteryoutsource but am doing one on Saturday which involves going to a shop and asking them to demonstrate something, for which I will get paid £15. Gapbuster is good if you want to get free food (they seem to have lots of Pizza Hut, Dominos and McDonald's ones) but you won't get much money on top of what they give you for the food.
I've only been mystery shopping for about 2 weeks but I have earned about £50 in that time, which is ok considering it doesn't take much effort and I can't find a proper job, but it's a bit annoying that my boyfriend gets more than that in just one day!

Thanks for the reply :smile: I've noticed you've been replying a lot in these mystery shoppers threads and it's been mostly your recommendations that have led me to sign up to grassroots and gfk earlier today. I've now got a logon thingy for grassroots, so I just I just wait for them to okay my details and send me some stuff to do. Thanks for being so helpful :smile: I might sign up for mysteryoutsource and gapbusters too
Reply 42
GfK is odd, they keep offering me jobs for places that are up to 250 miles away. Like if I would go that far haha.
Reply 43
Haha it's because that's what I mostly do with my time now. I try and get as many mystery shops as possible as I can't find a real job :frown: Hope you find something. Just sign up with as many as possible.

Oh yeah, GfK have done that to me too. It's kind of annoying when they e-mail you saying there are new assessments available in your area, but when you check it's nowhere near your area! Rar.
What age groups do you think these sites look for? I'm 16, and not sure if they'd want me... do you think it'd be best to say I'm 18/19, or is that even too young?

Thanks
Reply 45
Freud
which companies can you recommend for good pay?

yeah im with Dill, gfk and Grass roots (thought GFK isn't that good as the moment, loads of telephone jobs and nothing else). I also say Optimum contact = they do the cinema and bowling and pay for costs + a decent fee on top. but they only get a couple of jobs once or twice a month.
Reply 46
KnightRider
What age groups do you think these sites look for? I'm 16, and not sure if they'd want me... do you think it'd be best to say I'm 18/19, or is that even too young?

Thanks

Hey, I think most of the ones I've looked at are wanting you to be 18 or older, though I can't speak for all of them. You probably would get more shop offers if you said you were 18/19, so it's really up to you!

Oh yeah, GfK is being rubbish at the moment. I keep getting e-mails saying they have new assignments available, and when I go on and check they are nowhere near me! At least Grass Roots actually check to make sure the mystery shops they are offering you are suitable for you.
BARE international have quite a lot of flights at the moment, which is good I suppose if you were planning on taking a little trip soon, but not so good otherwise since you'll have to pay for your own accommodation or just get the flight straight back again which wouldn't be much fun, plus you aren't paid anything on top of the reimbursement.
Reply 47
I can't find where i apply to be a mystery shopper on Gfk website. Could anyone help please?
Reply 48
ecokid
I can't find where i apply to be a mystery shopper on Gfk website. Could anyone help please?

https://cybershop.gfk.com/Cybershop2Web/Public/ApplyNow.aspx
Reply 49
Thanks Dill, you're a star :biggrin:
Reply 50
I would recommend Grassroots for mainly bank and supermarket and also mobile jobs.. you get 2 or 3 jobs a month.

GFK for telephone calls..Banks..Mobile..Train tickets..

Gapbuster for food places (think of some big chains and you will get the idea) although Gapbusters pay is rubbish.

Retail eyes - (Great if you 18+) as there lots of a big chain pub..and also sandwich shops, and hotels when you get a good rating.

Theres a couple more good ones, but its best to stick to just a few.. oh and it says you need a photo..you dont though.. :wink:
Reply 51
I've applied, and been accepted, by GFK, Grassroots, and Bare. I didn't apply to gapbusters because it asks for referees and phone numbers :s-smilie: Bare has an awful awful website. Plus they're tried to get me to do a mystery shop in Watford (a 20-30minute drive from me) for a mystery shop for over 25s only, ffs.

I'm schedualed for my first mystery shop phone call on tuesday! Will be the easiest £6 ever :p: Thank you this thread :smile:
Reply 52
also if you apply to gapbuster they ring constantly trying to fob you off with jobs... i cant count the calls ive had with them asking me to do mcdonalds.
My Mum worked with a few of the companies listed above, such as grassroots and gapbuster. She now does a lot of work for ABA - but she does it as more a permament part-time job - gets given a list she has to do for a specific date, like she had a shedload of B&Q ones to do for the glasgow area, things like that. Some companies will pay you to stay over in places if its far away, and some pay mileage as well. Just experiment with different companies, but if you are serious about it, it is wise to accept all the jobs you are offered else they find someone else to do it and keep it on record that you didnt accept the job.
Reply 54
So you think I should have accepted to travel to Stornoway from Glasgow for a job centre audit? lmao as if. I dont see why you cant reject them if they are completely ages away and they dont pay for travel or anything!

Latest

Trending

Trending