Head Start books - worth it? Watch

andyroo161
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Personally I wont recommend getting any books, just wait till september and start then I did that and should get some good grades so it not worth it. Just enjoy the long summer and get a job or something, you need to relax before A Levels, they are a lot harder than GCSE's.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by andyroo161)
Personally I wont recommend getting any books, just wait till september and start then I did that and should get some good grades so it not worth it. Just enjoy the long summer and get a job or something, you need to relax before A Levels, they are a lot harder than GCSE's.
I already have a job, and a volunteer job. I will still relax, I'm not going to be chained to my desk for 12 hours a day, but I want to gain some confidence in my subjects before September.
andyroo161
Report 10 years ago
Well just work and work and get some extra cash, it helps so much in 6th form I still have some of my last summer holidays money. You just need to forget about school, it help in September so forget about your desk and enjoy the summer.
AJ-24
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
, I don't really like CGP books because they put too much on the pages. I prefer simple, boring revision guides lol. I don't need "Cut out and keep bagpipers" to help me with my music GCSE for example.
Lol - I suppose it's all down to personal preference, but there's a considerable shift in style from GCSE to A-Level style with CGP. There are considerably fewer jokes, and it's approached in a more mature way

Have a read of a few in a library (or a book shop .. ) see what you think.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by indie_couture)
Thanks! xxxxxxxxx
Okay, I just got them. They seem pretty good. For each chapter (e.g. Chapter 1: Algebra and functions), they summarise the key points to remember (e.g. what a difference of squares is).

Then they have about 4 worked examples and 3 worked exam style questions. Then there's a revision exercise with about 10 questions and then a "Test Yourself" section with answers. The revision section questions are at the back of the book.

There's also a exam style paper at the back.

Overall, they do seem quite good, and easy to use.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed