Me&boyfreind going to uni Watch

xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It's not so much advice as common sense

Good luck
how is it common sence knowing the universities that are good for both and near eachother, are you trying to say im thick? because im not.
Tinkerbee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xxstace123xx)
how is it common sence knowing the universities that are good for both and near eachother, are you trying to say im thick? because im not.

I'm sure you are not... but my 8 year old cousin is aware there are many unis in one city/near each other
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i know i can go to uni, its been like my ambition since i was young.
You'll need to learn basic grammar first.
Punk Phloyd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Given this thread I would say that is debatable.
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Punk Phloyd)
Given this thread I would say that is debatable.

Agree

It's

*sense

and *boyfriend

:rolleyes:
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
well i didnt know you couldnt do text talk on here so im sorry, i havent been a member for long, i cant be to bad at english im predicted an A/A*.
Stray_talk
Report 10 years ago
Look, you won't be together in 4 years. I doesn't happen like that.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well i didnt know you couldnt do text talk on here so im sorry, i havent been a member for long, i cant be to bad at english im predicted an A/A*.
lol, yeah. right.
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i cant be to bad at english im predicted an A/A*.
Too

Sorry, couldn't resist.
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
Look, you won't be together in 4 years. I doesn't happen like that.
how can you say this for definate, i know many couples that where together from a young age, my nan and grandad being an example, and now their in their 60's so it cant be impossible.
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how can you say this for definate, i know many couples that where together from a young age, my nan and grandad being an example, and now their in their 60's so it cant be impossible.
how can you say for definite that you will be? :rolleyes:
Stray_talk
Report 10 years ago
I didn't say 'definite' or 'impossible', I just said it doesn't happen. There are few examples sure but planning your life away at 15 is madness, you don't want to get bogged down trying to be at the same Uni as your bf - by the way, how old is he?

Honestly, you'll want time apart and your own independence, that's what Uni is all about, you'll feel crowded otherwise. LDRs do work.

Also, how can you say for sure you will still be together?!
Mr. Mortell
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're 15. You won't be dating this gentlemen by the time it comes to apply. And even if you do, choose your own University because it is your own life.
Cattleman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you really?
afua12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
get your qualifications, see what sort of grades your getting, decide after 2/3 years if you still want to study psychology and then search for a uni which you like and suits your grades.

if after all that, you're still with your boyfriend - still don't go to uni with him.

I've seen quite a few couples who were about 12/13/14 and completely convinced they were love, going to be together forever, omg we're oging to get married and have babies. None of them have lasted. Some just grew up, but most are still just as immature and just had nasty fall outs.

I'd advise just enjoying your time together, but seperating it from your life plan.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)
If you're really not going to break up, you don't need to be living in the same place to survive.

If your relationship is worth it, if you really think it's forever, then it can survive the two of you picking two unis perfect for you and your course as individuals.

If you're scared you'll break up because of distance, well sorry, but you'd break up without the distance before long most likely anyway, too.
^^ This. Really.

Plus, I will eat my own head if someone who writes like the OP actually gets an A or above in GCSE English.
groovychez89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thought i'd get in on the action sorry but boyfriend on the thread title isnt even spelt right!
I think you need to think about what people have said on here.. the chances are that you and your boyfriend will still be together by the time you go to university is pretty slim.. you havent hit that age where life gets extra complicated. You'll see
Holty-Dave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why don't you try go for the uni which is best for your course rather than make a decision for both of you. Its pretty short sighted and naive really if you do end up going to the same uni for the sake of a relationship. I think you need to judge what is best for YOU so you aren't left with any regrets.
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
Plus, I will eat my own head if someone who writes like the OP actually gets an A or above in GCSE English.
Yes we will see, think you will be eating your head. Your probably all older than me, so obviously you have better grammar, i will get an A because all ny coursework is A* and my practice exam was the highest A grade, just because i don't always spell everything right because i've made a typing error or i have wrote it in text form doesn't mean i'm not good at english, i just dont spend time looking at what my spelling is like on a post, it is only a post people. I would also like to point out that i asked for advice not everyone telling me it wont happen, if you have some advice please let me know, if not then don't bother posting!!
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why can't you be together at different unis?

It's my experience that couples that are together for a long time gain a sense of 'complacency'. Perhaps being apart (even by a few miles- Think about different london unis?) can give you something new to a relationship, and then if it falls apart, you won't feel like you have to see him every day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads