Best PAYG network? Watch

chernij
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
They do fairly cheap PAYG phones as well, don't they?
With Orange, you can get a PAYG phone with polyphonic ringtones for as little as £9.99. Some phones for £9.99 have games too!
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chernij)
Phone 450 from your phone (free Orange service line), then Option 3 ("Anything else"), then Option 2 ("Services on your account"), then Option 2 ("Magic Numbers").

To add a magic number to your account, choose Option 1 ("Add magic number").
Then type in the number you want reduced calls for, and then click "Hash" I think (or just follow their instructions on the phone).

Then you'll receive a message confirming your magic number(s).

I think you can have up to 3 magic numbers
thanks for that, I remember now I tried to do it but I'm going to have to speak to them because it's saying I am not eligible for magic numbers at the moment. I'll ring later, not got time now, thanks though
foldingstars
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If your partner's on O2, and it's them that you text/call most, then I'd definitely get an O2 sim card and go on the Unlimited tariff. Then you can text and call him as much as you want, and you have the £15 you put on each month to use on other people who are on other networks, who I presume - if you're like me - you don't text or phone nearly as much!
chernij
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
thanks for that, I remember now I tried to do it but I'm going to have to speak to them because it's saying I am not eligible for magic numbers at the moment. I'll ring later, not got time now, thanks though
From the Orange website: How to be eligible for Orange Magic Numbers:

How can I have a Magic Number?

For pay monthly customers to be eligible for Magic Numbers you will need to sign up to one of the 18 month Packages.

For pay as you go customers to be eligible for Magic Numbers you will need to register your personal details via customer services by dialling
Spoiler:
Show
free from a landline.
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by rodman)
u spend £30 a month on PAYG? :eek:
I have no idea what I'm going to spend on PAYG. I've been on contract for three years and need to go back to PAYG because it's costing me WAY too much.
small&mighty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Definitely go with o2. I've been on PAYG with them now for about 5 years, never had any problems, and as it's already been mentioned, the unlimited calls/texts to o2 numbers is good for £15 a month. Plus there's things like o2 treats and rewards and such.
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do Not Go With Orange. Just Been On The Phone To Them For Nearly An Hour Only To Find Out That They Had Been Lying To Me For The Last 3 Months.
chernij
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The_Goose)
Do Not Go With Orange. Just Been On The Phone To Them For Nearly An Hour Only To Find Out That They Had Been Lying To Me For The Last 3 Months.
You could understand them on the other side of the phone? Lol.

What were they lying to you about?
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You could understand them on the other side of the phone? Lol.

What were they lying to you about?

I asked about network unlocking proceedure and they said "All you have to do is being with orange for 3 months, then we can unlock the phone"

so i waited the three months only t be tld there was a £20 charge, by which point the 30 money back had run out so i couldn't take the phone back, I explained all this and a guy said "sorry for the inconveniance, i'll send the unlock codes out to you free of charge as a goodwill gesture"

then when it hadn't arrived in 3 weeks i rang again only to be told there was nothing they could do unless the ohone had a balance of £20.

Not impressed
chernij
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I asked about network unlocking proceedure and they said "All you have to do is being with orange for 3 months, then we can unlock the phone"

so i waited the three months only t be tld there was a £20 charge, by which point the 30 money back had run out so i couldn't take the phone back, I explained all this and a guy said "sorry for the inconveniance, i'll send the unlock codes out to you free of charge as a goodwill gesture"

then when it hadn't arrived in 3 weeks i rang again only to be told there was nothing they could do unless the ohone had a balance of £20.

Not impressed
I have to say I am totally shocked! Wow! Can't believe they did this! No wonder you don't like them!

But then again, you asked them about unlocking your phone so that you could go to a different network, losing Orange money? Even though that would be the case (I would presume), it was very harsh what they did.
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have to say I am totally shocked! Wow! Can't believe they did this! No wonder you don't like them!

But then again, you asked them about unlocking your phone so that you could go to a different network, losing Orange money? Even though that would be the case (I would presume), it was very harsh what they did.

They still fully lied to me. I mean the first time could be excused i guess they may have forgotten to mention the charge - but for the guy to say i'd have the code for free in 3 days was a blatant lie
chernij
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They still fully lied to me. I mean the first time could be excused i guess they may have forgotten to mention the charge - but for the guy to say i'd have the code for free in 3 days was a blatant lie
Hmm yeh - I get why you don't like them.
It is ridiculous
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm yeh - I get why you don't like them.
It is ridiculous

luckily i have a free phone number for them so even thought i've spent quite while on the phone, didn't cost me a penny
hannahsmith
Report 10 years ago
Checked out O2, Vodafone, Orange and T-mobile and this is what I found. The pay monthly SIM only packages are defenitly worth it!

Worked out that if I called for ca 10mins a day I would end up spending over 45 pounds a month just on calls if I used PAYG (pay as you go):rant: (Coming from sweden where i pay about 5p per call and nil per text within my network and about 5p per min and 1p per text to all others that would be a joke!)

I found that Orange although many people here seam to like them didn't have too great deals and neither did O2.

T-mobile had the best deal at 15 pounds giving you 350 mins and 650 texts!
At 20 pounds both T-mobile and Vodafone offer the same deal with 500 mins and unlimited texts!

At 25 pounds T-mobile are yet again better giving you 800 mins and unlimited texts. They also have a deal at 30 pounds giving you 1400 mins and unlimited text, if you're the type that just really can't get off the phone!

Hope this is helpful
samperry209
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Blyk!!

217 texts and 43 mins for free!!
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by hannahsmith)
Checked out O2, Vodafone, Orange and T-mobile and this is what I found. The pay monthly SIM only packages are defenitly worth it!

Worked out that if I called for ca 10mins a day I would end up spending over 45 pounds a month just on calls if I used PAYG (pay as you go):rant: (Coming from sweden where i pay about 5p per call and nil per text within my network and about 5p per min and 1p per text to all others that would be a joke!)

I found that Orange although many people here seam to like them didn't have too great deals and neither did O2.

T-mobile had the best deal at 15 pounds giving you 350 mins and 650 texts!
At 20 pounds both T-mobile and Vodafone offer the same deal with 500 mins and unlimited texts!

At 25 pounds T-mobile are yet again better giving you 800 mins and unlimited texts. They also have a deal at 30 pounds giving you 1400 mins and unlimited text, if you're the type that just really can't get off the phone!

Hope this is helpful
although your advice is really really useful hun, don't get me wrong, I am looking for PAYG and not Pay monthy.

But, thankyou. <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed